Wheel arch moulding replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-23, 07:18 AM
Valbon8
10th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nicelynice623
Hi All

I've also changed my wheel arch to the color matched verison, however I have noticed on one side of the passgener door, the wheel arch is not completely flushed with the back body panel.
I've attached pics, it is a bit hard to see but the marked part is protruded slightly when comparing with the body panel part, and it is a bit obvious in certain angles.
The parts all seem to be fitted securely.
I was told this is normal, but wondering if anybody also experience the same? thanks!

Were these on an Eminent White Pearl? If you, can you post full width finished pictures? I am on the fence about doing this?

Thanks!
Old 07-12-23, 11:24 AM
Skell6009
Driver

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi All

I've also changed my wheel arch to the color matched verison, however I have noticed on one side of the passgener door, the wheel arch is not completely flushed with the back body panel.
I've attached pics, it is a bit hard to see but the marked part is protruded slightly when comparing with the body panel part, and it is a bit obvious in certain angles.
The parts all seem to be fitted securely.
I was told this is normal, but wondering if anybody also experience the same? thanks!

Yes, mine also sticks out ever so slightly.

This is Atomic Silver but here is a side profile pic.
Old 07-12-23, 03:31 PM
Carguy22
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is it that doesn’t align? I can’t quite tell from the pics and description
Old 07-12-23, 06:58 PM
GreyGooseNX
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Does anyone have a link to that video? My NX will have mudguards so I'll need the video. Also does anyone know if the part numbers and documents will work for a 2024? I saw on the PDFs it mentioned 2022-2023
Old 07-13-23, 08:01 AM
nicelynice623
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Carguy22
What is it that doesn’t align? I can’t quite tell from the pics and description
sorry English is not my first language

what I meant was this part sticks out a little bit and is not flushed with the back panel
it is more obvious in certain angels, such as the one in this photo I think.
not sure if this is normal, as the parts seems to be fitted correctly, and they are genuine parts shipped directly from Japan.
the other side is completely fine though

Last edited by nicelynice623; 07-13-23 at 08:18 AM.
Old 07-13-23, 08:14 AM
nicelynice623
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Valbon8
Were these on an Eminent White Pearl? If you, can you post full width finished pictures? I am on the fence about doing this?

Thanks!
Hello yes this is Eminent White Pearl
Sorry I just got the car not long ago so do not have too many pictures, I attached one here showing the side.
Peronally I think this make the car looks so much more elegant.

Last edited by nicelynice623; 07-13-23 at 08:28 AM.
Old 07-13-23, 08:38 AM
Carguy22
6th Gear

sorry English is not my first language

what I meant was this part sticks out a little bit and is not flushed with the back panel
it is more obvious in certain angels, such as the one in this photo I think.
not sure if this is normal, as the parts seems to be fitted correctly, and they are genuine parts shipped directly from Japan.
the other side is completely fine though
That’s ok!!

Oh i see what you mean now!! It’s hard to understand why it would be like that. Thankyou for letting me know
Old 07-13-23, 08:41 AM
Carguy22
6th Gear

Hello yes this is Eminent White Pearl
Sorry I just got the car not long ago so do not have too many pictures, I attached one here showing the side.
Peronally I think this make the car looks so much more elegant.

I completely agree. I’m blown away as to why theyre not colour matched (at least in the higher spec non F Sport versions). But even still, I’ve seen there’s some countries where the F Sport wheel arches aren’t painted!!
Old 07-13-23, 08:50 AM
nicelynice623
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Skell6009

thank you! I think mine on one side sticks out a little bit much, I will try to see if the dealer can adjust it, I hope they do not think I'm a crazy person caring about such little thing
your car looks great! I was deciding between white and your color, but ultimately ended up with white due to the slightly higher resale value of white in my country.
I love the way light reflects on your silver car!

Last edited by nicelynice623; 07-13-23 at 08:58 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Skell6009 (07-13-23)
Old 07-13-23, 08:09 PM
Skell6009
Driver

Originally Posted by IneedNX
Does anyone have a link to that video? My NX will have mudguards so I'll need the video. Also does anyone know if the part numbers and documents will work for a 2024? I saw on the PDFs it mentioned 2022-2023
From what I remember, it should be very obvious how to remove the mud guards. There is one screw you need to un screw and I believe it used the same clip holes needed for removing the wheel arch itself.

The pdf guides should work just fine for the 2024. There are no changes to the body.
Old 07-13-23, 10:32 PM
makbn
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Is it possible to wrap them instead of ordering a new coloured set? I’m not handyman and I know I will damage the car somehow if I try to change them myself. Asked a dealership and they told me it will be over $1600CAD to change them.
Old 07-14-23, 06:07 AM
Skell6009
Driver

Originally Posted by makbn
Is it possible to wrap them instead of ordering a new coloured set? I’m not handyman and I know I will damage the car somehow if I try to change them myself. Asked a dealership and they told me it will be over $1600CAD to change them.
I doubt you will be able to find a wrap that matches the paint color exactly. And at that point it will probably look worse than the plain black mouldings. You could also ask around at local body shops and see how much the labor charge would be.
Old 07-14-23, 10:07 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Skell6009

This looks so much better but now people will think this is an F Sport with the badge removed lol
Old 07-14-23, 08:26 PM
Valbon8
10th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I completely agree. I’m blown away as to why theyre not colour matched (at least in the higher spec non F Sport versions). But even still, I’ve seen there’s some countries where the F Sport wheel arches aren’t painted!!
Looks beautiful!!! Just to confirm, you got the Sonic Quartz?
Old 07-21-23, 12:07 AM
Kodiak412
Rookie

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I agree. It should have been included in at least the Luxury package for the 350, 350h or 450h. I wanted to do this change for my 2024 350h but when I picked up the car, Nori Green and the first time I ever saw Nori Green in person, the black blended in with the Green so much that I might put this mod on the back burner. Unless it is in the direct sun this color shifting color looks almost black anyway.

Quick Reply: Wheel arch moulding replacement