Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Portland Area Anybody?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-04, 05:31 PM
single sho
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally, I will need more than a 4 to 10, one day thing in order to validate driving to Seattle. Don't get me wrong. The gasworks thing sounds fun, but to drive up just for that sounds silly to me. Now I would go up to powerbreak in your driveway and do dognuts in your yard during a BBQ on day 2. Yard darts and horseshoes anyone?

Seriously though, I think trying to organize something is cool. It just needs to be realistic for us out of towners to make it to. That gasworks thing is being organized on a Friday @ 4:00 pm. Most folks are working at that time and those that aren't will probably be just getting off work after being up for 8 to 10 hours already. To much open eye time for a jaunt to Seattle.

For me, I work weekends already. But I am willing to sacifice a little time off (waaaa) for a good get-together and meet like minded folks.

Single shot
Old 08-03-04, 06:55 PM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by single sho
http://www.icscc.com/

Here is something else we could consider. Check the novice racing program.

single shot
Only problem with doing the racing thing is that you guys would have to really talk me into racing the lexus....lol...i have a built track **** for that

check out my other baby...when she was still a daily driven street car that is...

Old 08-03-04, 10:55 PM
Dai Ca GQ
Driver

I live here in portland and might be able to make it if time permits.
Old 08-04-04, 08:15 AM
blk on blk
Lead Lap

Originally posted by single sho
Personally, I will need more than a 4 to 10, one day thing in order to validate driving to Seattle. Don't get me wrong.
I hear ya...thus the reason why I am trying to get some 'wheels turning' (and no to doing the doughnuts in my driveway )

We may even plan this event IN Portland so it is more central...just depends on too many things right now to say...
Old 08-04-04, 05:49 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dai Ca, you're the other guy i was trying to remember. keep you in mind for portland contacts
Old 08-04-04, 06:58 PM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

For the first meet I was thinking it would be small so we could just set up something simple like this:

Meet in the Hooters parking lot in Beaverton, hang out and talk for a while then go eat inside. Following the meal take a drive up 219 to Bald Peak State Park and take some pictures and hang out for a while.

How does that sound? If you can think of any place else to eat that would be cool too, I'm more partial to Izzys than I am to Hooters. But whatever you guys wanna do...

-Josh
Old 08-04-04, 07:44 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

something like that works for me. if everyone is over 21, and if you guys drink a little(since i'm against drinking), we could do this new Henry's Tavern place downtown. hell, if no, you guys should go there regardless. pretty pimpin place for Portland
Old 08-04-04, 07:46 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by b13gripper
I'm more partial to Izzys than I am to Hooters. But whatever you guys wanna do...

-Josh
agreed. hooters is too rowdy, and the one time i went there when it opened, them chicken wings were literally the worst i've ever had. hard to imagine a big place like that serving nasty wings(yes, the actual wing) but i guess the food isn't the attraction
Old 08-04-04, 08:45 PM
single sho
Driver

I'm there... Just set a date and I'll get the day off if it falls on a work day, but I will be there.

single shot

ps.. Izzy's would be my first choice. Gotta love their buffet, keeps me in shape (round shape that is).
Old 08-04-04, 10:55 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

i'm in 100%. and it won't be work day, or at least work hours. i'd vote for a friday evening outside traffic hour for a good start to a weekend, or a nice saturday afternoon. i guess it depends if you guys want a certain type of picture or place to eat.

fall in, portlanders
Old 08-04-04, 11:52 PM
skpark70
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by bravo261
i'm in 100%. and it won't be work day, or at least work hours. i'd vote for a friday evening outside traffic hour for a good start to a weekend, or a nice saturday afternoon. i guess it depends if you guys want a certain type of picture or place to eat.

fall in, portlanders
I'm in also, however I do work weekends (Day time) but Friday evening is definitely doable...

Thanks bravo for the pm...
Old 08-05-04, 12:23 AM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

Friday evening sounds good to me. I work 9-6 tues-sat.

How about Friday August 13th for the first official meet?

Id say this Friday but Im gonna be at the Motorcycle Safety Foundation training course form 6-9....

-Josh
Old 08-05-04, 12:57 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

friday the 13th(huh...) is good, and we gotta accommodate everybody, since each member is pretty significant here.

so, everybody good for the evening of the 13th?

count b13gripper, skpark70(quick!), and i in it seems. i'm hoping gentlebouncer gets out, cause his car is pretty nice. Single sho, Dai ca, retrodivot?
Old 08-05-04, 09:55 AM
single sho
Driver

The 13th is workable. Is there anything wrong with a Saturday? Less traffic, less folks working and more folks well rested...

Again, If Friday the 13th (I'll get a ticket that day, you watch) is the day we choose, then I will be there. No problem

single shot
Old 08-05-04, 12:21 PM
skpark70
Lexus Champion

Location?
Time?

Quick Reply: Portland Area Anybody?