NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Nx350 door handle button frozen

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-22, 05:45 PM
Sam835
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Nx350 door handle button frozen

For the past few days, the place I lived dropped to below 0 degrees, and I parked the car outside. So this morning when I tried to open the driver's door, it appeared that the rubber button on the door handle is 'frozen', I can't press it and open my door, I checked the other doors, they all working fine, just the driver's side and I have to open it from inside by entering the passenger seat...(there's no ice around the door so the door itself is not frozen)

Has anyone experienced this issue before? is this something the dealer will fix/ replace?

Last edited by Sam835; 12-28-22 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-07-23, 07:30 AM
Stephen89
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sam835
For the past few days, the place I lived dropped to below 0 degrees, and I parked the car outside. So this morning when I tried to open the driver's door, it appeared that the rubber button on the door handle is 'frozen', I can't press it and open my door, I checked the other doors, they all working fine, just the driver's side and I have to open it from inside by entering the passenger seat...(there's no ice around the door so the door itself is not frozen)

Has anyone experienced this issue before? is this something the dealer will fix/ replace?
Yes, My driver door can't open from outside too. after a few day when the temperature back to 5 degree, it is automatically fixed.
The following users liked this post:
msmae128 (11-01-23)
Old 01-07-23, 08:27 AM
lsft
Racer

Received 589 Likes on 394 Posts

You definitely should reach out to the dealer and see if anything they can do to fix it or this is a common issue. I park inside my garage so it doesn't freeze that fast, but when I park outside when it snows, and even at -12C, I have not seen this issue with mine.
Old 01-07-23, 03:37 PM
Sam835
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lsft
You definitely should reach out to the dealer and see if anything they can do to fix it or this is a common issue. I park inside my garage so it doesn't freeze that fast, but when I park outside when it snows, and even at -12C, I have not seen this issue with mine.
Originally Posted by Stephen89
Yes, My driver door can't open from outside too. after a few day when the temperature back to 5 degree, it is automatically fixed.
I brought the car to my dealer a few days ago... they said everything is normal. and that day was warm I can't show them the problem. I guess I have to take a video or something next time, seems like they just want to deny the problem
The following 2 users liked this post by Sam835:
Doug007 (02-01-23), RaiderHawk (04-17-23)
Old 01-07-23, 04:10 PM
LexusTor
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have experienced the same issue today. I went through the car wash this morning, and tonight I could not open 3 out of 4 doors until. My hand thawed the sensor/button.
Dealer stated should not have happened as handle is sealed. I really do not want to spray anything on the handles
Old 01-07-23, 04:31 PM
Sam835
Driver School Candidate

they could be wrong... seem like water is inside. You can try a warm water bag
it happened to me tonight as well.. temperature dropped below 0 quickly this afternoon, was shopping outside when I came back the button is frozen again
Old 01-07-23, 04:31 PM
Sam835
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexusTor
I have experienced the same issue today. I went through the car wash this morning, and tonight I could not open 3 out of 4 doors until. My hand thawed the sensor/button.
Dealer stated should not have happened as handle is sealed. I really do not want to spray anything on the handles
they could be wrong... seem like water is inside. You can try a warm water bag
it happened to me tonight as well.. temperature dropped below 0 quickly this afternoon, was shopping outside when I came back the button is frozen again
Old 01-07-23, 04:54 PM
Xdivanxd
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Frozen door

I am glad im not the only one. Mine also froze and i poured some warm water on it then seem to function fine
Old 01-07-23, 04:54 PM
LexusTor
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Curious, does anyone from Lexus Canada or Lexus USA read these posts. Obviously this is not an isolated issue if we live where temps drop below freezing and park outside.
Old 01-07-23, 05:03 PM
Sam835
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Xdivanxd
I am glad im not the only one. Mine also froze and i poured some warm water on it then seem to function fine
Originally Posted by LexusTor
Curious, does anyone from Lexus Canada or Lexus USA read these posts. Obviously this is not an isolated issue if we live where temps drop below freezing and park outside.
I'm gonna contact my dealer one more time with a video... last time I went there without proof and it was warm, they couldn't find any issue. Hopefully this time they acknowledge it.
The following users liked this post:
msmae128 (11-01-23)
Old 01-07-23, 05:17 PM
nx450plus
Pit Crew

Received 99 Likes on 62 Posts

I park every day outside. Over dozen days of -30C in 2022 and no issue even after car wash. Not sure what issue may be
Old 01-07-23, 07:04 PM
Xdivanxd
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm gonna contact my dealer one more time with a video... last time I went there without proof and it was warm, they couldn't find any issue. Hopefully this time they acknowledge it.

i think i figured out the issue. Once i melted the door handle, it made this suction sound like it has water in it (probs fr the water I poured in) and there seems to be a little latch looking thing just right under the touch lock area where you can pull. When i pull the tab i heard ice shatter. I wonder if that is the “drain” for the water inside
Old 01-07-23, 07:25 PM
Sam835
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Xdivanxd
i think i figured out the issue. Once i melted the door handle, it made this suction sound like it has water in it (probs fr the water I poured in) and there seems to be a little latch looking thing just right under the touch lock area where you can pull. When i pull the tab i heard ice shatter. I wonder if that is the “drain” for the water inside
yea I just tried with a bag of warm water, I can also hear the suction sound after the button is softened, but for the latch under the touch lock area, I think that's the mechanical door latch in case the battery runs out
Old 01-08-23, 05:19 AM
lsft
Racer

Received 589 Likes on 394 Posts

Are you all having issues all have NXs made in Canada? I'm not saying Canada made NXs are bad, buy trying to isolate if it's a supplier issue with the Canadian made or Japan made NXs have the same issue.

Mine is Japan made and I haven't seen this issue as if yet.
Old 01-08-23, 07:08 AM
Sam835
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lsft
Are you all having issues all have NXs made in Canada? I'm not saying Canada made NXs are bad, buy trying to isolate if it's a supplier issue with the Canadian made or Japan made NXs have the same issue.

Mine is Japan made and I haven't seen this issue as if yet.
Mine is Canada made

Quick Reply: Nx350 door handle button frozen