Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Portland Area Anybody?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-04, 12:43 AM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Portland Area Anybody?

Anybody around Portland? I'm in Beaverton, I'm thinking we need to organize a meet!
Old 07-14-04, 11:01 AM
single sho
Driver

I'm just south of you in Corvallis... We had a guy not to long ago saying he was going to organize a meet there in the "tri-city" area, but never came through. I am more than willing to head north for a get-together. I'm even willing to take some time off work to do it.

single shot
04' IS300

tint and a matching booster chair.....
Old 07-14-04, 11:33 AM
LS007
Lead Lap

Why not head north and join us in Seattle on Aug. 13th?

Last edited by LS007; 07-15-04 at 09:50 AM.
Old 07-29-04, 12:31 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know there are three SCs in east portland that i've talked to over PM. sparky70 or something and a few others. gentlebouncer is up in the west hills with a pimp car, and CSHFLW, before he was banned, was one of the most modded GSs on CL and lived in corvallis/tualatin.

b13gripper, would you be the red SC i've been seeing on Scholls for the past week? looked slightly modded
Old 07-29-04, 09:18 AM
single sho
Driver

It would be nice for someone to organize something in the Portland area. The Seattle thing it too far for a 6 hour get together. I can be in Portland in just over an hour.

I'm in for a meeting place then a group cruise to some other place for dinner and drinks.

Something else I wanted to add. 5, 6 or 7 folks is a start. We don't need a parking lot full to get started. I will do some checking into the Eugene area. They have several car clubs down there + a Lexus dealership. Lots of stockers running the area (stocker would be me also). I will check and see if they have a postable web site and see if there are any interested Lexus folks looking to get together.

single shot

Last edited by single sho; 07-29-04 at 09:27 AM.
Old 07-29-04, 10:10 AM
single sho
Driver

Just check the Emerald Empire Sports Car Club's web site. It appears that they are directly oriented around auto-cross and hill climbs. Not my mug of beer (so to speak).

Has anyone called the Lexus there in Beaverton (that's where I bought mine) and checked to see if they have any information on active clubs in the area. I was supprised when I called them after I bought my car for a new part that a tinting shop had pooched and found that they keep an active list of repair and modification shops that are recommended and those that are not. I added the tinting shop to NOT recommended.

Anyways... they may have info on a group that is active in our area.

single shot
Old 07-29-04, 06:41 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

a nice little meet here would be nice. and 5 or six isn't a start, but a near miracle in my book. i'll call lexus of portland and ask if there's a list at all...

i bought mine at kendall lexus and they complimented my "l-sporttuned" car. cute...
Old 07-29-04, 09:36 PM
single sho
Driver

life is like that... 20 people say, "that sounds cool, I'll be there"... and 4 show. The place I work is the same way... we USE to try and organize paintball matches and we constantly had the same 4 or 5 folks showing with 15 or more saying they'd be there. Last time we decided that we'd lie and tell them we needed a $10 per person deposit.. asked the same 15 or so people and actually got 7 to show with 11 giving us a deposit (non-refundable of course)... We ended up playing for real cheap that day... lol...

If there is an event calander for Portland on-line, find an outdoor event that has beer and food and a large parking area (so we can park the two cars together...lol)... and we'll go get some beer and eats.. Once it starts we should be able to get at least one other to join. I think three constitutes a car club. Hell, maybe we could talk Beaverton Lexus into detailing our cars for us for free... gotta love that grease they use to make your tires shiny.....
Old 07-30-04, 01:11 AM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by bravo261

b13gripper, would you be the red SC i've been seeing on Scholls for the past week? looked slightly modded
Thats gotta be me haha I go down schools a good 8 times a day! Between work(beaverton honda yamaha) my female and other random things I have to drive down that damn road all the time!

Look familiar?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you drive the black GS?

-Josh
Old 07-30-04, 11:49 AM
retrodivot
Driver School Candidate

Just purchased my 02 GS up at PDX-LEX, so it's still all stock. Can you guys recommend a good tinter out in Hillsboro/Beav.?
Old 07-30-04, 02:32 PM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by retrodivot
Just purchased my 02 GS up at PDX-LEX, so it's still all stock. Can you guys recommend a good tinter out in Hillsboro/Beav.?
I got mine done at Alexia Auto Glass off of canyon road, across from car suzuki. They did an amazing job! Highly reccomended...

-Josh
Old 08-03-04, 12:57 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by b13gripper
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you drive the black GS?

-Josh
Bingo
Old 08-03-04, 07:11 AM
single sho
Driver

So anyone got a plan or idea for a meet?.... We don't need much of a plan, just a meeting place and place to cruise over to (preferably someplace that serves food and drink and has some sort of entertainment)(food is optional).

http://www.cascadescc.com/

This is a local (local to portland) car club. They have a monthly scheduled timed rally each month. August rally is the 20th. They have all the rules and regulations. $20.00 for non-members. This is not a race. They have times that each car must reach each check point. Getting to each check point early or late constitutes penalty points.

Each car needs a pilot (duuu) and a navigator....

Here is the bummer... if you get a ticket, you get disqualified... kinda like double penalty.....

anyways... sounds like fun

single shot
Old 08-03-04, 07:16 AM
single sho
Driver

http://www.icscc.com/

Here is something else we could consider. Check the novice racing program.

single shot
Old 08-03-04, 09:36 AM
blk on blk
Lead Lap

Originally posted by single sho
It would be nice for someone to organize something in the Portland area. The Seattle thing it too far for a 6 hour get together.
Very true....but what would bring you guys up here? An 'over-nighter'...drive up in the morning and all day thing? What would be incentive? Hopefully we can collaborate OR, WA and maybe even N. Cal & ID and get some sort of larger event happening. "If you build it...they will come."

Quick Reply: Portland Area Anybody?