Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Shop to install HIDs near Seattle?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-08, 08:57 PM
Zanorath
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shop to install HIDs near Seattle?

Hey Guys, I'm pretty close to ordering 2 hid kits, pretty sure I'm going with 8000k, with 3000k fogs. Buying the parts though is the easy part, who does a good job installing? I want a place that I can go to and get a top quality job done, unlike the guys that broke clips all over installing my subs.

Any good shops on the Eastside or Lynnwood?

That being said, would a shop that installs lighting be the same one to install suspension mods? Or do you typically go to different places?
Old 03-09-08, 10:28 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

It very's on the shop. I would try to find a member on here to help you install it. It will save you money and it doesnt matter if its done professional. Its easy to install suspensions and HID's. Its the labor that takes the time.

Good luck with your search
Old 03-09-08, 10:56 PM
shonn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea definetly install it yourself or have someone help. It's pretty straight forward. BUT if you want a good place to go that has decent labor prices go to "8 Velocity" it's right next door to Acura of Seattle on 99.
Old 03-10-08, 11:09 AM
chums
Lead Lap

sorry, i cant personally recommend a shop or anything, but hope you get this going soon! cars gonna look sexy after its done
Old 03-10-08, 04:03 PM
MrSoarer
Driver

y not do it yourself? most of them are plug and play.

i know intec installs them for around $80 they seem legit.
Old 03-10-08, 09:15 PM
Zanorath
Pole Position

Well as for doing it myself. Two big reasons, first, I don't have the tools or the knowledge, never modded any cheaper cars and wouldn't want to start on a Lex. Second, and probably more importantly, I tend to be a perfectionist, I would like to go somewhere and pay for a job done right, and be able to hold someone accountable for a job done right. (ie: fixing the problem without ruining anything else).

As for plug and play, I'm not sure, I have a non-hid '06 IS350, I'm told that they still have projectors even though its not hid, but I'm not even positive with that. So it might be as easy as wiring a ballast and grounding it, or maybe not.

Lowering... I was going to have it done at the same place my tint was done, but the tint job wasn't perfect, and when they did my subs they broke a few clips on the c-pillar and back seat that I still have to get redone, so I am hesitant to go back there.
Old 03-12-08, 03:44 PM
JDM_Soarer

Go to VTR in Everett. Ask for Brian or Wayne. They can do it all for you, and they do tint and sound system install too. The HIDs are cake. It is really as simple as putting in the new bulbs, plugging in the new harnesses and then just mounting the ballast somewhere. But ya, they are the guys I would trust with stuff like that (well suspension and HID I would do myself.) Tell them I referred you, they should be able to give you a good deal. Just watch out for the first speed bump getting into their place.
Old 03-12-08, 09:42 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Zanorath...Here is a DIY tutorial on how to install an hid kit in the IS250/350
Click here:http://my.is/forums/f154/tutorial-ho...0-pics-335885/