Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.
View Poll Results: Which
Central (Local campus here)!
66.67%
Central (Ellensburg Campus)
0%
Washington State (Pullman Campus)
33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Need some advice friends... Central Washington or Washington State?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-07, 11:31 AM
NoS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need some advice friends... Central Washington or Washington State?

Last edited by NoS; 05-24-07 at 08:58 AM.
Old 01-18-07, 04:13 PM
DemonIS300
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm going to WSU for business marketing and management this fall coming up
Old 01-18-07, 05:37 PM
Woogie
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nos,

Is UW an option? If not UW, what about WWU? Being n Business Administration major as well (@ SPU), I think it's smart to stay in an area that could possibly give you more opportunities for internships, mentorships, and apprenticeships. When i think of business, i think of a metropolis. Big cities have lots of businesses. Experience + degree definitely trumps degree by itself.

Between the two, however, i'd choose WSU.
Old 01-19-07, 10:30 AM
Woogie
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NoS
+ I'm thinking of checking out SPU. I have a friend there earning a masters.
SPU is an amazing school.

Most business majors from SPU always graduate with a well paying job at a well known firm. The School of Business and Economics keeps in touch with many alums who they call a few times a year to come have lunch with the SBE students. SBE students get to speak to the alums (many are big execs) to ask questions and to, hopefully, land a possible internships or even a job. SBE also helps their students find internships in all kinds of fields.

My friend Chris interned with the Mariners last spring as a business major.

My friend's brother graduated from SPU a few years ago. He interned with the sonics and today he's some big marketing exec.

SBE aside, the Profs are here to not only teach, but to build a friendship with you. I have professors who have invited me to dinner at their house in the past to get to know me and for me to get to know their family. I also have profs who shoot me an email and invite me to star bucks or jamba juice. Your profs become your friends.

You should definitely consider SPU as a prospect. It gets a little expensive and you probably won't have any money for mods , but it is definitely worth the investment.
Old 01-19-07, 04:14 PM
Woogie
Lexus Champion

Here is the link to the business major requirements page.
http://spu.edu/acad/UGCatalog/20067/...sColleges/SBE/

Here is the requirements page for getting an accounting degree http://spu.edu/acad/UGCatalog/20067/...T&path=MAJACCT

Here is the actual SPU School of Business and Economics webpage
http://www.spu.edu/depts/sbe/

The main requirement for admissions for SBE is GPA of at least 2.7. I'm not quite sure how this works for transfer students, however. Contact Dr. Ross E. Stewart for more information. I think he is the head accounting major guy for SBE. He's a really cool guy with a sweet australian accent. I have him for financial accounting and he is super helpful and real easy to talk to. He can answer any questions you may have. 206-281-2900

Be sure to check out this link to see which classes will transfer and which class will not.
http://www.spu.edu/depts/sas/transferguide05.asp

Hope this helps, Nos.
Old 01-21-07, 01:54 PM
skpark70
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NoS
I've thought of UW and applied last night. Problem is I'm not sure I'll get in. I'm not a 4.0 student and have heard they are very selective... stupid past mistakes
Yes, I also had a hard time getting in... friend of my had 3.8 but didn't get accepted. But for me I had 3.7 but I've interned at Deloitte & Touche and my boss wrote an awesome recommandation letter that got me accepted...

Back to my friend he transferred to SU and after graduating we were making about the same amount of $$.
Old 01-21-07, 10:15 PM
Woogie
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NoS
Wow THANKS Woogie for all the help!

Looks like I've got done and can transfer: Principles of Microeconomics, Principles of Macroeconomics, Legal Environment of Business, Managerial Accounting, Financial Accounting... so about 25-30 credits. My GPA is above the requirement and I have a sophomore standing so I've made all the requirements.

We'll see what they say along with UW.
That's about pretty close to where I currently stand in my business degree.

People get pretty freaked out about the price that they think they'll have to spend to go here, but private schools are more likely than public schools to help you out with the finances where ever possible, believe it or not. It is costing me less to go here than it would cost me to attend UW.

It definitely doesn't hurt to apply. I'm sure you'll get in, Nos.
Old 01-21-07, 10:17 PM
Woogie
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NoS
Did your friend try to reapply for a different quarter?
Most schools are easier to get in during winter quarter. I am not sure about the logic behind that, but that's the way it's always worked out for some odd reason. During admission for fall quarter, I think they save the spots for athletes, foreign non-US-residence kids, minorities (affirmative action), and AP/Honors kids. haha that's just my guess though.
Old 01-22-07, 03:26 PM
blk on blk
Lead Lap

Cool My .02

- and it's truly not worth a penny more as if you know me, you know that me & school don't jive, thus my opinion is only that: opinion.

Central - lived 1 block away from the college for a year, party down, small town, everyone knows most everyone. Easy to get from one end to the other in about 5 minutes - walking. Nice feel of a town, many things to do actually for a small town. It's somewhat of a 2nd home to myself - but not sure if it's really a NoS place to go, then again, it could be depending on what you were looking for. When I had THOUGHT about going to College, that's where I was going to go for their law enforcement program.

Pullman - Never been there, hear many things, even had the joy of having to deal with certain things in regards to Pullman. Probably a really fun/great place to go, my personal 'issues' have nothing to do with the school, but I have dealt with just too much drama myself to have a good opinion about it

Central (local) - Local, what more REALLY needs to be said?

Seriously though, it really depends on you. Are you ready for a change? If so, move, if not, stay.

Oh - if you wanted my opinion about the school itself, that would be completely worthless as I have never been to any.
Old 02-10-07, 09:43 AM
LXBOY
Driver

Default Cwu

I graduated from CWU IN accounting program. They have Accounting, Business and Law programs at the local campus. It is a good school. Instructors are very good and have lots of experience.
Old 02-10-07, 01:00 PM
solo_stage
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

come to UW and play with me for spring quarter before i transfer =]