Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Portland Area Anybody?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-04, 07:10 PM
single sho
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the directions. Spank you. I'll be there when I get there. If I leave @ 5 from Corvallis @ 93mph should put me in PTLD around 5:50 give or take 2 minutes.. That' will give me almost an hour at some non-descript strip joint before adjorning @ starbucks for a double shot chocolate mocha. I'll be the guy in a black baseball cap, acting dingy from lack of sleep, driving of all things, a silver Lexus IS300 completely bone stock except tint and that cool matching booster seat (i'll probably hide that booster seat, can't be cool with a booster seat). I look forward to meeting all of you. Oh, and I'll have a HUGE coffee mug oozing really bad coffee from work......... Oh and thanks for planning this on a Friday the 13th. If I get a ticket, my wife will kick my *** and you will all have to pull funds to pay for it

single shot
Old 08-07-04, 07:19 PM
single sho
Driver

b13gripper, great map.. i didn't know portland has an shopping center that's called "stores and ******"... One other thing.... SINGLE SHOT gets the BIGGEST PARKING SPOT !!!! No door dings yet

single shot

Last edited by single sho; 08-07-04 at 07:24 PM.
Old 08-08-04, 01:34 AM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

lol thanks I thought the map was awesome....

on the door ding subject....I had non when i bought my car like a month and a half ago...now i have 3..DAMNIT!!

Looking forward to meeting you guys, I'll be the big white kid with a tan/blue Von Dutch hat standing by the red sc300, cant miss me......

-Josh
Old 08-08-04, 02:38 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

woah, 3 dings? i've had my car nearly 3 years and i don't think i have a ding. i've had a scuff that was polished out, and other issues of my own doing, but no real dings. and i used to park with the crowd, but am slightly more careful now.

side-thought: who's bringing a date or significant other? i was all planning on mine, since we're conjoined, but there was some arrangement i didn't know about. like i'm skipping a CL meeting in oregon
Old 08-08-04, 05:16 AM
single sho
Driver

I'd bring the wife and kid along, but that will be late night and NOBODY likes a kid without sleep. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...!! I wish I could bring my "conjoined" (have to look that one up later)(must be like con-joined @ the hip?)

Anyways, I could spend hours raking over the bungholes who door ding others. I HATE THEM. I expecially HATE the people who just let their door ease open against another car and then proceed to bounce their *** up and down trying to get out of their seat... OH and the puckered feeling one gets when you see that FORD super duty 4 door long bed yacht parked next to you, when you purposely parked in out in left feild to avoid HIM/HER. ...... shiver...... bug-eyed shiver......

sorry little tangent.....

single shot... must work.
Old 08-08-04, 09:14 AM
markesc
Lead Lap

I can be there as well!! I don't get off of work until 8pm, but I'm sure I'll simply leave early to be there on time! I'll be driving from 185th/Walker rd.

So 7:30 PM on Friday the 13th, Beaverton starbucks!!

Count me in!
Old 08-08-04, 10:23 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by markesc
I can be there as well!! I don't get off of work until 8pm, but I'm sure I'll simply leave early to be there on time! I'll be driving from 185th/Walker rd.

So 7:30 PM on Friday the 13th, Beaverton starbucks!!

Count me in!]
alright, now you came out of nowhere. this is getting nice
Old 08-08-04, 01:50 PM
single sho
Driver

he didn't come out of nowhere, he came out of his mom....! How many we got COMMITTED to come now?

um....

single shot (oh, my name is Todd by the way)... committed
Bravo261
markesc
b13gripper (josh)
Dai Ca GQm (Trinh)
retrodivot (what's that mean anyway?)
skpark70
importfan

8 cars will be a nice incentive for future meets.

are we planning anything from starbucks? It'll be getting close to sunset, if someone had an area picked out that had a beautiful backdrop for a group pic, we could cruise over to that and get the pic. Or we could simple get a picture infront of this Starbucks and send it to their headquarters to see if they use it for something. ( I think I have too much time on my hands).

ps. I just pm'd 4 other folks from a different thread that were interested in a portland area meet some time ago. TLS, ivesgs400, pagong and lex3hun.

single shot

Last edited by single sho; 08-08-04 at 02:06 PM.
Old 08-08-04, 06:59 PM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

Nice to see your going to make it out markesc!

I might bring my female...all depends what she wants to do....

We could make it up to Bald Peak State Park for a nice picture if we left at like 7:50, cause thats only like a half hour drive from starbucks....anybody else know a good place for pictures?
Old 08-08-04, 08:21 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

I thinking Dai Ca and retrodivot aren't able to make it, unless you've had other chats with them. i'm thinking gentlebouncer will make it for a little bit, or at least come out and skip the drive/dinner/what-are-we-doing.

are you guys up for some food? as previously mentioned, izzy's is right there. we can make it a game-time decision, but i say we all eat something, cause some of us will have arrived without a chance to eat.

and where is this state park? cause we definitely gotta do a quick drive and pictures

Originally posted by single sho
How many we got COMMITTED to come now?

um....

single shot (oh, my name is Todd by the way)... committed
Bravo261
markesc
b13gripper (josh)
Dai Ca GQm (Trinh)
retrodivot (what's that mean anyway?)
skpark70
importfan

8 cars will be a nice incentive for future meets.

are we planning anything from starbucks? It'll be getting close to sunset, if someone had an area picked out that had a beautiful backdrop for a group pic, we could cruise over to that and get the pic. Or we could simple get a picture infront of this Starbucks and send it to their headquarters to see if they use it for something. ( I think I have too much time on my hands).

ps. I just pm'd 4 other folks from a different thread that were interested in a portland area meet some time ago. TLS, ivesgs400, pagong and lex3hun.

single shot
Old 08-08-04, 08:43 PM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

Bad Peak State Park is up farmington to the end, take a left, your first right, go a way down that road and your there....I always take pictures of my cars there...its a nice spot

And IZZYS IS THE FOOD PLAN!!! MMMMMMMMMM

Last edited by CLNSC3; 08-08-04 at 08:44 PM.
Old 08-10-04, 02:50 PM
markesc
Lead Lap

Sounds fun! I'll be there!!!!!!!!
Old 08-11-04, 01:18 PM
single sho
Driver

no messages back from the 4 folks I PM's last week. I've got the car about half clean, trying to get the hard water spots off my windows this afternoon, oil changed, tires rotated (and cleaned inside and out) a little 303 on the black stuff, inside of the windows clean this evening and vacuumed.

I ordered a Colgan bra Monday after touching up all the rock chips that I've aquired since I bought this car. I'm pretty amazed at the amount of rock chips the last two cars I've owned have gotten. Makes me wonder about the paint they are using now days. My wifes toyota truck is the same way.. chip after chip...

See ya all Friday @ 7:30 @ starbucks. I'll probably be there early also, I never know what time to leave to account for traffic, but better early than late....

Todd
Old 08-11-04, 05:27 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

don't make traffic a big concern, cause it can't be too bad by the time you go through the areas. but i gotta get to gentlebouncer very soon...otherwise, see all you guys there! sweeeeet
Old 08-11-04, 09:05 PM
single sho
Driver

OH how so true... got this from my mom this evening.

Life is all about ***;
you're either covering it, laughing it off,
kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it,
or behaving like one.

Todd

Quick Reply: Portland Area Anybody?