Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

I got to get those snow tires now

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-07 | 10:25 PM
osokuko
Pole Position

Question I got to get those snow tires now

Hi everyone, going to be moving to Spokane WA. My wife is already in Spokane now and were looking forward to the first snow there. Which is the reason for this thread. Never been in a place with snow, so can anyone clue me in on how much snow falls in Spokane. Also she’s looking into winter tires or is it snow tires for her IS350 before the first snow arrives some time in November. So far I have looked at Tire rack and Costco on the web. It came down to Costco, they carry the Michelin Pilot, Alpin, PA2 winter tires at a little lower price with life time balance and repairs. Will these tires be ok for Spokane or do I need those stud tires for there? Thanks for any help.
Old 10-06-07 | 10:34 PM
LXMN
Lexus Test Driver

Correct me if I am wrong, but you will only need studded tires if you decide to go thru the passes. Or chains. I would just get snow tires designated for heavy snow or ice. No sport snow driving. All season tires should be fine if you decide to drive around the local areas and not the mountain passes.

I lived in Puget Sound for over 17yrs. You should enjoy the Northwest immensely. Snowfall is not that bad. Skiing is excellent.
Old 10-06-07 | 10:49 PM
osokuko
Pole Position

Thanks for the info and I’ll pass that on to her. She has driven in snow and ice in Texas but old lead foot gets a little wild at times so no sport snow driving for her. Thanks again.
Old 10-07-07 | 09:45 AM
LXMN
Lexus Test Driver

You quite welcome.
Old 10-08-07 | 01:21 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by osokuko
... so can anyone clue me in on how much snow falls in Spokane...
According to my buddy that lives on North Hill in Spokompton it snows alot, and stays on the ground for long periods of time. He came to visit last year when we had one of the bad snow incidents and he laughed at us, saying that our worst day of snow is better than thier best snow day. Whats worse than the snow is all the gravel and crap that gets put down for traction gets kicked up when its dry and makes some nasty paint chips...
Old 10-10-07 | 04:29 PM
osokuko
Pole Position

Eeeew paint chips, didn’t think about that, is there anyone in Spokane that can install the clear bra on both our cars or should I have it installed here (so cal) on the GS before I arrive there soon$$ One good thing I just found out they make all season tires for 20’s now. Moving is so much fun!