NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

NX 2022 keeps asking for my PIN

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-22, 09:14 AM
Kenasch
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default NX 2022 keeps asking for my PIN

I have searched this forum but still cannot find a solution for this. While driving, my display keeps randomly asking for my PIN. I can cancel the request and still use Carplay but this is really annoying. It appears that this is happening whenever their is a weak cell phone signal. Is there a way to stop the PIN requests?
The following users liked this post:
Bobcon05 (02-28-23)
Old 12-24-22, 01:42 PM
IEXNS
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’ve had it happened to me a couple times. The car asks if I want to switch profile when I got in the car. I found out if I click on the check mark, the car always asks me for a pin. However, if I just click the X, nothing will happen. So sometimes I’d rather just go into the Bluetooth and device manual to make sure I have the connection rather than agree to switch to recognized profile, and l have not had the car asking me for pin since. Only my personal experience…not sure if this applies to everyone.
Bobcon05 (02-28-23)
Old 12-26-22, 05:33 PM
Doug007
Intermediate

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Kenasch
I have searched this forum but still cannot find a solution for this. While driving, my display keeps randomly asking for my PIN. I can cancel the request and still use Carplay but this is really annoying. It appears that this is happening whenever their is a weak cell phone signal. Is there a way to stop the PIN requests?
It happens to us on occasion. We live in a rural area and the cell service can be spotty. It doesn't happen all of the time but it's certainly an annoyance. From what I've read no fix currently exists. Some have reported that having your car locked before you get in and then waiting a moment before putting it into gear helps. I use this practice and typically connect my phone via a lightening cable which seems to minimize issues.
Old 12-27-22, 03:14 PM
Doug007
Intermediate

I was checking the Lexus app today and noticed that in the Security Settings you can change the frequency of time to require authentication. I changed it from every 15 minutes to every 12 hours. Anyone else try this and is there any harm in doing so?
Old 12-27-22, 03:30 PM
nx450plus
Pit Crew

Received 100 Likes on 63 Posts

The wording is "after 15 minutes" not "every"
Old 12-27-22, 03:42 PM
Doug007
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nx450plus
The wording is "after 15 minutes" not "every"
Thanks for that clarification, but it seems that when I'm having the "enter PIN" issue it occurs about every 15 minutes when I'm in spotty cell coverage. I'm hoping changing it to "after 12 hours" will mitigate this issue.
nx450plus (12-27-22)
Old 12-27-22, 05:01 PM
Kenasch
Driver

Originally Posted by Doug007
I was checking the Lexus app today and noticed that in the Security Settings you can change the frequency of time to require authentication. I changed it from every 15 minutes to every 12 hours. Anyone else try this and is there any harm in doing so?
I will give it a try. Let us know if it works for you.

Old 12-28-22, 07:42 PM
Kenasch
Driver

Originally Posted by Doug007
I tried this but there was no change. I am still getting multiple popups on the screen while driving requesting my Pin or to change it. If I hit the cancel button it returns to Carplay and allows me to continue to be connected. Very annoying.
Old 12-29-22, 05:28 AM
Bruce128
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I changed my profile settings on the car to be linked to the physical key and now I don't have those pin questions anymore.
Bobcon05 (02-28-23)
Old 12-29-22, 08:06 AM
Kenasch
Driver

Originally Posted by Bruce128
I changed my profile settings on the car to be linked to the physical key and now I don't have those pin questions anymore.
Are you still able to use Carplay?
Bobcon05 (02-28-23)
Old 12-29-22, 10:15 AM
Bruce128
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Are you still able to use Carplay?
I use android auto so I cannot specifically say about carplay but yes it has not asked me for a pin and it always recognizes my profile linked to the physical key, including both key fobs and the credit card key (I had to link each one separately on car settings to my profile, I am the only one using the car). I gave up on the digital key. My app wouldn't open (it kept crashing) and when I reset the app I lost the last digital key and did not bother to redo it. The app still works to see car info or remote start or locking , tire pressure etc just no digital key. I don't fully understand most of this but at least now it works like a normal car.
Old 12-29-22, 03:44 PM
Gen2NX
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This was a Key fob issue . To get your touch screen to accept the PIN number. You must first reinitialize your key fob or have tech-support at the dealer to do it for you .
Old 01-03-23, 09:27 AM
Kenasch
Driver

Originally Posted by Gen2NX
This was a Key fob issue . To get your touch screen to accept the PIN number. You must first reinitialize your key fob or have tech-support at the dealer to do it for you .
How do you reinitialize the key fob? I searched the manual and can't find how to do this. I am still getting the PIN request while driving and have tried many of the suggestions in this forum.
Old 01-04-23, 02:50 PM
Ryko
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I tried this but there was no change. I am still getting multiple popups on the screen while driving requesting my Pin or to change it. If I hit the cancel button it returns to Carplay and allows me to continue to be connected. Very annoying.
have you tried linking your key fob to the infotainment system?
Old 01-05-23, 07:33 PM
Doug007
Intermediate

As an update, since I changed the authentication to every 12 hours, along with a physical connection, I've had no issues with the PIN request dilemma.

Quick Reply: NX 2022 keeps asking for my PIN