NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Pics of my new NX WeatherTech liners (floor & cargo)

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-15, 10:00 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts
Thumbs up Pics of my new NX WeatherTech liners (floor & cargo)

I bought the custom WeatherTech floor liners and the cargo liner for my NX 200 turbo. I'm totally 100% satisfied with them. Here they are ....

(my NX interior, as well as the mats/liners, are black—my smartphone camera didn't quite get an accurate color-representation)

Old 09-22-15, 02:23 AM
D4V1D
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice. We have the OEM ones and they work for us mostly, but I was thinking of getting the rear only from WeatherTech. Kids are not so diligent on making sure they have all the crap off their soles before getting into the car. Plus, the little hump over the drive train appears to be a newly found foot resting place of late.
Old 09-22-15, 08:39 AM
typocl
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by D4V1D
Nice. We have the OEM ones and they work for us mostly, but I was thinking of getting the rear only from WeatherTech. Kids are not so diligent on making sure they have all the crap off their soles before getting into the car. Plus, the little hump over the drive train appears to be a newly found foot resting place of late.
I didn't even realize the rear liner was a one piece that covered the middle until you mentioned this!
Old 09-22-15, 02:29 PM
olgzr
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Could someone post a picture of the Lexus rear mat so we can see the differences with the Weathertech above?
Old 09-22-15, 03:23 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Originally Posted by olgzr
Could someone post a picture of the Lexus rear mat so we can see the differences with the Weathertech above?
Are you referring to the back passenger seating area with the Lexus carpeted mat or the Lexus rubber mat?

From what I understand with the Lexus OEM rubber floor mat, it does not have a raised-perimeter lip which will contain spills (like the WeatherTech floor liner).

Here's an image from the Lexus website (albeit, the driver's mat) ...

If you are referring to the cargo mat, the rubber Lexus OEM cargo mats do have a raised-perimeter lip, but it is much smaller and not as robust as the WeatherTech cargo liners, IMHO.

Here's the Lexus OEM cargo all-weather map (taken from the Lexus website) ...

On my previous car, I had the regular OEM floor mats and—while they worked for the most part—dirt, pebbles, and general crap still found their way under the mats onto the carpeted floorboards. With the raise-perimeter lip of my new WeatherTechs, I have not seen any debris make it under the mats.
Old 09-22-15, 04:03 PM
olgzr
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks for the pictures. It was the Lexus cargo mat I wanted to see. I'm trying to decide between the Lexus mat and the Weathertech. It looks like the Weathertech is better but the Lexus mat is less expensive.
Old 09-23-15, 02:55 AM
D4V1D
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

...but the Lexus mat is less expensive.
Plus, you will get that pretty "Lexus" word in the middle...

Old 09-23-15, 08:06 AM
gloamin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used Aries II (a less expensive and equally worthy) alternative to Weather Tech in my RX 350, if anyone needs a set (one year old) holler! I have the NX now and am using the OEM. I haven't gone through winter yet, but so far, I can't see replacing them with Weather Tech. Of course, it's a personal decision, but I'm happy with the OE.
Old 09-23-15, 05:15 PM
papa214
Rookie

Thanks for the pictures. It was the Lexus cargo mat I wanted to see. I'm trying to decide between the Lexus mat and the Weathertech. It looks like the Weathertech is better but the Lexus mat is less expensive.
IMHO i think the lexus mat is just as sturdy & covers the same area.
I agree with the last post you get the LEXUS logo.

Plus if you order from dealer or if the dealer has in stock no shipping chagres>
Old 09-27-15, 05:15 AM
motorheaddown
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry... wrong thread
Old 09-28-15, 06:28 PM
NXOwner
Racer

I'm so glad I bought the floor and cargo liners.

Yesterday (the day of the supermoon eclipse) the tide was astronomically low, so we went to the tide pools looking at sea anemones, fish, crabs, and the like. From there we went to the hills on some hiking trails to watch the eclipse. Between the sand from the beach, the sand/dirt from the trails, and the wet condensation from the ice cooler, my WeatherTechs captured and contained all that mess! I got home and basically was able to "pour" the sand out of the containers (the liners).

Last edited by NXOwner; 09-29-15 at 09:29 AM.
Old 09-29-15, 03:27 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Nice fit and match to your interior.
Old 09-29-15, 09:27 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

This is the OEM cargo liner I got from the dealer. Excuse the dirt (as you can see, it's done it's job already). The part number is PU550-78151-01. It was pretty pricey at $155 CAD.

It is well designed with slight lip all around (probably just under 1 cm). The back has velcro strips that keep the mat in place. Probably the best part is that the mats also protect the back of the seats when folded down. There is an accordion style folding section that extends when the seat is down. I don't use the car seat latches, but they are pre-cut if you need access to them.

Random aside... I just noticed the cargo lights are filament bulbs and not LED like the rest of the interior lighting. Really Lexus??

The following users liked this post:
ravim (01-09-18)
Old 10-02-15, 07:11 AM
Kosukuboy
Driver School Candidate

Like the looks for the OEM floor liners !
Old 10-02-15, 07:28 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

What is the price tag on the set.......minus cargo mat........

Quick Reply: Pics of my new NX WeatherTech liners (floor & cargo)