NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Nx350 door handle button frozen

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-23 | 08:47 PM
dc88
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I wanted to give an update on my previous (#57) post. Today, I had the faulty handle assembly and fuel door replaced under warrranty. They mentioned that they have been encountering numerous cases of frozen handles. The new handle feels the same, so far so good but it has only been a day. One thing to note is that for the handle the service paperwork states that "it may not correct the concern at this time." I will keep you all posted in case the issue arises again. Has anyone else had their handle replaced, or are you still waiting for an official solution from Lexus?
The following users liked this post:
blueless (02-01-23)
Old 02-01-23 | 05:43 AM
Sam835
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dc88
I wanted to give an update on my previous (#57) post. Today, I had the faulty handle assembly and fuel door replaced under warrranty. They mentioned that they have been encountering numerous cases of frozen handles. The new handle feels the same, so far so good but it has only been a day. One thing to note is that for the handle the service paperwork states that "it may not correct the concern at this time." I will keep you all posted in case the issue arises again. Has anyone else had their handle replaced, or are you still waiting for an official solution from Lexus?
still waiting for a response from Lexus, may I know which dealer you went?
Old 02-01-23 | 08:52 AM
bt10
Pit Crew

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

I just got called to pick up mine from the service dept. They said they defrosted it. I asked what am I supposed to do tomorrow. Crickets. Well, at least my VIN is in the computer....
Old 02-01-23 | 09:34 AM
dc88
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sam835
still waiting for a response from Lexus, may I know which dealer you went?

Hi @Sam835, my Lexus dealer is "Lexus Downtown" (in Toronto). When I initially had this issue looked at, I told the service advisor " as a first-time Lexus owner coming from a Germany Luxury brand, I am not impressed”. After a moment of silence, he offered to replace the parts.

Old 02-01-23 | 12:05 PM
bt10
Pit Crew

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Service said to put a hand warmer in a glove to defrost, and that Lexus is working on a fix. It didn't sound that convincing, but if the door handle gets loosened up from yanking and needs replacement, at least there's a record.
Old 02-03-23 | 05:11 AM
LexusTor
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have tried the hand pocket warmer idea and it dose work but it is not a solution, I agree the handles on all doors need to be replaced, but when a permanent solution is found, before next winter.
Reached out to Lexus in Ajax yesterday , no update yet from Lexus Canada.
Old 02-03-23 | 05:13 AM
LexusTor
Rookie

How has your new door handle been???
Old 02-03-23 | 06:59 PM
dc88
Rookie

Originally Posted by LexusTor
How has your new door handle been???

Hi @LexusTor, the new door handle is great. It's been cold (-19C) at night and the door opens perfectly in the mornings. The little rubber pad in the handle is soft to the touch, like how it should be. Fingers crossed this will last the winter.
Here's the service paperwork for reference.

The following users liked this post:
jsoutherly (02-07-23)
Old 02-07-23 | 09:09 AM
jsoutherly
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you

Originally Posted by dc88
Hi @LexusTor, the new door handle is great. It's been cold (-19C) at night and the door opens perfectly in the mornings. The little rubber pad in the handle is soft to the touch, like how it should be. Fingers crossed this will last the winter.
Here's the service paperwork for reference.

this is great news i have a service appt scheduled for this week. all my pads have a different feeling. they SUCK and passenger side was frozen for 2 weeks. Drivers side sticks.
Old 02-07-23 | 09:09 AM
jsoutherly
2nd gear

fingers crossed, mine are all JACKED
Old 02-14-23 | 01:03 PM
ColinLo
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam835
For the past few days, the place I lived dropped to below 0 degrees, and I parked the car outside. So this morning when I tried to open the driver's door, it appeared that the rubber button on the door handle is 'frozen', I can't press it and open my door, I checked the other doors, they all working fine, just the driver's side and I have to open it from inside by entering the passenger seat...(there's no ice around the door so the door itself is not frozen)

Has anyone experienced this issue before? is this something the dealer will fix/ replace?
I am from Vancouver, BC. Just got my driver side handle replaced under warranty one month ago. No issues since then but now all rear door handles are having issues when temperature is around 0 degree.... I will have to contact my dealership again or just wait until next winter to have them replaced.
Old 02-14-23 | 01:24 PM
LexusTor
Rookie

Hey Vancouver, I have yet had any door handles replaced but since reading some posts I think I will be doing some inquires.
As for your situation I certainly would be definitely going back to your dealer about the other door issue you have been experiencing.
Old 11-01-23 | 03:05 PM
msmae128
1st Gear

Default Happens frequently!

Originally Posted by LexusTor
You are referring to the frozen door handle issue???
I purchased mine last December and this happened in the winter months (Jan- March) and now it is starting to happen again and the weather is in the mid- 30’s

its very frustrating and shouldn’t be happening with a luxury vehicle IMO. Yes, I consider my NX350 luxury (not as luxurious as my RX350 was) since my car note is over $900 per month. They should fix this issue or provide “handle mittens” as part of the purchase.
Old 12-19-23 | 06:41 AM
Droynick
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

My 2023 RX350h is experiencing the same problem of the driver’s door not opening when the temperature goes below zero. I park in a garage so it is not an issue of ice freezing the door shut. I have to go in the passenger door and open the driver’s door from the inside. I spoke to the dealer today and was told that they have over 100 similar complaints on the 2023 RX and have let Lexus know of the issue. The dealer suggested rubbing the rubber portion of the handle for 15 seconds or more to “unfreeze it”. That and using two hands to depress the rubber switch worked when I left the dealer’s lot. NOT IMPRESSED!
Old 12-19-23 | 07:56 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

I haven’t been following this thread because well this would never happen in Florida. We never get zero temps.

I still don’t get why Lexus felt the need to totally abandon the traditional door handles. It seems safety prevailed over form and function. Did Lexus get that many complaints that bike riders were crashing into their front doors when opening? To be honest I never hear of that happening.

I guess it’s a nice feature and less stress on your hands of pulling vs pushing a button but look at the issues it’s now creating. 104 comments from 2022 and it’s still going on?

Quick Reply: Nx350 door handle button frozen