Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Clutch Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-07, 12:05 AM
rushmore9
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Replacement

Hey guys...

So my clutch is slipping and it gave me an excuse to upgrade. Just got the Centerforce Dual Friction kit in today...

My usual do-it-in-his-own-garage mechanic wants 350 to install it, but I just feel more comfortable if it was performed in a regular shop with more than one guy to help out.

So anyone have ideas on where to go, what your experiences were like and what the costs were? Thanks, CL.
Old 02-27-07, 06:06 PM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rushmore9
Hey guys...

So my clutch is slipping and it gave me an excuse to upgrade. Just got the Centerforce Dual Friction kit in today...

My usual do-it-in-his-own-garage mechanic wants 350 to install it, but I just feel more comfortable if it was performed in a regular shop with more than one guy to help out.

So anyone have ideas on where to go, what your experiences were like and what the costs were? Thanks, CL.
hey what up, 350 sounds ok, the tranny is a son of a b to get out if you are just doing it w/ the car on jackstands. i know your clutch kit didn't come with an alignment tool so thats also a set back. id say any toyota dealer or toyota specialty shop can get the task done, unfortunatly for me i have no advice as to which shop because i do all my own work at home or at work....... good luck!
Old 03-01-07, 09:43 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rushmore9
Hey guys...

I do stuff for people out of my garage and thats what I would charge