NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Rattling noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-23, 12:01 PM
Kurapat
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rattling noise

Has anyone had any issues with rattling noises from the under carriage? I started noticing a rattling/spring noise when closing the passenger door in my quiet garage after my 1600km service appointment a few days ago.

Is this a heat shield issue? How can I resolve it?

here’s a video of me tapping it lightly with a paper towel roll for reference: https://imgur.com/a/RH3vR6k

thanks
Old 01-09-23, 12:54 PM
zanewyn
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

I don't have rattling problems from the under carriage, but I did have a problem coming from the trunk. Took it in for service and they found a screw that wasn't tightened fully so the metal gasket was rattling. I also have a rattling issue inside the driver door, not very pleased with QC so far
Old 01-09-23, 02:05 PM
Datanator
Driver

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

From what I can see with that noise in that heat shield, this is going to be an easy fix. I would not worry too much about it. Seriously, though this really should be a super easy fix.
Old 01-10-23, 12:26 PM
Doug007
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts

Our first gen NX was a rattle box and I followed the forum to make it quieter. I've noticed an occasional noise in our 2022 NX350h in or around the drivers door, but otherwise is very quiet.
Old 01-11-23, 06:24 AM
jlim0930
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I hear a lot of rattling noise from the drivers side seat belt where its attached to the base of the car.. the plastic piece is super loud and shakes alot.. looked like it is secured but designed to move ...
any hints on how to make it quieter would be appriciated
The following 4 users liked this post by jlim0930:
lalexusgs (07-19-23), makbn (07-16-23), riceman4k (01-16-23), TXOK2017 (01-13-23)
Old 01-13-23, 04:27 PM
TXOK2017
3rd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am also having a lot of noise coming from the seatbelt area you described! It’s right at the same level as my ear so it’s beyond annoying! Would appreciate anyone’s recommendations on fixes… my NX350 was one of the first few hundred that came out of the Canada factory. Also had the noise coming from the cargo area!
The following 2 users liked this post by TXOK2017:
jmaclennan (07-23-23), riceman4k (01-16-23)
Old 01-13-23, 04:38 PM
Kurapat
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Got it fixed at the dealership today. Issue was that the heat shield was rattling against another heatshield. Fix was to stick foam between the two to prevent contact with each other.
The following users liked this post:
Doug007 (07-23-23)
Old 01-13-23, 06:05 PM
watmind
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Was having a similar issue when closing either the right front or right rear door when the car was cold, rattle from underneath at the back. But if the car is warm no rattle. Took it to the dealer today for my first month personalization service and of course there was no rattle lol could not reproduce it, silent!
Old 01-16-23, 06:21 PM
riceman4k
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I also have an annoying rattling sound coming from the driver's side seatbelt area whenever I'm going over bumps. It's especially bad because it's right next to my ear.

It also seems like the car flexes quite a bit over large undulations that causes creaking sounds in the body.

There's also a creaking sound coming from the rearview mirror/front camera/rain sensor area that's quite loud during hotter weather. In the winter the sound goes away.

Lastly there's a slight creaking/cracking sound coming from the rear hatch door whenever it's closing. Not sounds I expected from a Lexus product.
Old 07-16-23, 08:15 AM
SoCalSlim
7th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Our new 2024 Lexus NX350h developed an annoying intermittent rattle two days after recently bringing it home. It sounded like something metallic was loose under the rear seat or floorboard, but nothing was found.

My lovely better half slipped under the NX and quickly identified one of the heat shields rattled because it was missing the nut & bolt where it attaches to another heat shield. I easily repaired it using a bolt, two washers, a locking washer, and a nut.

makbn (07-16-23)
Old 07-16-23, 09:45 AM
zanewyn
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

I am quite disappointed with Lexus build quality. I had a rattling noise coming from the trunk, they investigated and found a bolt with washer that was not fully tightened. Now I have a noise coming from the front driver side vent. Two trips to the dealer and hours wasted trying to get it resolved.
SdeGat (07-17-23)
Old 07-19-23, 08:23 AM
lalexusgs
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jlim0930
I hear a lot of rattling noise from the drivers side seat belt where its attached to the base of the car.. the plastic piece is super loud and shakes alot.. looked like it is secured but designed to move ...
any hints on how to make it quieter would be appriciated
I have exactly the same problem/noise from the driver's seatbelt cover cap. Passenger side seat belt seems to be tied better and doesn't rattle
Doug007 (07-23-23)
Old 07-19-23, 03:47 PM
Nightlight
Driver

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Mine is the rear driver's passenger door whenever I close it. A slight rattle as if some part is still vibrating internally. Noticed it from very early in ownership. Some lucky service department is going to have fun with warranty work very soon.
Old 07-21-23, 09:14 AM
Droid13
Racer

Received 561 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightlight
Mine is the rear driver's passenger door whenever I close it. A slight rattle as if some part is still vibrating internally. Noticed it from very early in ownership. Some lucky service department is going to have fun with warranty work very soon.
Yea, they definitely don't have a solid feeling when closing. I also had the door panel emit a buzzy door rattle. I ended up inserting a piece of furniture felt under the edge of the panel. That took away all the driving noise until I get it back to dealer for a more permanent fix. Didn't change anything about the sound of the door closing though.

Old 07-23-23, 01:37 PM
Doug007
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Droid13
Yea, they definitely don't have a solid feeling when closing. I also had the door panel emit a buzzy door rattle. I ended up inserting a piece of furniture felt under the edge of the panel. That took away all the driving noise until I get it back to dealer for a more permanent fix. Didn't change anything about the sound of the door closing though.

I'm not sure if it's because of reducing weight for the hybrid but I've also noticed that the doors closing doesn't feel solid like other mid level luxury cars I've owned (Acura and first gen Lexus NX).

Quick Reply: Rattling noise