Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

April 18th So Cal Meet and BBQ

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-04, 08:09 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by TGRich
I'm leaving from Oklahoma to drive in to Riverside the friday night before the meet. Maybe could time it to drive straight in to the meet for my first stop. How far is simi valley from riverside? I'd like to make this, just hope I can stay awake for long enough to make it.

Tim
I'd say around 2 1/2 to 3 hours, but that's assuming that there isn't any congestion in the flow of traffic all the way through.

If you're planning on making it to the meet on time (10:30 a.m.), you're most likely to hit some traffic on your way up to Simi Valley from Riverside...so add another hour or two to your ETA?

Last edited by BR1AN; 03-29-04 at 08:14 PM.
Old 03-29-04, 08:17 PM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by BR1AN
I'd say around 2 1/2 to 3 hours, but that's assuming that there isn't any congestion in the flow of traffic all the way through.

If you're planning on making it to the meet on time (10:30 a.m.), you're most likely to hit some traffic on your way up to Simi Valley from Riverside...so add another hour or two to your ETA?

What direction is Simi Valley from Riverside? I'm thinking north, since San Diego is only an hour and a half away and that's about as far as you can go south. Maybe if you could tell me a major city in the area, that would give me a better idea.

I think I can make this if I drive straight through and don't stop and rest too long. I may have to show up with a dirty car and and bags under my eyes though
Old 03-29-04, 08:42 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

What direction is Simi Valley from Riverside? I'm thinking north, since San Diego is only an hour and a half away and that's about as far as you can go south. Maybe if you could tell me a major city in the area, that would give me a better idea.

I think I can make this if I drive straight through and don't stop and rest too long. I may have to show up with a dirty car and and bags under my eyes though
It's northwest to be exact. Couldn't really tell you any major cities in the area since it's typically known the be in the "boonies," but surrounding cities would be Thousand Oaks and Moorpark (I think only valley and Ventura natives would know about this area) Hmm...I'd say LA is a little more than half way to Simi Valley from Riverside?
Old 03-29-04, 08:46 PM
ES Boy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

San Fernando is probably the most known.
Old 03-29-04, 09:28 PM
NoRyceGS4
Lexus Test Driver

what time are we meeting at block guys?
Old 03-29-04, 09:36 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by BR1AN
It's northwest to be exact. Couldn't really tell you any major cities in the area since it's typically known the be in the "boonies," but surrounding cities would be Thousand Oaks and Moorpark (I think only valley and Ventura natives would know about this area) Hmm...I'd say LA is a little more than half way to Simi Valley from Riverside?
You've also got Camarillo, Oxnard, and Santa Barbara to the North, and Westlake,Agoura Hills, Oak Park, and Calabasas to the South.

What BR1AN said is mostly true. Simi Valley is out in the "Boonies". Simi Valley or "Slimey" Valley can be reached in many directions. It's like this town is in the middle of everything.
Old 03-29-04, 11:42 PM
Alexusoftime
Lead Lap

okay sure guys i'm down to meet at the block also...okay now just wondering what time we should meet at the block, we need to be at the house at 10:30...meet at 9:00AM sounds good or what guys
Old 03-30-04, 12:51 AM
MrJohnTan
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Alexusoftime
okay sure guys i'm down to meet at the block also...okay now just wondering what time we should meet at the block, we need to be at the house at 10:30...meet at 9:00AM sounds good or what guys
I dont think we necessarily need to be there at 10:30 unless Mike specifies otherwise. Who knows, maybe I even missed where he stated that we had to be there by 10:30. I was hoping to meet later, but if you guys deem that it is necessary to leave that early, please go ahead.
Old 03-30-04, 07:10 AM
NoRyceGS4
Lexus Test Driver

mike opens his door at 10, if we arrive at 1030 we'll already be .5 hours late and i think there should be a significant amount of people at the house. plus we do want parking, just in case you know
Old 03-30-04, 09:18 AM
Jay
Lexus Champion

I don't think I can make it there by 10:30am....most likely around 11am- 11:15am. I need to open my shop by 10am then leave from Fullerton. See you all there !!!!!

JAY
Hiro
STEF
Hector
Old 03-30-04, 09:27 AM
joel5150
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just name a time. I'd hate to be late to my first meet, so I can be there any time. This is the nice part of being divorced! LOL
Old 03-31-04, 12:04 AM
Alexusoftime
Lead Lap

Okay lets say we meet at the block at 11am that should be a good enough time, but people might lagg and we might hang around and talk to each other then we wouldn't be albe to leave tilll like 12am and get there around 1pm...hey that seems early still right , I'm thinking 10am because we say 10am people leave there house at 10am and get to the block at 10:30...
Old 03-31-04, 01:26 AM
claus44
Driver

1. Flipside909 - Riverside, CA
2. White98ARISTO - Hawthorne, CA
3. Es3 bLk 94 - Hacienda Heights, CA
4. Gs3 bLk 2k1 - Hacienda Heights, CA
5. V8_Aristo - West Covina, CA
6. joeyc2-rosemead, ca
7. llmidnitellsc400 - walnut, ca
8.mahardibacardi (mahardibac)-hacienda heights
9. zmatrix - rosemead, ca (may bring two more rides with me)
10. LEXISM- and 1
11. LexAristo-Diamond Bar, Ca
12. MikeysSC-Carson, Ca
13. claus44-Montebello, CA
Old 03-31-04, 10:04 AM
Jay
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

I'm not sure about 1pm !!! That's kinda late, no ??? We'll be there 11:30 am the latest !!!

Thanks and see yall there !!

JAY
Hiro
Stef
hector
Old 03-31-04, 10:31 AM
persian451
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I talked to Lexkost over the phone and he said everything is good to go. He also mentioned that we dont have to be there at 10 in the morning. That is when he is ready but it is not mandatory.

Also if you guys want to bring stuff to eat or drink, it is fine. But not necessary because Lexkost is providing everything.

Early birds can have bagels and coffee, and the BBQ will get going sometime in the afternoon.

Quick Reply: April 18th So Cal Meet and BBQ