Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

its all over...totaled =/

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-07, 10:51 PM
cambo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default its all over...totaled =/

hey guys on december 17th...as i was leaving steele street from the tacoma mall...2 girls, 1-16, 1-15, basically "stole" a family friends car to take get some ice cream...as they were trying to cross the street into the les schwab parking lot, they ran the stop sign and smashed my front passanger side...they then tried to flee away, and we cut them off behind the les schwab parking lot, where they THEN begged and pleaded for my friend and I NOT to call the police because they didnt have a license, permit, nor insurance, and the fact that the car was "stolen". so mad as i was told them to SHUT THE **** UP, and police came, towed my car to my house, arrested them both for grand theft auto, and threw a hefty $6500 ticket their ways. insruance decalred my car totaled because it needed a new front bumper, passanger fedner, headlight, fog light, lip, and i think they broke an axle and screwed up my brakes. so my insurance is only giving me $5700 because they asid 134k miles on a 92' is alot?....so now im in the market for 1.) 240sx, 2.) impreza 2.5rs (too hard to find in that price range), 3.) MR2 turbo (not so hard to find, but afraid of getting injured in a head on collision ) ...ill tryan post some pics of damages, but for now you guys are by far the best forum ive been on!!

- chris
Old 01-06-07, 11:11 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

chris, we have a sweet black 92 sc300 down here for sale in AZ. Check out the classifieds section.
Old 01-07-07, 12:39 AM
Woogie
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow. Dang, Chris. Glad to hear you're okay. I don't know what kids are thinking these days. Do you live in Tacoma by any chance? I'm sure you've heard this, but last week Foss had that crazy shooting go down. Sketch things happen down there, man. Again, glad you're okay.

-Bernard.
Old 01-07-07, 02:08 PM
cambo
Rookie

thanks man, nah i live in federal way, but yea i heard about the shooting at foss...i think what kids my age are doing now are really dumb. an how the shooting wont give his motive either..its a shame.
Old 01-07-07, 02:13 PM
cambo
Rookie

also...do any of you guys have experience with mr2's?...i like the whole idea of mid engine for handling reasons, and its a little different from what everyone else is modifying...but is their much room in the cockpit though its a 2seat t-top?
Old 01-07-07, 02:31 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

If you're tall... Don't get an MR2. I'm 6'4" and I can't fit in them at all.
Old 01-07-07, 04:58 PM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

Mine was totalled a few months ago, it sucks but youll get through it!
Old 01-07-07, 07:21 PM
cambo
Rookie

hmm.im 5'9 an im 16 so i got a little bit of growing to go...i dont think an mr2 will be practical enough for me due to the fact i need something with more room to fit my bags for school and sports. 240 is lookin nice..maybe a KA-T set up similar to my buddy Q's
Old 01-07-07, 07:48 PM
Splatsc300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cambo
2.) impreza 2.5rs (too hard to find in that price range), 3.) MR2 turbo (not so hard to find, but afraid of getting injured in a head on collision ) ...ill tryan post some pics of damages, but for now you guys are by far the best forum ive been on!!

- chris
2.5 would be sweet.. I use to have one.. love it and miss it..
Old 01-07-07, 10:06 PM
mrkenji
Lexus Champion

why not another sc3? all those cars you listed aside from the 2.5 RS sound like downgrades..
Old 01-07-07, 10:32 PM
Woogie
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrkenji
why not another sc3? all those cars you listed aside from the 2.5 RS sound like downgrades..
look out for the wrath of NOS and his NA-T lol
Old 01-07-07, 11:05 PM
206bruce
Rookie

Which insurance company you go through? I got ripped off by my insurance company in my last accident. Did they use Kelley Blue Book for that $5700 figure? Tell them to find you another SC for that price...
Old 01-07-07, 11:41 PM
DriftNsc3
Lexus Champion

the 2.5 RS is the Imprze right? How is that an upgrade? its a 2.5 N/A awd so 4 dr. Maybe I'm missing something. Also the 99-02 impreza had major tranny problems. Just thought I'd let you know. IMO, get another SC and be happy again.
Old 01-08-07, 01:00 AM
Reyngel
Lead Lap

Glad you're okay man, damn. Did you tell the cops that they tried to flee the scene, too?

Hopefully they won't be driving for at least another five years.
Old 01-08-07, 08:57 PM
cambo
Rookie

well...the other cars were just options im jsut seeing whats all out there...and as for legal actions ive talked to our lawyer who is probably the best in the state, and the mom just filed for bankruptcy, so he doesnt think we can get MUCH if ANY out of them...maybe have them sell their like 93' ford taurus? iono haha. but im looking at many cars, just expanding a little. if i return to lexus, id probably wanna do a VIP project with either gen GS...maybe work an have my parents take out a loan on a newish one and pay them as they pay for the car...not sure what will happen.

Last edited by cambo; 01-08-07 at 09:06 PM.

Quick Reply: its all over...totaled =/