NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Android Auto Hijacks Display and Info

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-23, 02:22 PM
Amateurph
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Android Auto Hijacks Display and Info

Hi All - switched from my 2021 IS to a new NX350 AWD. Immediately facing a very interesting display problem. I own an Android phone and activated Android auto - whenever I start the Lexus , the Android Auto is automatically connected and it is impossible to find any way to get back to the screen where you can select the source - example, maybe switch from Android Auto to Sirius XM or use the FM channels. There is an option on the phone which says - start Android Auto automatically - see attached image- and the option is set by the car. For the life of me, unable to locate a kind of home button to go back and stop the option of Android Auto auto connect. BAsically android auto hijack of my Lexus screen !! Any help to this technologically challenged guy would be appreciated.

Last edited by Amateurph; 01-28-23 at 02:42 PM. Reason: added image
Old 01-28-23, 03:34 PM
katekebo
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

While on the Android (map) screen press the round button (icon) similar to the home button on your phone. This will take you to the screen showing all the different apps that you can use with Android Auto. One of these will be the Lexus logo. Click on that icon and it will take you to the Lexus "home" screen with all the standard options/functions. To return to Android Auto press the "double arrow" icon at the top of the "menu" on the left.
Old 01-29-23, 07:24 AM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Received 229 Likes on 166 Posts

, especially at 28:45.
Old 01-31-23, 12:04 PM
Mrnovanova
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Amateurph
Hi All - switched from my 2021 IS to a new NX350 AWD. Immediately facing a very interesting display problem. I own an Android phone and activated Android auto - whenever I start the Lexus , the Android Auto is automatically connected and it is impossible to find any way to get back to the screen where you can select the source - example, maybe switch from Android Auto to Sirius XM or use the FM channels. There is an option on the phone which says - start Android Auto automatically - see attached image- and the option is set by the car. For the life of me, unable to locate a kind of home button to go back and stop the option of Android Auto auto connect. BAsically android auto hijack of my Lexus screen !! Any help to this technologically challenged guy would be appreciated.
Wow. I wish I had your problem. My car doesn't do that at all. I always have to select AA. Do you plug in your phone or do you use it wirelessly?
Old 02-01-23, 10:42 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

I tried Android auto and had to dump it. I couldn't do things that should be standard. The apps didn't allow me to get anything I was interested in. I don't understand why AA is so popular.
Old 02-01-23, 01:43 PM
MTL2022
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

You can alway use the "Source" button on the steering wheel to switch sources!
You can use Setting within the AA screen on your car to choose your liking
You can use the Customize within the AA screen on you car to do some customization
if you don't want AA, simply go to the Lexus setting of Bluetooth and remove the AA option off your Phone on that screen
Old 02-03-23, 04:03 AM
SenorValas
Driver

Received 56 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by katekebo
While on the Android (map) screen press the round button (icon) similar to the home button on your phone. This will take you to the screen showing all the different apps that you can use with Android Auto. One of these will be the Lexus logo. Click on that icon and it will take you to the Lexus "home" screen with all the standard options/functions. To return to Android Auto press the "double arrow" icon at the top of the "menu" on the left.
You can also use "Hey Lexus" voice commands to switch between Android Auto and the native Lexus infotainment system, as follows:-

"Hey Lexus, show the map" will take you from Android Auto to the native Lexus navigation screen (from where you can launch the other Infotainment functions such as Settings; Audio; etc.) You may be able to be more specific with a voice command to take you directly to, say, the Audio options but I haven't explored this.

"Hey Lexus, launch Android Auto" will switch from the Lexus system to Android Auto