Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

D1 Grand Prix @ Irwindale Speedway, Feb 28th

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-04, 01:57 AM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by zenki300
Hey Aristo and Junction,

I saw both of your cars at the show but didn't see you guys standing around your cars, so I just drooled in admiration to the side of them since I couldn't talk to you guys to ask some questions. I hope that's alright? Don't worry, I wiped my mess up so you wouldn't slip.

I found it hilarious that the dirty white 240sx parked near your group, Aristo, was not supposed to be there... or so I was told. He just didn't want to deal with parking. I looked around and saw all these luxury/high end cars, and then off to the end of the group was the dirtiest (inside and out) car... the owner was cool though.

GOoo "Rodeo" Kazama! There's nothing like the smell of tire rubber... and sometimes eating bits of it by accident when it flew into the crowds as we all cheered. Ahhh, great show.
Sorry I didn't get to meet you Zenki, between the booth where I was working at and the excitement of the drift competition I didn't get a chance to really hang-out near my car. I got to talk to John(JunctionGS) for a quick second, but then he had things to do as well. Anyways, if you're going to be at HIN, I'll be there and so will John.
Old 03-03-04, 06:42 AM
Lvangundy

Last year (not last year - there was no D1! ) was awesome, but didn't get to stay the whole time. I'd really love some sort of press pass to get near the track to take photos but I have no clue how to get one.

Not sure about this year...eh.

Last edited by Lvangundy; 03-08-04 at 08:08 AM.
Old 03-03-04, 12:03 PM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

I wish I could of stayed by the car to meet more people, but it was hard being it was a D1GP event and I really wanted to watch all the drifting. It was good meeting everyone that found me. Great stuff. Hopefully I can see some of you at HIN this weekend at the LA Convention Center...

D1GP was fun. I gotta thank Speed Alliance for allowing me to be a part of their booth. So if anyone wants any T&E Vertex stuff, give them a call. Sucks that the Vertex Soarer lost its streering rack and power steering during qualifyings. They even brought in a RHD front clip to salvage the steering rack and power steering pump. Pretty sick to watch them work on it. During the downtime, Ueno sat in my GS watching DVDs. He is a really nice guy.
Old 03-03-04, 04:18 PM
kirby122
Pole Position

Originally posted by JunctionGS
I wish I could of stayed by the car to meet more people, but it was hard being it was a D1GP event and I really wanted to watch all the drifting. It was good meeting everyone that found me. Great stuff. Hopefully I can see some of you at HIN this weekend at the LA Convention Center...

D1GP was fun. I gotta thank Speed Alliance for allowing me to be a part of their booth. So if anyone wants any T&E Vertex stuff, give them a call. Sucks that the Vertex Soarer lost its streering rack and power steering during qualifyings. They even brought in a RHD front clip to salvage the steering rack and power steering pump. Pretty sick to watch them work on it. During the downtime, Ueno sat in my GS watching DVDs. He is a really nice guy.
yeah.. i was really looking forward to seeing the vertex soarer run... i've seen videos and that thing sounds like a jet engine....maybe next year?
Old 03-03-04, 09:43 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

they have one of the d1 soarers sitting at the HKS parking lot....
Old 03-04-04, 02:23 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by meZoom!
they have one of the d1 soarers sitting at the HKS parking lot....
What.......no pics ?