NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Renaming favorites in Destinations under Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-23, 07:22 PM
ravnorodom
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Renaming favorites in Destinations under Navigation

Does anyone know how to rename Favorites in Destinations under Navigation?

I added two favorites so far in Destinations but I couldn't figure out how to edit and change the names. It only gives me the option of deleting it under "Edit". Right now the 2 favorites that I bookmarked just show the first line of each address under each title. I want to change the title to "Grocery XYZ" instead of "123 Main Street". I had seen older interface on Lexus sedan that can edit favorites but not this new interface on my 2023 NX350. Thanks ahead.

Last edited by ravnorodom; 01-25-23 at 02:11 AM.
Old 01-22-23, 01:18 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by ravnorodom
Does anyone know how to rename Favorites in Destinations under Navigation?

I added two favorites so far in Destinations but I couldn't figure out how to edit and change the names. It only gives me the option of deleting it under "Edit". Right now the 2 favorites that I bookmarked just show the first line of each address under each title. I want to change the title to "Grocery XYZ" instead of "123 Main Street". I had seen older interface on Lexus sedan that can edit favorites but not this new interface on my 2023 NX350. Thanks ahead.
If you want to rename, you're going to have to do it in the Lexus app on your phone. Once you do that, when it syncs, it'll update the car.

Not intuitive, I know, but that's the choice Lexus made.
Old 01-22-23, 09:28 PM
ravnorodom
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LStoneX
If you want to rename, you're going to have to do it in the Lexus app on your phone. Once you do that, when it syncs, it'll update the car.

Not intuitive, I know, but that's the choice Lexus made.
I do have Lexus app but I can't find anywhere in the app that allows you to rename the title of the favorites either. Inside the app, the only choice that I have for editing favorites is deleting..... just like what's on the infotainment.
Old 01-23-23, 05:14 PM
watmind
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the same experience. Cannot rename favourites from either the app or car. Annoying.
Old 01-23-23, 05:45 PM
ravnorodom
Driver School Candidate

After doing more research on internet and YouTube, my guts tell me the older app called "Lexus Enform" can do the renaming. But the newer one that just called "Lexus" which replaces the "Lexus Enform" has limited features. I hope eventually the updates will improve the app.
Old 03-30-23, 02:12 PM
dbj2015
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ravnorodom
After doing more research on internet and YouTube, my guts tell me the older app called "Lexus Enform" can do the renaming. But the newer one that just called "Lexus" which replaces the "Lexus Enform" has limited features. I hope eventually the updates will improve the app.
Semi related, is there any way to remove favorites? I can't figure it out for the life of me...
Old 03-30-23, 02:21 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dbj2015
Semi related, is there any way to remove favorites? I can't figure it out for the life of me...
Removal is also done in the app.

In the app, go to Find -> Destinations -> Favorites and tap on "Edit" in the top right.

You should then be able to remove any saved locations. Once removed, choose done and it will sync with the car.
Old 03-31-23, 06:08 AM
dbj2015
2nd gear

Removal is also done in the app.

In the app, go to Find -> Destinations -> Favorites and tap on "Edit" in the top right.

You should then be able to remove any saved locations. Once removed, choose done and it will sync with the car.
any chance you could show a screenshot? I can’t see an option on the app
Old 03-31-23, 07:10 AM
Droid13
Racer

Received 586 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by dbj2015
any chance you could show a screenshot? I can’t see an option on the app

The following 2 users liked this post by Droid13:
harper7 (03-31-23), LStoneX (03-31-23)
Old 03-31-23, 01:38 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Follow @Droid13's steps and then do the ffg:

Choose favorites

Choose the edit option...

Then delete the location you want to remove

The following users liked this post:
harper7 (03-31-23)
Old 03-31-23, 07:17 PM
LilyTiger
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts

Since we’re here in this screenshot, does the send to car feature work for y’all? Usually I get an address not found message even though I’m certain the address is there because I’ve navigated to it before using Lexus navigation.
Old 03-31-23, 08:10 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LilyTiger
Since we’re here in this screenshot, does the send to car feature work for y’all? Usually I get an address not found message even though I’m certain the address is there because I’ve navigated to it before using Lexus navigation.
Works for me every time. Do you have your profile selected and active in the car?
Old 03-31-23, 11:54 PM
LilyTiger
Pit Crew

Works for me every time. Do you have your profile selected and active in the car?
I do have my profile active in the car. But after you sent that I tried it again, and lo and behold, it works. Maybe it was just a temporary glitch. I’ll keep my eyes peeled if it happens again.
LStoneX (04-01-23)
Old 04-08-23, 06:25 AM
corabethma
3rd Gear

I purchased an ES 350 with Nav last month. I have set my Home address and my son's in favorites from the app and successfully sent to the car. But when I search for my daughter's address it shows me the address but it will only save as the Town so the nav tries to send me to the center of town. I have tried using the app, I have tried using voice in the car and screen typing in the car and each time it won't save that particular address. It's not a new development and my old Lexus GPS sent me right to the house.

Any ideas?
Old 04-08-23, 09:26 AM
LilyTiger
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by corabethma
I purchased an ES 350 with Nav last month. I have set my Home address and my son's in favorites from the app and successfully sent to the car. But when I search for my daughter's address it shows me the address but it will only save as the Town so the nav tries to send me to the center of town. I have tried using the app, I have tried using voice in the car and screen typing in the car and each time it won't save that particular address. It's not a new development and my old Lexus GPS sent me right to the house.

Any ideas?
that is indeed odd. So are you saying you’re unable to navigate to your daughters address or you can’t save her address? Maybe try using destination assist and see if it changes anything (say hey Lexus, call destination assist. Or, on the map screen, press the hamburger button at the bottom right with the 3 horizontal lines, and tap “call destination assist”).

I’m stumped honestly, I haven’t experienced this. It could be a bug but with the way lexus is handling updates, I don’t see it getting resolved in the next decade.

I know it’s not ideal if you prefer the Lexus navigation, but if it works in google maps or Apple Maps then use CarPlay or android auto.
LStoneX (04-08-23)

Quick Reply: Renaming favorites in Destinations under Navigation