NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

NX 2022 keeps asking for my PIN

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-24, 07:12 AM
Sierralima
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dkaplan
I sometimes had that problem when I didn’t wait for the car to connect before putting it into gear.

Try starting the car and waiting for everything to connect (about 30 seconds) before doing anything, including putting the car in gear or even putting the phone on the wireless charger. This always works for me.

Thank you, I will try this. I had a 2020 UX for 3 years before buying the 2023, and have had this car over 6 months. I've never had an issue with the cars asking for a PIN before this week. I've driven the same commute 5 days/week for 3 years without this occurring, too. The PIN request is coming up 3-4 times each commute.

I sent a chat before work yesterday to my dealer, I was told they would look into it and get back with me. So far I haven't heard back. It is inconvenient to go to the dealer, so I'll try any suggestions before I go that route.

Edit: I just thought about this, when I bought this car the first 2 weeks the SiriusXM disconnected probably 5 times, and I had to pull the car into an open area and reconnect each time. Lexus said it was an issue with SiriusXM, when I called SiriusXM the first time they said they "fixed" it. It continued, called back and they said it was related to bad weather. I told them I was in Phoenix we hadn't had clouds or rain in 2 months. They did more checking, and said it must be an issue with the antenna on my car, and I needed to take it to the dealer. However, at this point the problem stopped and I haven't had that issue since. Coincidence?

Last edited by Sierralima; 04-06-24 at 07:41 AM. Reason: additional information
Old 04-07-24, 12:30 PM
AM123
Pit Crew

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Pin prompt disappeared after entering the right one

I recently encountered an issue with CarPlay after retrieving my car from valet parking. Upon connecting, the system prompted me to enter a PIN. After incorrectly entering the PIN the first time, I successfully entered the correct PIN on the second attempt. However, the PIN prompt disappeared unexpectedly. I'm sharing this experience in case it might be helpful to others.
Old 04-07-24, 12:52 PM
Sierralima
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update I spoke w/ tech at my dealer. They said yesterday 2 other people came in with the same problem. What they found was resetting the PIN in the car didn't work, but resetting it in the app on the phone did. She said she didn't know if it would come back or not, if it did bring it in.

Interesting too yesterday on my phone app I went to Account> Help and Feedback> Vehicle Support. It auto populated my VIN number (which was correct) but when I hit enter it said they had no record of this vehicle. I manually entered the VIN (triple checking), and it repeated there was no record of this vehicle.

I went through resetting PIN in app, then letting car do its thing before starting CarPlay. So far no return of PIN request, but will update if it comes back. I logged into my app this morning and went to Account>Help and Feedback>Vehicle Support and my car info (with the same VIN as the day before) was there.
Old 07-01-24, 10:54 AM
Kenasch
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Here is another update on my situation as I started this thread. It is almost two years since I have been dealing with this problem and I still have the issue of PIN popup requests while driving. Several months ago I submitted this to Lexus corporate customer support after the dealer was unable to correct the problem after several attempts. I said I was considering hiring a Lemon Law Attorney which seemed to get their attention. They had me do a series of actions, most of which I and the dealer had already tried. This included deleting my profile, changing my PIN on the app, deleting the app entirely and reinstalling it, etc. There recommendations seemed to include everything that others have posted here as suggestions. Customer support then said I need to bring the car into the dealer (again). The dealer held the car for 4 days but apparently just repeated the same actions that have been tried many times before. They were in contact with the factory in Canada for recommendations. I did not have the problem on the drive home but it reoccurred several days later. I reported this to the dealer but they have not responded. I also contacted corporate customer service with the update. They had closed my original case so I had to get them to open a new one. Again I mentioned the Lemon Law. They responded that they needed to speak to the dealer and the factory and would get back to me in a few days. BTW, contacting my customer service rep is a real hassle. They do not provide an extension, so you have to go through the operator first and provide your case file number. They then always put you on what they call a "brief" hold which actually lasts five minutes or more. The contact person handling my case is never available but is instructed to call me back. This never happens quickly and I usually have to wait a day or so for the call back. More details to follow but I continue to be amazed and frustrated that a annoying software problem, which I consider to be a safety hazard (it is distracting to have this happen while driving) cannot be solved.

Last edited by Kenasch; 07-01-24 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-02-24, 07:35 AM
TheCDN
Intermediate

Received 124 Likes on 90 Posts

I don’t mean in any way to belittle this frustrating situation you’re in but, my VIN has several zeros in it and I asked the sales manager for confirmation if they were in fact zeroes or the letter O and he explained that they never use letter O in VINs they are always a zero. Since dealer walked me through setting my profile up I don’t remember if it would error out right away if you put in a letter O or not. Just wonder if typos might have been accepted from the start and they don’t actually match your true VIN. Just a thought.
Old 07-02-24, 07:47 AM
Kenasch
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TheCDN
I don’t mean in any way to belittle this frustrating situation you’re in but, my VIN has several zeros in it and I asked the sales manager for confirmation if they were in fact zeroes or the letter O and he explained that they never use letter O in VINs they are always a zero. Since dealer walked me through setting my profile up I don’t remember if it would error out right away if you put in a letter O or not. Just wonder if typos might have been accepted from the start and they don’t actually match your true VIN. Just a thought.
Thanks for the thought but my VIN has been correct from the beginning and it is the same on every profile update. I don't think the PIN issue is related and I am sure it would not be possible to enter the wrong VIN.