NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Another Newbie, Sorry-Pricing Inquiry

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-23, 04:40 PM
littleneil
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Another Newbie, Sorry-Pricing Inquiry

So I married into a Lexus300ES several years ago. And now still happily married, a 2023 NX350h is at the top of her wish list. We live in Tampa Florida. Unsold NX350h's are non existent. When they are available should I expect to pay at least MSRP, should I expect to pay extra for paint protection, dent protection and several other high profit extras, should I expect to be told no, you can't order a car? Lastly, Lexus currently has a military rebate offer going on until the end of the month. Pretty sure you have to finance your purchase to get the rebate. Is that actually true? Thanks in advance...
Old 01-12-23, 09:51 PM
LilyTiger
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts

Welcome to the club! I’m in Texas so can’t speak for Florida, but I’ll share my experiences here for what it’s worth.

Any NX here is on short supply, and especially so as you go up in trim levels and add in the hybrid engine. They’re usually sold before it comes to the dealer, or at most on the lot for a few hours. There’s no custom orders from the factory, so the only way to get it is by telling the dealer what color, trim, and packages you want and putting in a deposit for it. It’s working by an allocation system right now—meaning the factory is making whatever they feel like making and allocating those cars out to dealers based on what they think is most likely to sell in that particular area. So if you’re not particular about color or packages, you should be able to get an NX 350 hybrid without a terrible amount of waiting.

I’m not military but the college rebate has the same fine print concerning when it’s valid. And for college rebate it’s available if you purchase or lease a new car, as long as the purchase or lease is done through Lexus Financial Services.

Hope this helps and thank you for your service!
The following users liked this post:
isaacsow (01-14-23)
Old 01-13-23, 02:53 AM
GW350H
Rookie

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Also new here, but have been lurking on the forums, so welcome! We just took delivery of a 2023 NX350h this past Friday and went through this latest process of car buying. We specifically wanted the 23 model year and so patiently waited. It will depend on the dealer but paying at least MSRP is to be expected, and we had that expectation putting down a deposit four months ago. So far with the demand/limited inventory for hybrids it seems you will most likely be placed on an allocation list (with your preferences working with the dealer). The extra stuff that you listed will depend on the dealer. On your dealer site you can probably get a good sense of what extra options that will add to some cars if you looks through the details, but I cannot imagine them denying you of putting down a deposit. If they care about customer service they will work with you every step of the way, and we were very fortunate to have worked with an awesome sales associate & team who got what we exactly wanted. Seems to be timing is everything as well, as ambiguous as that may be.

We also qualified for the military $1000 discount and sent our sales associate all the verification and whatnot weeks before delivery. You are correct though, you have to finance and/or lease in order to also receive that $1k military discount. That's what our dealer said and you'll get it through the Lexus Financial Services. We didn't know about this before hand so did all the legwork (should have really read the fine print as " Limit one rebate per finance or lease transaction per eligible U.S. military personnel or eligible household member.") but in the end didn't take advantage of it since it didn't work out for us in the overall cost of things.

Good luck! The NX350H is an amazing vehicle, and well worth the wait!
Freds430 (01-13-23)
Old 01-13-23, 04:12 AM
jer
Instructor

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

I believe Lexus of Tampa & Clearwater (both Autonation companies) are selling at MSRP. Try casting a wider net- Wesley Chapel, Sarasota-Wilde Lexus, and also Orlando. It seems they are finally getting some NX350h's in that at least on line are not stating already sold.
Old 01-13-23, 04:27 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,114 Likes on 722 Posts

Originally Posted by GW350H

Good luck! The NX350H is an amazing vehicle, and well worth the wait!
Agree 100%. Received ours 12/14/22. The exterior and interior is stunning. The drive is quiet and solid. The 14 inch screen and infotainment system is incredible. In the winter and not even broke in and averaging 40mpg.
GW350H (01-13-23)
Old 01-13-23, 05:08 AM
GW350H
Rookie

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Freds430
Agree 100%. Received ours 12/14/22. The exterior and interior is stunning. The drive is quiet and solid. The 14 inch screen and infotainment system is incredible. In the winter and not even broke in and averaging 40mpg.
Congrats on your new NX! It really is! Never considered Lexus due to previous technology, but starting with the revamp of everything with the NX they really did a GREAT job with everything so far. Hope to have a full review thread soon after we get ours tinted this coming Monday! Infotainment is incredible and multiple users have been working well as well for customizations. We drive ours once a week, but sure am making excuses to take it out more
HeavenSold (01-17-23)
Old 01-13-23, 05:42 AM
NavySubs
10th Gear

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi, I am in the central Florida area also and will tell you my experience and what I have learned since we bought in April, although not the NX350h, we got the NX450h+. I will say we went to Lexus Orlando and Lexus Melbourne and like Lexus Melbourne but they would not sell any of these at MSRP. We were having good discussions with Lexus Orlando until the decided not to care what we wanted and only wanted us to buy the car they had which was not even the NX we were talking about. Then they lied and we left. They also wanted 10K over MSRP for the 450 at that time. We ended up call Lexus West Kendall and asking them about the 450 I saw online and they did not even know they had it but when I told them I was the lucky one to be able to buy. We did pay a little over MSRP but just a little compared to others at the time and got in when there was still a tax credit so an extra bonus. I have also heard the]at JM Lexus sells at MSRP without a lot of other add ons and they seem to get a lot of cars in, so maybe call them. I know Wesley Chapel had a lot of NX cars during my last service but did not see any Hybrids. I think they sell at MSRP for the most part. Hope that helps.
GW350H (01-13-23)
Old 01-13-23, 06:16 AM
redhot47fl
Intermediate

Received 262 Likes on 129 Posts

As of the middle of last year, Lexus of Jacksonville was selling at MSRP without "adjusted value" or dealer packs - even for vehicles allocated but not yet in stock. Ask for sales rep Don Hakker. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Old 01-13-23, 09:44 AM
Kenasch
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by littleneil
Lastly, Lexus currently has a military rebate offer going on until the end of the month. Pretty sure you have to finance your purchase to get the rebate. Is that actually true? Thanks in advance...
You do have to finance (or lease) to get the rebate. Also it has been renewing for a long time so probably will be good after the end of the month. There is no prepayment penalty so we just paid off the loan immediately. The interest we paid was just a few dollars. Also you don't need to finance the entire purchase price.

Old 01-13-23, 09:52 AM
littleneil
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks, I'm wondering if there is a minimum amount I must finance to obtain the rebate?
Old 01-13-23, 10:06 AM
Kenasch
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

We financed $15,000. The minimum may be even less than that. The finance advisor at the dealer was very cooperative and even told us that we could finance for less than the full purchase price and still get the military rebate. Edited to add:
The deal is for military who have separated from service within 2 years. However, if you are retired military, there is no time limit. The wording to me is clear, but at first the dealer told me that I could not do it since I retired more than two years ago. I had to escalate this a bit until they agreed with me.

Last edited by Kenasch; 01-13-23 at 05:29 PM.
Old 01-13-23, 06:07 PM
DenverRx
Intermediate

Received 104 Likes on 60 Posts

Although I scored my NXh by emailing a local dealer with my wish list, I was super lucky. Put a deposit down; at several dealers who have a history of selling at MRSP. I can't imagine an NX hybrid showing up at a dealership unsold, unless it's at a price-gouging dealer
Old 01-13-23, 08:43 PM
Bimmer32
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I love getting a deal for a car and my quick story is here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...delivered.html
I live in Texas but bought the car from Lexus of North Miami. They had 4K OFF msrp for a new 2022 NX at the beginning of December 2022.

Last checked, they had a couple of 23' NX350h. Personally, I would never pay MSRP for any car unless I won a $10 million lottery. I usually wait, or go with something of a second choice. This concept of paying msrp for new cars is fairly recent, and some surveys show that more and more people are willing to pay msrp for custom order. Maybe life is too short or something in the pandemic changed people's mind. but count me out.
Old 01-15-23, 07:08 AM
Flvike
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I live in the Tampa area and contacted 12 lexus dealers in the state. I spoke with a sales guy at each and told them of my NX350h preferences. I got several calls from the various dealers and negotiated with three of them. Palm beach. Clearwater and Tampa. I had set up with several car buying sites to send me alerts when any NX350h's were posted and got one from Lexus Orlando. They wanted a 7K market adjustment over MSRP. I told them I would be willing to pay MSRP and TTT only and would be able to buy today. The manager gave the ok and now I have my NX!.......Eminent White Pearl with the Palomino interior.
redhot47fl (01-15-23)
Old 01-15-23, 07:12 AM
redhot47fl
Intermediate

Received 262 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Flvike
I live in the Tampa area and contacted 12 lexus dealers in the state. I spoke with a sales guy at each and told them of my NX350h preferences. I got several calls from the various dealers and negotiated with three of them. Palm beach. Clearwater and Tampa. I had set up with several car buying sites to send me alerts when any NX350h's were posted and got one from Lexus Orlando. They wanted a 7K market adjustment over MSRP. I told them I would be willing to pay MSRP and TTT only and would be able to buy today. The manager gave the ok and now I have my NX!.......Eminent White Pearl with the Palomino interior.
Given current market realities, that was perfectly executed. Congrats!

Quick Reply: Another Newbie, Sorry-Pricing Inquiry