Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Portland Area Meet In September

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-04, 10:49 AM
single sho
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

otay, I listed the meet on the original thread with a list of folks planning on coming.

We've got half that originally posted on the first meet thread. Retrodivot, Dai Ca GQ, Importfan and N1kegal are all absent at this point.

I NEED PHONE #'s to truely pester people. It's too easy to ignore me over internet......!!! I will pm the silent people this afternoon AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN !!!!

Oh, this is going to sound a bit ignorant, but this is at the Portland Race track, correct? If so, we should post a map (for me mainly :-) ) and then a meeting place either at the track or a place near there.

For those who cannot go to track, but still want to meet.. PLEASE PM me and I will pm you my cell phone # for you to call when you are ready to meet. That way you can reach us at anytime and be able find us.

ps... to all those who are ignoring my pm's.....

single shot

Last edited by single sho; 09-02-04 at 11:33 AM.
Old 09-02-04, 06:10 PM
single sho
Driver

ImportFan....coolio.. That's Seven....

I just installed a second se of PIAA LED's. This set replaced the incandescents for the rear license plate. They don't produce as much as the OEMs but they look good.

I know, they are no HID's. But hey, it's something cheap until my wife opens up the check book for me again.

single shot

Last edited by single sho; 09-02-04 at 06:22 PM.
Old 09-02-04, 09:03 PM
markesc
Lead Lap

Aight then!

My cell is 503.453.2607 Tmobile incase you have free mobile to mobile.

I'll be in Canada next week BC/Alberta, but should make it back for the meet. This is at P.I.R. Right??

Chris
Old 09-03-04, 09:40 AM
single sho
Driver

Dai Ca GQ replied to my pm. He will be in Seattle until the 14th, which sucks. Day late for our meet. He will let us know if his plans change. I will also pm him my cell # incase he makes it back to town earlier.

Oh, I also added the meet to the "events Calender". Does anyone really check that thing? I never have.

Todd

Oh, here is my cell # 541.914.0428

Last edited by single sho; 09-03-04 at 09:57 AM.
Old 09-07-04, 08:54 PM
single sho
Driver

Getting close now, somebody want to make a meeting place and time for the Ferrari meet?

Todd
Old 09-08-04, 03:40 PM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

11:45 at the Burger King by PIR...

sound good?
Old 09-08-04, 06:44 PM
single sho
Driver

I'm there. 11:45 @ bugger king, sadly enough I ate there today. I might add it wasn't done my way and I highly discourage anyone from eating their "angus" burger.

I'll pack the hats and shirts up, along with the camera. I haven't heard from N1gal, so I guess she won't be going. Too bad, I was hoping to have another IS in the crowd.

Does anyone have any aftermarket sway bars on their car? I was checking into the Hotchkis over the past few weeks. I'm deeply considering their stuff. I want sways and coil overs before I get the new wheels and tires.

single shot
Old 09-08-04, 11:43 PM
Dai Ca GQ
Driver

It looks like you guys would have a great turnout. Too bad I can't make it in time.

kspark70... I believe I've seen your car a couple times going up on Sandy Blvd from the offramp. I would say that your wheels are beautiful. If you ever think about selling them, be sure to let me know.
Old 09-09-04, 01:46 PM
skpark70
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Dai Ca GQ
It looks like you guys would have a great turnout. Too bad I can't make it in time.

kspark70... I believe I've seen your car a couple times going up on Sandy Blvd from the offramp. I would say that your wheels are beautiful. If you ever think about selling them, be sure to let me know.
I think Ive seen you too... Your in a black GS, I take the Sandy blvd to beat the traffic.
Thanks for the compliment but my Gettins will stay with me for long long time. I need to rechrome it though.
Old 09-09-04, 02:43 PM
single sho
Driver

That brings reminds me, skpark70 did you notice anything increase with your denso plugs. I saw an add for them, listing them @ $35.00 each.

In highschool I started running the bosch platinum plugs (new to market at the time) in my 56 baja because they withstood the heat that was being produced at the heads. Even though they were almost $10.00 bucks a pop, they were worth every penny. Course I only needed 4.

Wanna hear a funny story about that baja? (tough ****, gunna hear it anyway)

This was a 1956 VW baja with a built to the nuts 1776 cc engine, rough guess would have been 120hp or so. I had the tranny built for offroad and highway use, so 1st and 2nd were set up for off road, there was only about 700rmp difference when I shifted (baja's needed speed to make it though the mud). 3rd and 4th were highway gears. So in town I was either running high RPMs or I was bogging. I almost never had a reverse gear. I had it replaced twice (little tiny brass gear that stripped all the time, always park in pull through spots)... oh ya story

Northbound I-5 exit @ Roseburg (home stomping ground) making some serious speed, I was running dual pipes with no baffles (sand rail pipes) and I knew the kids waiting for the buses at school could hear me roaring down that offramp so I dropped it into second from 4th to really let it scream when I hear this POP when one of those $10.00 platinum plugs along with my custom cut 8mm Accel sparkplug wires fly off the engine. So much for roaring. Come to find out, when the guy worked the heads over, he installed helixcoil for all the plugs. Obviously this one wasn't done right.

It took me 20 minutes to find that plug and wire (both of which were reused, a little dirt never hurt). I had the head redone and was on the road before dinner. Gotta love those VW's.

I broke my throttle cable one time when we were mudding, so I yanked my speaker wires out of the car, tied them all together and ran it out the window to the carb and ran the throttle with my hand all the back to town (friggin hand was frozen with I got back, but WE DIDN'T WALK, that was bragging rights back then).

See ya all soon.

Todd
Old 09-09-04, 03:07 PM
skpark70
Lexus Champion

Hey Todd,

My SC came with stock Denso Platinum sparkplugs . Also rest of the ignition system was made by Denso, so I stay with Denso line. Far as performance other than a little smoother idle, I noticed no overall increase in the car.

If I remember correctly I only paid $12.50 each from online vendor but don't remember the vendors name. I'm sure you'll be able to locate online vendor that charge a lot less than $35 each.

See you at the meet.
Old 09-09-04, 03:18 PM
skpark70
Lexus Champion

Todd,

I just remembered I purchase Denso from LTB motorsports here is the link,
http://www.ltbmotorsport.com/densoik165303.html
Old 09-09-04, 07:32 PM
single sho
Driver

Thanks... I might be looking into them for my next scheduled maint.

Todd
Old 09-11-04, 04:55 AM
single sho
Driver

quote:
ImportFAN My S2000 has em stock

Ya, well my car came with, um.... a back seat......!

Looks like it will be raining up there Monday. I assure you, I will be there at Bugger King @ 11:45 rain or shine (their angus burger sux, I'll call it their anus burger, so if somebody does order it, that's what they'll think about)

I should be in Beaverton (g-pa's house) by 9:00 or so. My phone # is on this thread, so if anyone wants to call me and say HELLO, feel free.

Todd

Last edited by single sho; 09-11-04 at 07:30 PM.
Old 09-12-04, 12:17 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where the hell have i been?

11:45...i just found out there's a thing at work where i'm schedules until 11:00, so chances are i'll be late. if all hell breaks loose, there's a tiny chance i might not be able to go, and that'll just bite me real hard in the *** to miss a ferrari/CL meet.

Quick Reply: Portland Area Meet In September