Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

April 18th So Cal Meet and BBQ

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-04, 04:29 PM
Lvangundy

#2 Charles!
Old 04-20-04, 04:31 PM
Lvangundy

#3 Mikey

Old 04-20-04, 04:32 PM
Lvangundy

#4 RetroPete!

Old 04-20-04, 04:33 PM
Lvangundy

#5 - forgot your name!
Old 04-20-04, 04:33 PM
Lvangundy

# lastly - me

Old 04-20-04, 04:34 PM
Lvangundy

the tripod in the trees shot
Old 04-20-04, 11:58 PM
zmatrix
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lvangundy
[B]OK - Since everyone is asking for the hookah pics I'll post those and the high in the trees tripod shot.

BTW - The tobacco smoked from a hookah is ONLY flavored tobacco! Not any other drug/substance.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggghhhhtttt!
Old 05-05-04, 02:46 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Just wondering.......

Did anyone suffer any reaction to smoking the hookah? I used to smoke ciggies, but stopped about 5 years ago, party due to all the colds I caught.

Then a year ago I went to a Persian wedding and really enjoyed the hookahs they had there. But damn, a day later I caught one hell of a cold/cough/sore throat that lasted about a week. The water makes the smoke so mild your lungs don't mind all the smoke, but my throat had a different opinion.
Old 05-05-04, 05:28 PM
persian451
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Just wondering.......

Originally posted by PERRYinLA
Did anyone suffer any reaction to smoking the hookah? I used to smoke ciggies, but stopped about 5 years ago, party due to all the colds I caught.

Then a year ago I went to a Persian wedding and really enjoyed the hookahs they had there. But damn, a day later I caught one hell of a cold/cough/sore throat that lasted about a week. The water makes the smoke so mild your lungs don't mind all the smoke, but my throat had a different opinion.

man o man, it is not the Hookah!!! I dont understand why there's a trip over hookah. You probably smoked poor quality tobacco. Its just like a cigar, if you smoke swisher sweets, its junk. But you get like some cubans or hawains, its better.. you know? But i dont know anyone whos got sick from my tobacoo or hookah for that matter... at least, not that I know of...

i'll tell you what, next meet, if you come Perry, I'll smoke you out
Old 05-05-04, 11:51 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Default It's not a trip, and it's not the tobacco- it's the smoke.

I will never understand the logic of quoting an entire post when replying, especially when your reply is about to be placed right under the quoted post. Have some sympathy for the readers- it's bad enough that everyone has to read my idiotic posts in the first place- now you want them to read it again, kinda like as a warmup, before savoring your reply?

This wedding was in Beverly Hills and you could have bought a westside condo for the amount of money my neighbor spent on this affair, so poor-quality tobacco was not an issue. There were at least 3 of them going, and each one had a queue of would-be smokers waiting for an opening.

Those Persians are not ones to skimp on such stuff at such a wedding, wouldn't you agree, Persian?

No thanks on the rematch, either- I'll stick with my Macanudos, when they're on sale at www.JRCigars.com (Friday nights, 10pm Pacific Time).
Old 05-06-04, 05:48 AM
persian451
Lexus Test Driver

suit yourself
Old 05-06-04, 06:13 AM
Lvangundy

PerryinLA..long time no talk!

About the hookah, one thing is that hookah hoses are shared between several people, and I've only seen restaurants or bars that give each person a new plastic tip for each visit. You may have caught some kind of cold, but now that I'm thinking about it, that's too short of an infection/incubation perdiod for a cold.

You're probably right, for the non-smoker, hookah smoke is practically unnoticeable when you're doing it. I've had some friends who don't smoke try and come out with a sore throat the next day. Most people tend to take huge hits at the same time also, hookah is (from what I understand) intented to be slowly smoked over longer periods of time, unlike cigarettes.
Old 05-06-04, 10:28 AM
PERRYinLA
Racer

hi Lee! Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was caused by smoke irritating the throat and not from a germ-ridden tip (everyone was given their own disposable tip). I'm definitely sensitive to it (hence quitting the ciggies) so I was just wondering if others that don't regularly smoke had a problem, too.

I'm glad to hear no one did, and my use of the word "reaction" might have been misinterpreted- I didn't mean to imply there's any specific risk to using hookahs over other smoking methods.

As for me, I guess my days of inhaling huge hits of any smokable substance are over (but there's always brownies!).
Old 05-06-04, 10:36 AM
persian451
Lexus Test Driver

brownies.. mmm, i gotta try that one day..
Old 05-06-04, 03:55 PM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: It's not a trip, and it's not the tobacco- it's the smoke.

Originally posted by PERRYinLA
I will never understand the logic of quoting an entire post when replying, especially when your reply is about to be placed right under the quoted post. Have some sympathy for the readers- it's bad enough that everyone has to read my idiotic posts in the first place- now you want them to read it again, kinda like as a warmup, before savoring your reply?

This wedding was in Beverly Hills and you could have bought a westside condo for the amount of money my neighbor spent on this affair, so poor-quality tobacco was not an issue. There were at least 3 of them going, and each one had a queue of would-be smokers waiting for an opening.

Those Persians are not ones to skimp on such stuff at such a wedding, wouldn't you agree, Persian?

No thanks on the rematch, either- I'll stick with my Macanudos, when they're on sale at www.JRCigars.com (Friday nights, 10pm Pacific Time).
hehe, you've got a point. But on the other hand, when someone who tracks the thread doesn't read the quoted post until a couple days later, it helps to see the original. Even if it is right above, it's easier to read the quote than to scroll up.

Quick Reply: April 18th So Cal Meet and BBQ