NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

NX 2022 keeps asking for my PIN

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-23, 08:43 AM
KLOCQ
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

delete post

Last edited by KLOCQ; 07-26-23 at 01:25 PM.
Old 07-27-23, 07:41 AM
KLOCQ
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Gbobst
It depends. Any software update that is completed will ask you to enter it, like your phone does. Think of the display as a tablet.
Not driving the vehicle for an extended period will ask you for a PIN.
Understand what you're saying, but IMHO that's an unnecessary complication imposed by Lexus.
In a phone, prompting for PIN can be justified as a safety matter. If too bothersome, it can be disabled by the user.
In a car, if the driver has a key, it drives, with or without PIN. There is already an option in settings to link the key. Therefore, the system should be smart enough to recognize the key, as expected.
My BMW does exactly that. Never had to input a PIN, other than when disconnecting the battery (even that it's only for the radio).
Old 07-27-23, 05:22 PM
Kenasch
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Gbobst
Yes and no. The DCM (data control module) that is in your vehicle is in essence a mobile device that relies in cell tower coverage. That will trigger the PIN when you loose connection and then regain it. So there is the yes part. But your actual phone is not doing anything to cause it.
A few weeks ago, I got this reply from my dealer:
"Lexus wants the car to get checked into service so we are able to plug the computer into it so Kevin and the Lexus engineers can work on a diagnosis and order the parts they will need most-likely need to replace."
They would keep it for a few days and give me a loaner. I have been putting this off in the hope that the issue would resolve itself. However I am still getting the Popup Pin message no matter what I try. So I am just wondering if anyone else has any success going this route.
Old 09-25-23, 10:52 AM
Kenasch
Driver

Here is an update on my PIN popup issue. The dealer had the car for almost a week while a used a loaner. The loaner car (NX 350 2024) did not have any PIN requests during my use. The Dealer restarted the software and did diagnosis but was unable to determine the source of the problem. They told me to delete and reinstall the Lexus app, which I did. On return of the vehicle I am still getting the PIN popup requests and again they seem to be in the same geographical area every time. I tried turning off background refresh in the Lexus app settings and then deleting the app altogether but with no success. I am now going to upgrade my IPhone from XR to 13 to see if that solves this problem.
Old 09-25-23, 10:58 AM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Kenasch
Here is an update on my PIN popup issue. The dealer had the car for almost a week while a used a loaner. The loaner car (NX 350 2024) did not have any PIN requests during my use. The Dealer restarted the software and did diagnosis but was unable to determine the source of the problem. They told me to delete and reinstall the Lexus app, which I did. On return of the vehicle I am still getting the PIN popup requests and again they seem to be in the same geographical area every time. I tried turning off background refresh in the Lexus app settings and then deleting the app altogether but with no success. I am now going to upgrade my IPhone from XR to 13 to see if that solves this problem.
All I did was enter my pin and have not seen it since.
Old 09-25-23, 11:02 AM
Kenasch
Driver

Originally Posted by Geopoz
All I did was enter my pin and have not seen it since.
I wish it was that simple for me. I have reentered the PIN many times but it still pop ups. I have also tried cancelling the request and also hitting the carplay icon a couple of times. In every case the Carplay resumes almost immediately only to send me a request later in my journey. It is very annoying and could be a safety issue as I can be distracting attending to this while driving.
Old 10-20-23, 11:51 AM
Kenasch
Driver

Here is an update on my issue. I did upgrade to iPhone 13 and now I am no longer getting the PIN popups. I did get a couple the first few days but nothing since. No way to know if it was the iPhone upgrade itself or Lexus finally fixed the glitch with a software update. Hopefully this is the end to my problem with PIN popups.
Old 10-20-23, 12:05 PM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Here is an update on my issue. I did upgrade to iPhone 13 and now I am no longer getting the PIN popups. I did get a couple the first few days but nothing since. No way to know if it was the iPhone upgrade itself or Lexus finally fixed the glitch with a software update. Hopefully this is the end to my problem with PIN popups.
Good to hear. I still don't think it was a phone issue. I had the recent software update done and no problems so far.
Old 10-28-23, 04:20 PM
woodstock99
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi - we just picked up a 24 NX350h today and are getting the pin entry pop-up! We have other issues with profiles etc not sure what the issue is. Frustrating for a new car!
Old 10-28-23, 05:18 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by woodstock99
Hi - we just picked up a 24 NX350h today and are getting the pin entry pop-up! We have other issues with profiles etc not sure what the issue is. Frustrating for a new car!
when I picked up my car and setup my profile with the dealership I was asked to setup a pin #. After getting home the car kept asking for my pin. Finally I entered the pin I chose at the dealership and have not got that message again.
The following users liked this post:
woodstock99 (10-28-23)
Old 03-31-24, 05:37 PM
Kenasch
Driver

I just realized I did not update my last post in this thread. Unfortunately, The pop up pin requests are still happening. The new phone seemed to work for a while but I still get the requests now.
Old 04-05-24, 08:05 AM
Sierralima
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just realized I did not update my last post in this thread. Unfortunately, The pop up pin requests are still happening. The new phone seemed to work for a while but I still get the requests now.
Thanks for updating. I've had my 2023 UX 6 months. There was a software update yesterday and I've started getting the requests for a PIN. I've reset the PIN and updated the app, entered the PIN about 5 times but it continued today. I've got a request in at the dealer for next steps, but want to keep updated on others experience.
Old 04-05-24, 07:35 PM
Dkaplan
Intermediate

Received 132 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Sierralima
Thanks for updating. I've had my 2023 UX 6 months. There was a software update yesterday and I've started getting the requests for a PIN. I've reset the PIN and updated the app, entered the PIN about 5 times but it continued today. I've got a request in at the dealer for next steps, but want to keep updated on others experience.
I sometimes had that problem when I didn’t wait for the car to connect before putting it into gear.

Try starting the car and waiting for everything to connect (about 30 seconds) before doing anything, including putting the car in gear or even putting the phone on the wireless charger. This always works for me.
Old 04-05-24, 08:08 PM
Kenasch
Driver

Originally Posted by Dkaplan
I sometimes had that problem when I didn’t wait for the car to connect before putting it into gear.

Try starting the car and waiting for everything to connect (about 30 seconds) before doing anything, including putting the car in gear or even putting the phone on the wireless charger. This always works for me.

Agree, I have to do this as well. However, my PIN requests still occur while I am driving and usually in the same locations. That leads me to believe it is caused by poor cell service. Lexus should be able to fix this with a software upgrade.
The following users liked this post:
Dkaplan (04-06-24)
Old 04-06-24, 05:31 AM
King2024
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I believe it is a poor cellular signal in that area. A couple of days ago I pulled the car out of a garage - metal roof. The car asked for a PIN. After I drove a few miles, I entered two or three times and the car returned to normal.

Quick Reply: NX 2022 keeps asking for my PIN