Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Tinting Near Seattle or Bellevue

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-08, 04:38 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tinting Near Seattle or Bellevue

I know a lot of you have posted on here many places for tint. But, I'm not very familiar with the Washington State. So to narrow things down, where is the best place for tint near Seattle or Bellevue.

Oh, what is the legal tint limit here in Washington State? 35%? or so... Better yet what tint percentage should I get? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
LEXveryG8
Old 04-15-08, 05:13 PM
NoS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have tan interior you can pull off 20%, I have that and no problems with cops
Old 04-15-08, 06:00 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

I have charcoal interior. So should I go with 25% or 30%?
Old 04-15-08, 06:03 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

I say go with 30 i have 30 and i have 20s in the back so it makes it look even darker. :P and the legal is 35% i hanve had any friends or anyone with problems with popo unless they have limo tint which is like 5% or 10%
Old 04-15-08, 06:17 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LEXveryG8 -

Just about every clear bra shop I've spoken to on the clear bra films site also does tinting work so check out the following page for a list of tint shops near you:

http://www.clearbrafilms.com/washington

Tell them you found them on the clearbrafilms.com site and that you've got a whole list of shops to call so they'll quote you the best price possible to earn your business. This usually works really well.

Good luck!

Clifford
Old 04-16-08, 02:26 PM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Jays Tint Shop over in kirkland right by Infinity of kirkland and Evergreen auto rebuild. Ill go there the rest of my life. 35% on cars and 25% trucks (because theyre considered work vehicles) is the legal limit in washington. Buuuuuttt you can probably get away with 25 on a car, when I get mine redone thats what Im getting
Old 04-16-08, 05:21 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the output guys! I might just go with 25% tint.
Old 04-19-08, 10:23 AM
jonny2k
Pole Position

Carlos @ The Darkside in N.Seattle on Lake City Way. One-man shop with very reasonable prices and lifetime guarantee. He won't do illegal tint on your car.....unless you pay cash I'm running 35% on the sides and 20% rear on my 2GS and he did it for $200/cash.

Now...for those wanting some eye candy....
Accutint in Bellevue behind Barrier Porsche. The receptionist there is absolutely ridiculous....think of the Playboy/E network show "Girls Next Door". I'm prolly being very disrespectful in saying this, but I have to assume the owner hired her for her appeal....if you know what I mean. I dropped off my friend to have his custom truck tinted there, and saw this first hand. Oh....and their tint jobs are

HTH,
Jonny
Old 04-19-08, 12:53 PM
abhi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mkiiisupra
Jays Tint Shop over in kirkland right by Infinity of kirkland and Evergreen auto rebuild. Ill go there the rest of my life. 35% on cars and 25% trucks (because theyre considered work vehicles) is the legal limit in washington. Buuuuuttt you can probably get away with 25 on a car, when I get mine redone thats what Im getting
How much he charged for all windows incl rear? Is he also doing clreabra installation?
Old 04-19-08, 02:55 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jonny2k
Carlos @ The Darkside in N.Seattle on Lake City Way. One-man shop with very reasonable prices and lifetime guarantee. He won't do illegal tint on your car.....unless you pay cash I'm running 35% on the sides and 20% rear on my 2GS and he did it for $200/cash.

Now...for those wanting some eye candy....
Accutint in Bellevue behind Barrier Porsche. The receptionist there is absolutely ridiculous....think of the Playboy/E network show "Girls Next Door". I'm prolly being very disrespectful in saying this, but I have to assume the owner hired her for her appeal....if you know what I mean. I dropped off my friend to have his custom truck tinted there, and saw this first hand. Oh....and their tint jobs are

HTH,
Jonny
Thanks for the feedback!

Oh yea, haha I will be sure to check out Accutint and be on the look out for that receptionist! lol
Old 04-28-08, 09:55 AM
skaiyun
Driver

Id recommend Midnight Tint on 135th And Aurora in Seattle, cash check amx whatever. I have 15% and I don't think that is dark enough. A freind of mine got a ticket for his 5% but he was driving a Civic and modded out, but it was originally for a speeding ticket. I've been on 15% on all my cars for about 5 years, and I really don't think the cops care for the most part. If you are worried, get 35% and its almost like you didn't even tint your car in the first place.
Old 04-29-08, 04:25 AM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by abhi
How much he charged for all windows incl rear? Is he also doing clreabra installation?
Depends how many windows youre talking. I dont know if youre refering to a suv or car and what size car. Ive yet to get one of my own cars done there (had him remove the tint off my rear window, 50$ and he didnt ruin the defroster like alot of places will if theyre not careful) but he used to do all of my bosses cars and usually has mid-high end cars in the parking lot. Even his bussiness cards are impressive Couldnt tell you about the clearbra. Ill get his info for you tomarrow.