Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Portland Area Meet In September

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-04, 02:30 PM
single sho
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Portland Area Meet In September

Thought I'd start a new thread for a September meet there in the Portland area. Karen Knutson delivered on the 12 hats and a bonus of 13 Team Lexus t-shirts. The t-shirts are from the 9-11,2004 IS430 race. So a big ole THANKS to Karen out of Portland Lexus for the donation to our group.

So now the question... Does anyone want to do another meet there in Portland after this frigging storm blows over?

Single shot
Old 08-25-04, 05:24 PM
skpark70
Lexus Champion

Yeah, the weather sucks but you can count me in...
Old 08-25-04, 05:42 PM
single sho
Driver

Listing names for a September Ferrari track day.

Looks like the date is Monday September 13. We'll be gathering at the burger king there by PIR @ 11:45. From there off to PIR to admire some Ferraris for a couple hours. Marksc and I have offered up our cell #'s further into this thread for a contact person incase you won't make it till later. Just give us a call and we'll let you know where we are at so you can meet up with us. After PIR we'll head someplace to chill till dinner, then we'll find a place to cruise to. Please call us at anytime during the day if you want to join up with us.

So there is a dual opportunity for everyone. If you cannot make the race, then make it later for a dinner/cruise or cruise/dinner.

1. skpark70
2. single shot
3. b13gripper
4. markesc
5. bravo 261
6. importfan
7. ?

voice up on this thread and I'll add your name.

single shot

Last edited by single sho; 09-09-04 at 06:22 AM.
Old 08-25-04, 07:25 PM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

Me me me!
Old 08-26-04, 02:56 PM
single sho
Driver

bravo has a Ferrari meet his looking into, maybe we could get something going around that. I'd be into taking some time off again (I don't much care for work anyways) to go to something.

Bravo, post the time and date and I'll pm everyone with the info and see what kind of response we get from everyone.

single shot
Old 08-27-04, 07:24 PM
markesc
Lead Lap

When? Where? What time?

Sundays/Mondays work best for me, or sat nights after 5pm....
Old 08-30-04, 09:18 PM
single sho
Driver

I work weekends, (friday, saturday, sunday and every other monday 12 hour shift). BUTT, I'm flexible (see I can touch my toes). I'll miss a little work to hang out. So any time is good for me.

single shot
'04 lexus
Old 08-30-04, 10:32 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

count me in for sure.

the ferrari track day is monday, september 13th. i recall a few people saying they'll be able to make it, so if i can confirm who will go, i'll take half-day off and come out. we'll hang around there and find some food afterwards, then go for a twilight drive somewhere. i'll get tips from street bikers on good roads. anybody got a valentine 1?
Old 08-31-04, 12:38 AM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah Im down for the Ferrari thing...and dont worry I know all the good roads around here
Old 08-31-04, 07:38 AM
single sho
Driver

I'm there, I just need a time and a place to meet ya all at. Nothing better than hitting the roads after watching a car race.

Bravo, if we knew what time this thing gets over, we could probably get a couple more folks to meet us at a restaurant afterwards. Then we could eat and go for a drive.

Todd

Last edited by single sho; 08-31-04 at 07:47 AM.
Old 08-31-04, 09:41 AM
skpark70
Lexus Champion

I have Mondays off so count me in...
Old 08-31-04, 10:36 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

its scheduled to end at 4pm, but i'm guessing the crowd kinda clears after lunch, so the best bet is to watch the fun before then. i think i'll make it out right around noon. don't know what is a good filler activity otherwise. or we could just watch until around 2 and head out for food and relax until more people get off work and get a drive in.

gripper, i like a good road, but not looking to stuff my car into the side of a hill, so nothing crazy like your ditch excursions
Old 08-31-04, 07:31 PM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

lol well ive been in a ditch on almost every road ive ever driven...but I have on in mind. If you want call me up and I can show it to you before the meet, so then we can decide if its appropriate
Old 08-31-04, 07:41 PM
single sho
Driver

I'll bring the rope to pull you back out... you don't worry about a thing... ditch, curb or center median... a rope will get you out......

Hopefully some more folks chime in before too long. I pm'd everyone that had posted on the other thread, so we'll see. I'm off that monday so I can be up there any time you choose and I can crash at my Grandpa's house there off sunset highway (can remember the name of the exit, seems like it was carinthian or something like that). So where ever the cruise'n takes us is good for me.

todd
Old 09-01-04, 09:27 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

so single shot will be able to stick around a bit longer this time. nice...

how's about you get a list of who's going on the original post, so that more people are inclined to go given a relatively good turnout for us. hell, ferraris on a track? what's the holdup?!?

Quick Reply: Portland Area Meet In September