Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Ideas for a Seattle meet

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-04, 02:00 PM
blk on blk
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ideas for a Seattle meet???

Hey guys/gals...I was trying to gather ideas of what YOU thought would be a good idea for a meet. What types of things would you want? Just show up? BBQ? Go-karts? Road-trip? Day on the water? DJ's (and if so what kind of music?) Lets get some input rolling through so we can get something BIG going! I can search for different venues...well, we ALL can. I do have a hook-up for DJ's as well as equipment as I run a productions company as a second job. I would love to get a large event happening!

Last edited by blk on blk; 07-22-04 at 02:49 PM.
Old 07-22-04, 03:17 PM
silkiechic
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I say we start off the first meet with a simple BBQ at a home or maybe... a lake or at the water like Alki beach. Or maybe somehwere with parking. Wouldn't it be cool to fill the parking lot of a bubble tea place with lexi in the afternoon? Hmmmm... the options....

Then, if it's saturday, we can all roll down to cost cutter in ghetto called Everett and show up the highschoolers who think they are all that with their Hondas. No offence to the fans of late 80's early 90's hondas, thoes who live in everett, or thoes who are high schoolers.
Old 07-22-04, 03:20 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Well, a few threads down, we have talked about an August 13th meet at Gasworks. We can meet there, get some good pics, and from there, I'm not sure. I think someone may have put it on the CL calender too, so if Aug. 13th is still cool with everyone, I say let's stick to that date.

James
Old 07-22-04, 06:55 PM
silkiechic
Lead Lap

I'll be there at the gasworks thing, just wondering if there are any other suggestions for future meets and stuff
Old 07-23-04, 12:13 PM
blk on blk
Lead Lap

Originally posted by jet864
Well, a few threads down, we have talked about an August 13th meet at Gasworks. We can meet there, get some good pics, and from there, I'm not sure. I think someone may have put it on the CL calender too, so if Aug. 13th is still cool with everyone, I say let's stick to that date.

James
I hear ya there and I was not trying to switch dates or take the place of anything... like silkie said....just looking for future events I think the 13th @ Gas Works would be a great opportunity to meet some others and discuss ideas and what not...unfortunately I am unable to attend...so I was hoping to get some wheels turning to produce some ideas.
Old 07-23-04, 08:54 PM
Dai Ca GQ
Driver

Gasworks is a nice place to meet up. Alki is another place for a meet and a BBQ. I was there on July 4th and there were a couple of car crews there. There is a parking lot there where it will be perfect for a meet and also to take pictures with the Seattle downtown skyline in the background. (Clublexus Photo Contest?)
Old 07-25-04, 09:29 PM
single sho
Driver

Speaking for myself... It would be more of an incentive to drive from Eugene Or. up to Seattle for a two day drunk, rather than a 4 to 10 one day thing. The Gasworks thing could happen Friday and if blk on blk wants to put up with us doing cookies in his yard on Saturday, that would be cool also.

I'm also not trying to change any dates, but I've checked the event calander and nothing has been set in stone as of yet... Nothing wrong with a two day deal either. Besides, most folks have to work Friday anyways. If you throw in a Saturday, you might find a few more folks willing to make the trip.

Single Shot
04' IS300
Illuminated scuff plates
Metal tint
and a matching booster seat for my kid.
Old 07-26-04, 02:00 AM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

I wouldnt mind coming up from Portland if its going to be a good meet! For me it has to be a Sunday thing though...
Old 07-26-04, 09:16 AM
blk on blk
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

Originally posted by single sho
Speaking for myself... It would be more of an incentive to drive from Eugene Or. up to Seattle for a two day drunk, rather than a 4 to 10 one day thing. The Gasworks thing could happen Friday and if blk on blk wants to put up with us doing cookies in his yard on Saturday, that would be cool also.
Great points! Naw...I am not attempting to change any dates...I think the gas works meet would be a great one to attened...unfortunately for myself...I will be on the one vacation I am really taking this year before I get married...so I won't be able to attend . I am a part of another car club and they have done a couple camping trips this year...not sure if anyone would want to camp/hotel it/cabins this summer but we could look into something like that. The purpose of this thread was to get some ideas out there...and thanks to all of your input it's begining to work!
Old 07-26-04, 09:30 AM
silkiechic
Lead Lap

hmmm.... overtaking a krispy kreme parking lot seems like fun. What the heck, taking over any parking lot with lexi woud be tight!
Old 07-27-04, 01:00 PM
NoS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by silkiechic
hmmm.... overtaking a krispy kreme parking lot seems like fun. What the heck, taking over any parking lot with lexi woud be tight!
Yeah that would be fun, their is one here at Tacoma by the Tacoma Mall and every Monday Honda's meet their... A BBQ would be fun and dont forget we need to invite some chicks

Last edited by NoS; 07-27-04 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-27-04, 01:37 PM
silkiechic
Lead Lap

and dont forget we need to invite some chicks
look at my name...

girls can like cars too
Name is from my obsession with raising chickens and selling real farm fresh eggs though. (Silkie's Farm)
A silkie is a type of chicken originated from Asia and the name is shortened becaue I couldn't fit in "silkiechicken"
Old 07-27-04, 02:14 PM
blk on blk
Lead Lap

Originally posted by silkiechic
look at my name...

girls can like cars too
Name is from my obsession with raising chickens and selling real farm fresh eggs though. (Silkie's Farm)
A silkie is a type of chicken originated from Asia and the name is shortened becaue I couldn't fit in "silkiechicken"
This would have to be the most interesting fact I have learned today!
Old 07-28-04, 10:51 AM
Pagong
Lexus Test Driver

Ive always wanted to do go karting...but a BBQ is always nice...

Is it okay to bring a stock car to this meet? My car isnt done yet Parts are still coming in one by one..
Old 07-28-04, 10:58 AM
silkiechic
Lead Lap

See no problem in bringing a stock car in. Haven't added anything except new oil and coolant to my car since I got it. Becides it's a Lexus. It's nice even if it is stock.

Quick Reply: Ideas for a Seattle meet