NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

2022 Lexus NX Spied (post #67 with new image)

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-20, 06:14 PM
Dorsai
Intermediate

Received 134 Likes on 71 Posts
Default 2022 Lexus NX Spied (post #67 with new image)

Hi all...long time Lexus owner, first time poster. I currently drive a 2004 RX330 that I bought new - it now has 191,000 miles on it and I'm getting ready to hand it down to my son. Last year when the RX was in the shop for a new power steering pump (the first significant repair it has required) they gave me a 2019 NX300 as a loaner that I really liked. I don't need anything as large as today's RX (my wife has a 2015 Highlander that serves admirably as a family hauler), so I think the NX would be the perfect new vehicle for me. My only question is, is the 2022 NX worth waiting for?

The rumors online are that the new NX will come in at nearly 300 HP, which I like - the NX I drove was perfectly pleasant, but a little more zip would be even better. Do we know if all non-hybrid NXs will have the same engine, or is the peppier engine likely to be an upcharge?

Also, has there been any word on changes to the infotainment system? I didn't play with it on the loaner I had, but every review I've seen of the current NX complains about it. Is there likely to be an improved system for 2022?
Old 11-30-20, 08:45 PM
iizbor3d
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Aside from my 18 NX missing Android Auto and Mark Levinson audio, I don't see why people complain about the infotainment system. Bluetooth works great and I find the touch pad easy to navigate with.
The following 2 users liked this post by iizbor3d:
Vitveet (01-13-21), zkl2003 (12-07-20)
Old 12-01-20, 04:29 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,115 Likes on 722 Posts

I am waiting for the 2022 which heard might be out by summer of 2021. It will be four inches longer which it needs. I will get the plug-in hybrid model. This will come with a $7500 tax credit and will be identical to the RAV 4 plug-in with 300 horsepower and a 0-60 in 5.5 seconds, 42 miles of electric range and then 40 mpg after. I really hope it has the Venza's star glazed panoramic roof. IMO this will be a huge hit for Lexus.
The following users liked this post:
LexNYC83 (12-15-20)
Old 12-01-20, 04:57 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Dorsai
Hi all...long time Lexus owner, first time poster. I currently drive a 2004 RX330 that I bought new - it now has 191,000 miles on it and I'm getting ready to hand it down to my son. Last year when the RX was in the shop for a new power steering pump (the first significant repair it has required) they gave me a 2019 NX300 as a loaner that I really liked. I don't need anything as large as today's RX (my wife has a 2015 Highlander that serves admirably as a family hauler), so I think the NX would be the perfect new vehicle for me. My only question is, is the 2022 NX worth waiting for?

The rumors online are that the new NX will come in at nearly 300 HP, which I like - the NX I drove was perfectly pleasant, but a little more zip would be even better. Do we know if all non-hybrid NXs will have the same engine, or is the peppier engine likely to be an upcharge?

Also, has there been any word on changes to the infotainment system? I didn't play with it on the loaner I had, but every review I've seen of the current NX complains about it. Is there likely to be an improved system for 2022?
My wife had a RX400h a while back, she downsized to the NX300. The NX is a much nicer driving SUV, still getting over the front end but its slowly growing on us. The touchpad is hard to operate, not sure why Lexus insist on sticking with it, other info system I have used are much easier to operate. Overall, it little HP would not hurt but the NX is not a hot rod by any means but the NX is a pleasure to drive as it is.
Vitveet (12-15-20)
Old 12-01-20, 05:38 AM
Dorsai
Intermediate

I think the standard grille on the NX is fine, but I can't stand the F Sport version...which is too bad, because otherwise I might be tempted to get it.

I'm actually not that concerned about the infotainment system...once I get everything configured (typically a one-time process) I tend not to worry about it. But literally EVERY review of the NX whines about it, so I assume it must be especially awful.

Also...I'd like to tint the front windows to match the back, but I've seen people online say that there's something special about the current NX that makes this difficult. Others say they've had no problem. Anyone know for certain what the truth is? I'm also curious what a quality front window tint job on this vehicle should cost, as I've never had a vehicle tinted before.
Robb79 (03-05-21)
Old 12-01-20, 10:15 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 714 Likes on 522 Posts

I think the standard grille on the NX is fine, but I can't stand the F Sport version...which is too bad, because otherwise I might be tempted to get it.

I'm actually not that concerned about the infotainment system...once I get everything configured (typically a one-time process) I tend not to worry about it. But literally EVERY review of the NX whines about it, so I assume it must be especially awful.

Also...I'd like to tint the front windows to match the back, but I've seen people online say that there's something special about the current NX that makes this difficult. Others say they've had no problem. Anyone know for certain what the truth is? I'm also curious what a quality front window tint job on this vehicle should cost, as I've never had a vehicle tinted before.
Intriguing. I definitely prefer the F-Sport grill but this just proves that a vehicle's appearance is a matter of taste and our tastes all vary. Regarding the infotainment system, don't believe everything you read. For the level of interaction we have with the vehicle systems, we have no problem with the infotainment system or the touchpad. I suspect there is a silent majority that is perfectly happy with the system but there is a very vocal minority that is looking for something different. Just remember, no vehicle is going to have a perfect combination of features for every potential feature.

As to the window tinting, I do believe they can be tinted. Our 2019 ES was tinted and I would suspect (this is just my opinion) that the windows are the same in the 2019+ generation of ES sedans. You may want to have the dealer tint it so they assume responsibility if there is any potential issue? Unfortunately this is speculative as our NX is a 2016 model and no tinting issues have been indicated with that model year.

In reference to your general comments about the RX size, we moved from an 04 RX to a 2013 RX. For just my wife and I, we just found the RX to be too big - and the 2016+ generation grew even more. So we traded our 2015 for the NX and have been very happy with the size. It does not have as nice a ride as either of the previous RXs nor is the interior as quiet, but it is a great size and very comfortable. My guess is that considering the size increase rumored for the 2022 model year, it will come very close to the size of the 04 RX. I am anxious to see what is planned for the 2022 model year and just hope we see improvement with things the Lexus brand is known for, like a quiet cabin and a smooth composed ride.
Old 12-01-20, 10:52 AM
Dorsai
Intermediate

I see from your signature that your NX is Matador Red Mica...how do you like that color? Almost every Lexus around here (north Atlanta suburbs) is white, black, or gray/silver, so I have to have something that stands out at least a little bit. Blue seems to be an F Sport-only color, green and orange are non-starters, so that leaves red. I'd answer the question for myself if only I could find a red Lexus to look at...
Medicalmav (04-05-21)
Old 12-01-20, 11:32 AM
DampDuffer
Intermediate

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

1. I find the touchpad and infotainment system easy to use, and much prefer both to the setup in my wife's Audi Q5.
2. I chose the F-Sport over the standard NX because of the grill and the sportier interior look.
3. Before purchasing my NX I had a 2006 RX Hybrid and thought I would get a 2017 RX, but after test driving the RX and NX, I much preferred the handling and size of the NX.
4. I am intending to buy a plug-in 2022 NX, and hope it is offered in an F-Sport. If it is not, I will still go with the plug-in unless Freds430 buys the last one.
5. My one and only complaint about my NX is the cockpit noise compared to the much quieter Q5. I am counting on Lexus to do better in this area in 2022.
6. Regarding color, my NX is Atomic Silver...and it is perfect for me because it is low maintenance. My wife loved her red Lexus, but traded it in for her low maintenance silver Audi.
7. Still on color, I recently had my electric golf cart painted the NX color Nori Green Pearl...and it is constantly receiving compliments on its beauty from those who are driving the more common red, white, and blue carts...

Old 12-01-20, 12:27 PM
kent2174
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

latest comp car while in service we had RX with touch screen nav system. So very nice, quick and smooth.
I have no issue with NX touch pad, but it took some time to get the haptics just right.
Old 12-01-20, 12:56 PM
DampDuffer
Intermediate

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by kent2174
latest comp car while in service we had RX with touch screen nav system. So very nice, quick and smooth.
I have no issue with NX touch pad, but it took some time to get the haptics just right.
I mentioned in an earlier post that I find the touchpad easy to use, but I would prefer a touchscreen!

My 2006 RX had a touchscreen. My laptop, phone, tablet, Kindle, and even my airplane's navigation has a touchscreen...so it would make sense the 2022 NX will also offer a touchscreen, and if it doesn't, it should...
Old 12-01-20, 01:04 PM
Dorsai
Intermediate

Maybe it has something to do with the position of the screen? My wife's 2015 Highlander has a touch screen, but it's lower on the center stack than the screen on the current NX. I agree, though, it *should* be a touch screen in this day and age.
Old 12-01-20, 05:17 PM
lilfool
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm waiting to see the 2022 Lexus NX as well. I have a 19 NX F sport with triple beam headlights circuit red interior. I have no issues with it however coming from my 2016 IS F sport, I wish the instrument cluster was all digital like every other F sport model they have in their lineup. Also, I wish it had a panoramic Roof so I'm hoping the 2022 model year has some updates. I've been having my eye on the Acura RDX Aspec for a while, and it's been growing on me lately but trying to stick to Lexus. We shall see what the future holds.
Vitveet (12-15-20)
Old 12-02-20, 05:07 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,115 Likes on 722 Posts

Originally Posted by DampDuffer
4. I am intending to buy a plug-in 2022 NX, and hope it is offered in an F-Sport. If it is not, I will still go with the plug-in unless Freds430 buys the last one.
6. Regarding color, my NX is Atomic Silver...and it is perfect for me because it is low maintenance. My wife loved her red Lexus, but traded it in for her low maintenance silver Audi.

Too funny. As long as you are right behind me in line. As far as atomic silver, I am hoping they carry that color forward. By far the best color and as you say it does not show dirt. We have two silver lining's and they are good for dirt too but wanted atomic silver for both but it was their last models for the 2017 model and gave great discounts.
Vitveet (01-13-21)
Old 12-02-20, 05:42 AM
Dorsai
Intermediate

Funny thing about colors...I said initially that I wanted red for mine, but as I've been looking at people's cars on the forum I am starting to really like the Nebula Gray. I'm still undecided about having a car that blends with everyone else's, but it would look sharp in my driveway.
Old 12-02-20, 08:38 AM
Jezza819
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I see from your signature that your NX is Matador Red Mica...how do you like that color? Almost every Lexus around here (north Atlanta suburbs) is white, black, or gray/silver, so I have to have something that stands out at least a little bit. Blue seems to be an F Sport-only color, green and orange are non-starters, so that leaves red. I'd answer the question for myself if only I could find a red Lexus to look at...
As for me red has always been my first choice in vehicles. I had a Redline IS200t Fsport before this NX300.

Here is my NX

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...l#post10675014

Funny thing about colors...I said initially that I wanted red for mine, but as I've been looking at people's cars on the forum I am starting to really like the Nebula Gray. I'm still undecided about having a car that blends with everyone else's, but it would look sharp in my driveway.
The Nebula Gray I've never really cared too much for. Any kind of darker gray color has never appealed to me. But if red had not been available I would have gone with Atomic Silver. I think that color looks very good on a NX. If I'm able to get a UX250h next year Atomic Silver will be my first choice.

Quick Reply: 2022 Lexus NX Spied (post #67 with new image)