NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Nx350 door handle button frozen

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-23, 08:43 PM
genadi
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Same thing have happened couple of times with mine 2022 NX450h. The last time this Saturday three out of four door handles were frozen. My wife was with a small kid, if this had happened somewhere on a parking lot with all door handles frozen…
When I went in for a service, I told service manager about this but, of course the weather was and door handle was fine. Service denied any issue. I spoke to one of the salesmen at the dealership, he owns 450h and he told me about door handles problem.
Today, I called Lexus Connect 1 (800) 265-3987 from Lexus app, reported the issue and received reference number. Everyone who had this problem should call Lexus Connect to register complaint. This shouldn’t happen especially when we pay premium for the brand. The more complaints they receive force them to act.

Last edited by genadi; 01-09-23 at 08:48 PM.
Old 01-09-23, 09:20 PM
dc88
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I am scheduled to have a service appointment at Lexus Downtown on Wednesday to address my concerns about my frozen door handles and my faulty fuel door. Unfortunately, based on the comments I have read here, I am not expecting a positive resolution to these issues. Will follow up.

Last edited by dc88; 01-09-23 at 09:24 PM.
The following users liked this post:
msmae128 (11-01-23)
Old 01-10-23, 03:25 AM
gwang267
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

My fuel door has stopped opening all together on my 450H+. I went to the dealer and they said the spring mechanism inside has broken.. Had nothing to do with snow or ice as it was no where near freezing here and just rain at that time. Parts are on order to be replaced tomorrow... might be a fault in the design?
Old 01-10-23, 03:28 AM
genadi
Driver

Originally Posted by dc88
I am scheduled to have a service appointment at Lexus Downtown on Wednesday to address my concerns about my frozen door handles and my faulty fuel door. Unfortunately, based on the comments I have read here, I am not expecting a positive resolution to these issues. Will follow up.
Call Lexus Connect 1 (800) 265-3987 to report the problem and to officially register your complaint. If enough people do this, lexus will be forced to deal with the problem as a design flaw.
The following users liked this post:
Sam835 (01-10-23)
Old 01-10-23, 07:44 AM
fieldrt
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I just called Lexus Connect 1 (800) 265-3987 this morning and spoke to a customer service representative about the issue I experience on the weekend. I do have an service appointment for Jan 18 but I am not sure if the issue will be present. This morning I tested the door handles and all are working fine (it is plus 2 today). Like someone else mentioned, I can hear water in the mechanism so that would explain why when it freezes, the door stops working.

Thanks for the information and I would recommend others call in and register their issues so there is a record of them.

Toby
Old 01-10-23, 08:42 AM
mbezzo
Pit Crew

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

Huh. Just checked our 450h+ and the gas lid won't pop open! We haven't filled it since August and obviously haven't opened the lid since. Weird! It has been frozen a few times (we park it outside). 10k service is due, guess we'll add that to the list...

We haven't noticed the door handle issue - but we just haven't used it that much WHILE it has been below freezing.
Old 01-10-23, 08:45 AM
Sam835
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by genadi
Same thing have happened couple of times with mine 2022 NX450h. The last time this Saturday three out of four door handles were frozen. My wife was with a small kid, if this had happened somewhere on a parking lot with all door handles frozen…
When I went in for a service, I told service manager about this but, of course the weather was and door handle was fine. Service denied any issue. I spoke to one of the salesmen at the dealership, he owns 450h and he told me about door handles problem.
Today, I called Lexus Connect 1 (800) 265-3987 from Lexus app, reported the issue and received reference number. Everyone who had this problem should call Lexus Connect to register complaint. This shouldn’t happen especially when we pay premium for the brand. The more complaints they receive force them to act.
What did the salesmen tell you about the door latch problem?
Old 01-10-23, 09:19 AM
genadi
Driver

Originally Posted by Sam835
What did the salesmen tell you about the door latch problem?
I was sharing my concerns with some features that do not work for me. Namely wireless charging as I am not even using it and driver’s side door handle didn’t work on couple of occasions.

I asked him for any problems he personally encountered with the car. He agreed with me on door handles being a problem but, wireless charging was working in his case with android and in most cases related to heat. If he had apps running in background on his phone this he described as a cause of overheating and therefore, wireless changing not working. Once he close running apps, wireless charging would be restored.

I tried closing all apps before wireless charging but, this didn’t do anything for my iPhone 14 Pro Max. There might be a problem with the case and protruding camera.
Old 01-10-23, 09:25 AM
Sam835
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by genadi
I was sharing my concerns with some features that do not work for me. Namely wireless charging as I am not even using it and driver’s side door handle didn’t work on couple of occasions.

I asked him for any problems he personally encountered with the car. He agreed with me on door handles being a problem but, wireless charging was working in his case with android and in most cases related to heat. If he had apps running in background on his phone this he described as a cause of overheating and therefore, wireless changing not working. Once he close running apps, wireless charging would be restored.

I tried closing all apps before wireless charging but, this didn’t do anything for my iPhone 14 Pro Max. There might be a problem with the case and protruding camera.
Probably it’s the case, I am using 14 pro, with a MagSafe case with rough material. It won’t slip as I drive so it’s charging all the time
Old 01-10-23, 09:56 AM
genadi
Driver

Originally Posted by Sam835
Probably it’s the case, I am using 14 pro, with a MagSafe case with rough material. It won’t slip as I drive so it’s charging all the time
No, it’s not the case. It happens even if my car is stationary. Charging starts for a minute or two then, stops…
Old 01-10-23, 10:22 AM
Sam835
Driver School Candidate

Guys I have good news, I went to another dealer today, they inspected and confirm it's failed product issue, opened my case, and reported it to TAS (Toyota something I forgot the full name they explained to me)
They said water vapor went into the parts so it freezes
The following 2 users liked this post by Sam835:
LexusTor (01-10-23), redhot47fl (01-10-23)
Old 01-10-23, 01:01 PM
LexusTor
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You are referring to the frozen door handle issue???
Old 01-10-23, 01:04 PM
LexusTor
Rookie

So went to dealer yesterday and they have had my NX since and will be keeping for the week, the service rep does have a call into Lexus Canada engineer to see what he hears back, hopefully there is a response.
Old 01-10-23, 01:05 PM
LexusTor
Rookie

Which dealer did you go to?
Old 01-10-23, 01:07 PM
Sam835
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexusTor
Which dealer did you go to?
the Ajax one, Lexus of Lakeridge