Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Finally got my wheel locks and tire repaired..however bad luck...

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-04, 02:39 PM
zmatrix
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Finally got my wheel locks and tire repaired..however bad luck...

Hey guys, some of you may remember my wheel lock issue as well as my tire having a screw in it. Well I finally took it to Discount Tires in El Monte to have them remove it. Everything was done, it cost me $115 to have the wheel locks removed, tires balanced, and one tire patched up.

However I learned a very important lesson today. Well some of you may already know this - have the guy check off your that your rims are in perfect condition before they start and any blemishes after are their responsibiity.

I got a small dent on my rear wheel face on a spoke. I was pissed. I know my rims and it wasn't there before I went in. I complained to the guy and he kept telling me there was no way they could of done that. I mentioned that they were hammering the wheel lock removal nut onto the lock and that's when they damaged it.

Anyways, I know I was arguing a losing fight so I left. Anyways, just a lesson to be learned - so caveat to you peeps. I am sad now that my rim has a small nick. Even tho it may not be as noticleable, i know it's there. It's about the size of this O.
Old 02-11-04, 02:52 PM
KevsGS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i feel your pain...... too bad we have learned the hard way. but thats a great piece of advice for all of us to follow.
Old 02-11-04, 06:49 PM
persian451
Lexus Test Driver

file a complaint. "The customer is always right! "

why would you make it up? dont let the tire shop punk you
Old 02-11-04, 08:05 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Dang, sorry to hear that bro. I think I remember someone else had a similar situation with Discount Tires damaging one of their wheels. But I think his damage was more severe. Just be thankful that it wasn't worse....a hammer to a wheel....just the thought of it makes me cringe.
Old 02-12-04, 02:09 AM
zmatrix
Pole Position

Angry

yeah man it does suck. I know it can be worse so that is why I let it go.

First thing the guy said when I pointed it out was:

"How do you know it was us that did that? You said that you couldn't take the wheel lock off and the last guy you went to did this and now you are saying we did it" and he kept on trying to pass it off as me using their shop as the scapegoat when I KNOW my rims were ding free before I went in.

I was pissed when he said that. The guy's name was Anthony. Then another guy came and said it was a rock that did it, I am fairly certain there was no way in hell a rock could have done that.

What was also bad was that he charged me for lugs that he didn't even install on my car! He used my exisiting ones and try to pass it off as the new ones. On top of that he wanted to charge an extra $20 for new locks that was already agreed upon in the written estimate. I had to argue with him about that. It seems nowadays everything has to be written word for word.

Just have to be careful, it can happen at any shop. Now my confidence in finding a good shop is down to nothing. I don't think things like this happen often but like I said, if you go to Discount Tires in El Monte or any shop for that fact, have them inspect your rims first before they do any work so they can't blame you after the fact. I just happened to have bad luck.
Old 02-12-04, 11:23 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Danny,

It's good to hear from you. I'm glad you fixed your problem and I'm sorry to hear of what happened. You have my number, call me up sometime bro. take care

Bryan
Old 02-13-04, 11:39 AM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorry to hear about that!

I have dealt with those guys...They are an independent discount tire chain. I don't know that I would take my tires to be fixed by them, but I would buy from them...they do have good deals...just need to keep knocking them down, down, down...they're Armenian if i'm not mistaken and cocky at that...but if you know what you want, exact fitment, pricing, etc... you should have nothing to worry about. They were pretty careful with my car, but I was standing over them the whole time and I am not a little guy I try not to ever "leave" my car with other people without me standing over the mechanic to point out the issues or their problems. I have to really trust them to leave it...unless it's Lexus, then I know they are a big enough company to handle my lawsuits

Last edited by KVA; 02-13-04 at 11:39 AM.