Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

My Soarer got hit!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-08, 05:02 PM
JDM_Soarer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy My Soarer got hit!

So my Soarer got hit while parked in the lot.. damage is pretty bad but luckily the guy was there, got all his info ect. ect. Here are some pictures

His door..

Old 04-08-08, 05:14 PM
golfkid777
Lexus Test Driver

OH damn! That sucks major Serg!
Old 04-08-08, 09:02 PM
Zanorath
Pole Position

Honestly it doesn't look all that bad as long as you can find an OEM headlamp. I realize, if it were my car I'd say its horrible too, but its a fixable horrible, ya know?
Old 04-08-08, 09:08 PM
kitsune
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you need help getting the maximum dollar out of your car for repair and getting extra let me know.

I used to work in the insurance auto claims and adjusting for a few years.

Since you got hit, you're entitled in WA for diminished value and LOU.

Mike
Old 04-08-08, 09:18 PM
JDM_Soarer

Originally Posted by Zanorath
Honestly it doesn't look all that bad as long as you can find an OEM headlamp. I realize, if it were my car I'd say its horrible too, but its a fixable horrible, ya know?
Yeah its not really horrible, as in its all fixable, however if I need a new front bumper, which it is looking like I will need (it is completly cracked in a few places, one is in the vent on the bottom, where one of the pillars meets) then it will take a long time to get a new front JIC bumper which will suck. Also the HID in the housing is toast so thats another expense. The hassle blows and when I drove the car for a bit (had to pull off and leave it at a near by friends house) the tire would rub on any small bump or hill. I was worried I would burst my tire if I kept going.

Originally Posted by kitsune
If you need help getting the maximum dollar out of your car for repair and getting extra let me know.

I used to work in the insurance auto claims and adjusting for a few years.

Since you got hit, you're entitled in WA for diminished value and LOU.

Mike
I would appreciate any and all help. I don't even know how they will begin to handle my car lol.
Old 04-08-08, 09:39 PM
is2seattle
Lead Lap

i am sorry to hear that. hope you can get it fixed by next meet Was it happened at UW??? you got lucky that you got his info.
Old 04-08-08, 09:58 PM
VinnyQH
Lead Lap

yeah at least the driver stuck around!
Old 04-08-08, 10:00 PM
kitsune
Pole Position

Default Sorry for thread jacking and the long reply...

Finding who was at fault is the easy part.

Dealing with them as far as pay out is the hard part.

Here are some good tips when they decide in your favor:

- They owe you LOU (Loss of use) pretty much on the day that you got hit to the day it's fixed. So if you have another car use it and they will just pay you $20-$30 + tax a day until you get your car back.

- They owe you diminished value. What diminished value is when you get hit, there is a record of it and now it will be hard to sell your car. So say that your car is worth $10,000 with no accidents and $8,000 after the accident. They will owe you the $2,000 to make up the difference. I would do this process last because you don't want to pounce on the prey until the last minute.

- Always request for OEM parts. You're entitled to it.

- Make sure when the adjuster who is looking at your car write down all the info like aftermarket parts. Most adjusters don't know jack about cars or JDM parts. So make a list of parts that were damaged. Give them some history about the car in Japan like "this car is rare because..." "This car was upgraded to HID using this type of product..." Give them your research will give them much better clue what your car is worth and also this will help in the future when they try to jack you over.

IE. Back in 2002 when my WRX was stolen, I had OZ Superleggera wheels 18x8 on my car which retailed $3000 for a set back than. Progressive tried to say that a certain Motegi wheels were comparable. I told them no because Superleggera's are forged wheels versus cast, aluminum versus whatever crap was used for Motegi wheels, and showed my findings.

- Sometimes it will help if you have a performance shop behind you. You can deal with the shop to help you out. Back than I had JDM STI head lights and they cost me $800 but retail was $1200. I had a certain shop price all the parts for me and up the price 25% more than what retail cost.

- Go and find a good body shop to help you with repairs. Most body shops will also help you with getting your car fully painted.

IE. Auto Tech Collision in Tacoma, WA helped me to get my 2002 WRX fully stripped and repainted and added some more custom work into the mix. They told the insurance company that since my car came stock with pearl mixed into the paint, it would be hard to just match the color so of course Progressive had to pay for it.

- If you have previous damage on your wheels or tires, you can bargain with them for some "cosmetic allowance." Say you have a nick on your wheels that was there prior the the accident, you can tell them that the nick was caused by their insurer hitting you and you can have them either fix it or give you money for "cosmetic damage" or even better yet call a shop that repairs wheels and have them give you a paper quote.

- Make them pay for your alignment, engine check up, and other maintainence.

IE. My 2002 WRX was stolen and I did quite a few mods to it and when I got it back. I wanted the motor to be checked out since it was stolen. So I made them send it to Subaru to check the motor and transmission since WRX are known for their glass transmission. Got a free oil change and transmission oil changed out of it.

So don't be afraid to make demands. They owe it to you to get it fixed to the condition prior to the accident. So demand an alignment due to the damage and demand a engine check because your engine are known to act funny when getting inpacked from the side of the motor.

Get your full suspension checked like control arms, axle boots, and other suspension components.

How I see it is: Insurance companies will nickle and dime you, why not do the same to them?

Make sure you deal with the other insurance company before yours because once you file a claim, it's on your record if your insurance company pays you out or not. It will say on your insurance record for 35 months and after that it will drop. If you claim it on the other persons insurance it will not show on your record.

Claiming on your insurance is the last resort right after filing a complaint with the WA insurance commissioner.

Here are some helpful site:

http://www.insurance.wa.gov/

http://www.appraisalgroupofamerica.com/ (aka www.autoloss.com)

Appraisal group of America (also known as auto loss) helped me get $7500 more out of my RSTI when it was stolen.

Quick story on auto loss. I contacted Monica who owns Auto Loss and the company is located in OR I believe. Anyways the insurance company wanted to total out my 2000 Subaru RS for $10,000 after my $500 deductiable. I contact Monica and paid her $500 to do an appraisal on my car for how much it's worth. I provided her all the pictures, receipts, and also other web links on my car and other Subaru members with my car and similar swaps. They appraised my car @ $22,000 with all my mods.

A week later they negotiate with Progressive own appraiser and decided to agree on $17,500. I invested $8,000 on the car and about $6,000 for the conversion and I also had extra parts laying around too.

So if you need help just let me know. I'm usually at my friends shop in Auburn on Saturdays.

Auto Tech Collision
2911 S Tacoma Way
Tacoma, WA 98409
(253) 471-0161
Ask for Mike

Drift Office LLC
4040 Auburn Way North Ste#6
Auburn, WA 98002
253-520-3888
Email: drift.office@gmail.com

Ask for Bob and let him know Mike sent you.

Mike
Old 04-08-08, 10:00 PM
JDM_Soarer

Originally Posted by is2seattle
i am sorry to hear that. hope you can get it fixed by next meet Was it happened at UW??? you got lucky that you got his info.
Ya it was at UW. My alarm pager went off and I went out to check what was going on. Guy was standing by his car. He was actually pretty cool about it, very apologetic and in-fact filed w/ his insurance company within like 45 min. lol I doubt I will have it fixed by then
Old 04-08-08, 11:08 PM
shonn
Lexus Test Driver

OMG I can't believe your car got hit. WHILE PARKED no less! I mean honestly, is it that hard to NOT see your car. (It's bright red, sticks out like crazy) BAH, I don't care if he was cool with it or not. After you get it taken care of, I KEEL HEEM!!!! RAWR!!!!
Old 04-08-08, 11:17 PM
Hakaida
Driver

Sorry to read about what happened to you car. Hope everything gets fixed soon.
Old 04-08-08, 11:17 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

wow that sucks man...i was hoping to see your car in person too, hopefully everything is ok...i got a set of headlights if you need them
Old 04-09-08, 01:05 AM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

oh wow..that really sucks! why do you keep getting hit? seems like people like to hit your car. haha. now you can get the vertex fenders and another new bumper and maybe a cf hood? oh..and the grille..you can put that off to the insurance and sell that to me along with the oem bumper! haha
Old 04-09-08, 12:02 PM
mrkenji
Lexus Champion

dang serg man im sorry your car was looking pretty pristine too.. fresh paint fresh kit. im glad that you werent in it to get hurt and since you got the insurance info im sure you'll be up and running soon.. the jic bumper if not fixable will take a little bit of a time to get but im sure you'll be up and running again soon.. best of luck man.. if you can swing by the meet anyways it would be good to chat it up with you..
Old 04-09-08, 05:31 PM
JDM_Soarer

hah so the claims guy/adjuster whatever from the insurance company came to look at it today, quoted $1,955 riiiiight now I have to take it to a couple shops and see what its REALLY going to cost lol

Quick Reply: My Soarer got hit!