Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

*After thoughts* for the 11/8 Los Angeles/San Diego meet.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-03, 05:15 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default After thoughts for the 11/8 Los Angeles/San Diego meet.

I would like to thank everyone for showing up for this meet and I hope that all of you enjoyed yourselfs. It was a great turnout with about 30-40 cars. This was by far the biggest So.Cal to date ever and I think this meet was a great alternative to get everybodies mind off the recent and tragic So.Cal Wildfires.

Also special thanks to Roger for organizing the San Diego crew.

Again thanks to everyone who took part in this meet!

See you guys at the next meeting.

On a final note and wrap up statement, please post your comments and your thoughts in this thread and post your pictures from the meet on the link below.

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...=573&password=

Thank you

Last edited by LOTC; 11-10-03 at 12:17 PM.
Old 11-08-03, 05:31 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Cool meet. I miss my car already though.
Old 11-08-03, 05:52 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

It was a great meet...for those of you who missed it, you really missed out on a pretty huge gathering. And as always it was cool to see the regulars as well as a lot of new faces. Big thanks to Elim, Eric, and Roger for organizing everything and also to the people who brought the grub and utensils.

LOL Pete...just keep in mind that good things come to those who wait.

To all the people that brought digicams: I KNOW you guys took a load of pics! Don't be shy people, let's see 'em!
Old 11-08-03, 06:29 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ok...a few funny facts about the meet.

We met up at Hiro's house at Irvine to buy some food and then head out to the meet. Four of us jumped into my car and we went to nearest Ralfs. When we pulled up I saw so many protestors that they were taking up at least 20 parking spaces right in front of the Ralfs entrance (there were not a single car there). This is when I proceeded to pull right in the middle of the crowd almost pushing everyone away with my bumper. Besides those guys were marching in circle and it looks like I desrupted the flow quite a bit. I had a few dirty looks for that one for sho!

Then we went to the meet and met up with the rest of Abflug crew on the way. When we were sitting at the entrance to the park, one of the guys who works at the gates was walking in front of my car checking out Hiro's and my rides. He should have paid a little more attention to where he was going to since a second later he walked into concrete wall. I really held my laughter as much as I could since the guy was pretty embarrased as is.

Then we pulled into the parking lot that was already full of sick Lexus cars and their owners, and ran straight for food. No hellow's, intruductions and not even showing off the cars to anyone. We made up for it later though...who is going to be nice when hungry...right?

Oh, and of cource, the half of us got lost during the canyon run. We all met up later though.

Overall the meet was great. Friendly people with nice cars. Thank you so much for the ride back too.
Old 11-08-03, 06:35 PM
LS400
Club Lexus Editor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was a nice meet and no rain either! Pretty nice weather as a matter-of-fact. It was great to see and meet fellow ClubLexus members. There was practically no one (except us) in the parking lot. That was a huge surprise because two years ago, we had a BBQ at the same location and it was very crowded in the morning.

We had some minor difficulties on the cruise, but nothing too bad.

Originally posted by BR1AN
To all the people that brought digicams: I KNOW you guys took a load of pics! Don't be shy people, let's see 'em!
Hmm...

Hehehe... Sorry Brian. I'll bring it next time.

Last edited by LS400; 11-08-03 at 06:38 PM.
Old 11-08-03, 06:37 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by LS400
Hmm...

Hehehe... Sorry Brian. I'll bring it next time.
Oh that's just WRONG!
Old 11-08-03, 06:46 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took lots of pics and I am uploading right now.

My friend Calvin recorded alot of footage, but I don't know how to unload it as I dont have the proper program. All I have is he USB link, but don't worry, I called Brendanlim a few min ago and he will send me the prog.

It was a pleasure to meet fellow CL members. Too bad I got owned by a 335 HP Camaro. damn.
Old 11-08-03, 07:15 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

It was a great meet....... Although I didn't get to eat the ice cream and ate patty with cheese but no buns Hope you guys (who were there before 11) enjoyed my grandma's Taiwanese rice.
I had a great time.........thanks guys
Old 11-08-03, 07:57 PM
GS4ADRLexo
Driver

Awesome meet guys! It definately gives me a new appreciation for the amount of time, money, and effort that is put into some of these cars. Also, if one of the mods could help me out...my dumb *** put a bunch of pics from the meet in the "Member Gallery" section and it says I do not have permission to move them, so if one of you could take care of that I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 11-08-03, 08:06 PM
LS400
Club Lexus Editor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by GS4ADRLexo
Awesome meet guys! It definately gives me a new appreciation for the amount of time, money, and effort that is put into some of these cars. Also, if one of the mods could help me out...my dumb *** put a bunch of pics from the meet in the "Member Gallery" section and it says I do not have permission to move them, so if one of you could take care of that I would appreciate it. Thanks!
All moved!
Old 11-08-03, 08:32 PM
MikeysSC
Lead Lap

WoOHoo no rain! it was an awesome meet Thanks everyone! i had alot of fun. . always a pleasure to meet fellow Club Members! and next time, I'll bring more then 12 buns hehe Animal Style Baby!
Old 11-08-03, 08:33 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

Definitely had a great time and putting faces to the screen names. Way cool to see all the cars in one place.
Old 11-08-03, 08:37 PM
GS4ADRLexo
Driver

Originally posted by LS400
All moved!
Awesome...thanks!
Old 11-08-03, 08:39 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

It was cool to finally meet some new faces. Thanks to Elim, Eric for making this meet happen. I was very impressed with the park as well. Couldn't ask for any better location for a car meet. Too bad that we couldn't stay a little longer to run the canyon with you guys.
It was definitely an eye opening experience to see some of the turbo applications.

One thing I did hate about the meet though......those freaking bees, freaking bees....... my hand is still throbbing and swollen from them basters.
Old 11-08-03, 08:54 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by RA40
Definitely had a great time and putting faces to the screen names. Way cool to see all the cars in one place.
Mike do you have the group shot? hehe You were the only one with the professional camera.

Quick Reply: *After thoughts* for the 11/8 Los Angeles/San Diego meet.