NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Scored one today!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-23, 03:54 PM
JasDmw
Advanced

Received 232 Likes on 160 Posts
Default Scored one today!

Just today we sealed the deal on a 350H, atomic silver, palomino interior and the Executive package! WOOOHOOO. Was preparing to wait up to 10 months when I happened to call Erin Park Lexus and they had one coming on in early February with no reservation. Snagged it today. Could be here for Wife's birthday, Feb 3.

This is to replace a 2020 RX350 FSport stolen December 21st from the Park N Fly lot on Dixon Rd, near Toronto airport. Still haven't finalized the insurance thing yet, but that is imminent.

I'd recommend that dealership; very nice folks. Unfortunately, over an hour from home and through brutal traffic, so I may not be able to get it serviced there.
The following 9 users liked this post by JasDmw:
compdr59 (01-19-23), Doug007 (01-19-23), Edison_Chen (01-20-23), Freds430 (02-09-23), GW350H (01-20-23), lsft (01-20-23), romer (01-19-23), Skell6009 (01-19-23), zanewyn (01-19-23) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-19-23, 04:17 PM
lexsc4
Instructor

Received 192 Likes on 155 Posts

Congrats on the new NXH.
Sucks, I park my 2017 Lexus ES350 unlock and nobody will steal it. I want an LC500h badly and wifey said too expensive.
Old 01-19-23, 05:42 PM
DenverRx
Intermediate

Received 104 Likes on 60 Posts

Hope the police don't locate your 20' RX! Congrats!!
Old 01-19-23, 08:18 PM
Dino2K
Rookie

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Congrats on your new NX and I think Hybrid are rare to steal as I haven’t seen or heard any stolen as of yet. My mom 2021 RXL 350 was stolen less than a year ago and she replaced it with the exact same one. My brother Range Rover Sport just got stolen a few weeks ago at the same house, stolen cars have gotten out of control!!! Sorry for the rant as I feel your pain with stolen car
Old 01-20-23, 07:20 AM
anniedrea
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

If you all don’t mind disclosing, how were these vehicles stolen? Just curious. I thought most cars (at least at the luxury segment) were pretty much incapable of being stolen.
Old 01-20-23, 07:30 AM
Dino2K
Rookie

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by anniedrea
If you all don’t mind disclosing, how were these vehicles stolen? Just curious. I thought most cars (at least at the luxury segment) were pretty much incapable of being stolen.
Most vehicles are stolen via signal as they uses a device to steal the signal from your key fob that are in your house. You'll be surprise as there are a lot of high end vehicles are stolen due to this simple concept of stealing the key fob signal, I gave my mom and brother those Farraday pouches (Signal Blocker) to put their key fobs in to prevent this type of situation but they made one big mistake and that is leaving the other key fob outside.
Old 01-20-23, 08:34 AM
anniedrea
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Dino2K
Most vehicles are stolen via signal as they uses a device to steal the signal from your key fob that are in your house. You'll be surprise as there are a lot of high end vehicles are stolen due to this simple concept of stealing the key fob signal, I gave my mom and brother those Farraday pouches (Signal Blocker) to put their key fobs in to prevent this type of situation but they made one big mistake and that is leaving the other key fob outside.
Oh wow. Sorry that happened. I’ve heard about the signal thing. I have a garage in my home, but the signal being stolen is a pretty feasible concern when my car is parked outside, particularly when I’m in close proximity to my vehicle (i.e. inside someone else’s home). Thanks for the response. Glad you were able to get a replacement!
Old 01-20-23, 09:34 AM
GW350H
Rookie

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JasDmw
Just today we sealed the deal on a 350H, atomic silver, palomino interior and the Executive package! WOOOHOOO. Was preparing to wait up to 10 months when I happened to call Erin Park Lexus and they had one coming on in early February with no reservation. Snagged it today. Could be here for Wife's birthday, Feb 3...
Congrats! You're gonna love it, especially with the Palomino, as that's the one we have too. First hybrid for us, and never test drove either. Luckily everything has really exceeded our expectations. After ours was built in Ontario, we had to wait like 2.5 weeks to finally take delivery here in the US, but we watched a bunch of Youtube videos to help pass the time by without being compulsive about it haha (The tutorials created by Northside Lexus are really comprehensive and excellent) to become somewhat familiar with all the toys and features prior. Oh grab the manuals posted here for the 2023 model that I think TipsyTonio posted, forgot, but they are helpful too.

Last edited by GW350H; 01-20-23 at 09:38 AM.
Old 02-09-23, 01:12 PM
JasDmw
Advanced

So just heard today that ours is built and sitting at the factory awaiting shipment to the dealership. We should have it next week, hopefully earlier than later. I'm paying for the rental now as I've exceeded the insurance coverage, but Enterprise is being nice and charging me the same rate, which is about 1/2 the retail rate.

Winter tires and 20" rims waiting at the dealership, will be mounted when we drive it away. Little late in the season, but will use them until late March or early April weather depending.

Have a line on paint protection film from a local installer.

Have received the "club" like device, this one with a combination lock. Also have the screen protector. The puddle lights are enroute.

Also inquired today about the Autowatch Ghost II security system/immobilizer. Likely will bite the bullet, pricey but worth it. The hassle we've had over the past 6 or 7 weeks is brutal! Don't want to go through this again.
Old 02-09-23, 07:44 PM
Droid13
Racer

Received 544 Likes on 381 Posts

Also inquired today about the Autowatch Ghost II security system/immobilizer. Likely will bite the bullet, pricey but worth it.
How much is it?
Old 02-09-23, 10:09 PM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,114 Likes on 722 Posts

Just today we sealed the deal on a 350H, atomic silver, palomino interior and the Executive package! WOOOHOOO. Was preparing to wait up to 10 months when I happened to call Erin Park Lexus and they had one coming on in early February with no reservation. Snagged it today. Could be here for Wife's birthday, Feb 3.

This is to replace a 2020 RX350 FSport stolen December 21st from the Park N Fly lot on Dixon Rd, near Toronto airport. Still haven't finalized the insurance thing yet, but that is imminent.

I'd recommend that dealership; very nice folks. Unfortunately, over an hour from home and through brutal traffic, so I may not be able to get it serviced there.
Congrats. Wife got a 23 NX 350h two months ago. It is white pearl with polomino and beautiful. Oh not my wife the NX. Lol no both are. Friend just bought one week ago your exact color combo. She brought it over Monday and we used Adams graphene ceramic spray which also did my wife's. Crazy shine. IMO these are the two best looking vehicles on the road. Both are absolutely enjoying them immensely. Both are getting around 40 mpg and this is cold weather and engines not broken in. J D Power again has ranked the NX as the most dependable compact premium SUV.

Last edited by Freds430; 02-09-23 at 10:27 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Dkaplan (02-10-23)
Old 02-09-23, 10:14 PM
Freds430
Pole Position

Post some pics.

Last edited by Freds430; 02-10-23 at 03:53 AM.
Old 02-09-23, 10:16 PM
Freds430
Pole Position

Also installed these puddle lights on both $47.

https://www.addcarlights.com/product...hts-car-ghost/

Last edited by Freds430; 02-10-23 at 03:58 AM.
The following users liked this post:
LexNYC83 (02-18-23)
Old 02-10-23, 05:30 AM
JasDmw
Advanced

Originally Posted by Droid13
How much is it?
$1250.00 installed.
Old 02-10-23, 05:33 AM
JasDmw
Advanced

Originally Posted by Freds430
Also installed these puddle lights on both $47.

https://www.addcarlights.com/product...hts-car-ghost/
I have those coming as well.

Quick Reply: Scored one today!