Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

UPDATE on my tickets

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-08, 01:25 PM
VicFerrari
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPDATE on my tickets

so i decided to get my fix-it tickets done... went to Downey PD to look at the front license plate, tint and mufflers.

so he signs off on the front plate, but says even though i keep my windows down i still have to take the fronts off.... and that even though he would not write up for the tint and mufflers, he can not sign off on the mufflers cause it would be going against what the other officer wrote... and that i could maybe go to the CHP and get a number for a place that will test the noise level.

so i call CHP and they give me a number..... i call it and it is not working cause of the budget thing in CA and call a different number.... i call that and the lady looks for the state referee, but all those number are not working cause of the budget think....

so i go to the CHP to get the tint signed off, (cause i took it off) and see about the mufflers.... he signs off on the tint, but has me pop the hood, which the downey cop did not.... and says my K&N cone filter is not legal either... ..... so i tell him to get the car fixed is what the car costs..... he does not care... i mention that if i go to Midas and get mufflers put on it, they sell mainly bora and flowmaster that they are louder ... he says that they are not... and that i can not have anything that was not stock from lexus on the car ....

so my thing is what do i do .... where do i get the pipes from the Y-pipe back (i had to weld new pipes on when i put the mufflers on) and what about the air intake?
Old 08-26-08, 01:35 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

how did you end up posting this in the 'Vendor Mrktplace'?
So Cal...So Cal...So Cal

Mods, pls relocate.
OP, search in the So Cal forums for some guidance...there's a wallop of info in there. GL!
Old 08-26-08, 01:41 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Wrong forum
Old 08-26-08, 02:43 PM
VicFerrari
Driver

oppppsss sorry... did not see that

yes please move to other forum
Old 08-26-08, 03:05 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

I wouldnt have botthered trying to get the fix it ticket signed off. YOu should have waited for the officer to mail you a real ticket. Then just go pay it off. LIke you said, it would cost you more to fix everything than the car is worth. So pay the ticket and drive safe.

Sorry I couldnt help you more on your exhaust and intake question.
Old 08-26-08, 06:38 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Dang.... Cali sucks... I too would just pay the ticket and drive as safe as possible. Hope you get everything figured out soon, man.
Old 08-26-08, 08:34 PM
VicFerrari
Driver

ok so that is the thing the Downey cop said that there should be a fine if you do not want to fix it or something happens to the car and you can not provide the corrections..... well on the letter i got from the court there is not one. and the CHP guy said he has not heard of that.

so what i did was go to Midas and he said he gets this all the time and he has mufflers for $45 ea that will let him put on the invoice... OEM like... and that will show i fixed it.... so what i am going to do is just get it done... with installation is like $200 and sell one of my mufflers to my friend for $100... and get it over with... and just go back to the downey PD and have them look at it... for $17... cause he did not check the engine... which i do not think the CHP guy should have cause on the ticket the cops did not write me up for air intake....

and after that is all done then just not drive the car that much like i have been for the past three months... reason i got a Vespa and i get 60 mpg on that thing and can do 80% of the stuff i did with the car on the bike....

i just want this over with .... oh and i got jury duty next week... if the judge asks about if i have gotten any tickets like of question...... i am going to let them know .... yeah i will let them know.
Old 08-27-08, 07:23 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

WOW now I know why I dont live in kali ! fawk I thought it was bad here, we have it on easy street
Old 08-27-08, 08:47 PM
JDM_Soarer

lol no ****, wonder what happens when someone like me goes to Cali..
Old 08-27-08, 08:58 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JDM_Soarer
lol no ****, wonder what happens when someone like me goes to Cali..
^^^RHD = impound lol
Old 08-28-08, 09:14 AM
VicFerrari
Driver

well sad day for the Lexus gods..... i went to Midas and got OEM mufflers put back on.... now there is the thing i still have straight piping from the cats back the OEM ones for i do not have the resonators... and i have the cone style K&N filter on. so when i started up the car immediately didn't notice anything, for the new mufflers made it at idle and a little throttle quite... but because of the filter and no res. if i punch it i get some growl...

so take it back to the police station and the cop comes out.... asks what is it for. tell him mufflers... at first look he is like those are not stock.... see the OEM style mufflers i got were polished steel and the stock Lexus is painted black.... but i show him on the midas invoice that these are OEM style mufflers... so he makes me start the engine , well at first start it has a little growl to it.... but nothing like the other ones i had.... and he tell me that i do not sound stock... i tell him i just sent $200 getting these OEM mufflers put, on don't drive the car that much cause i ride a vespa now, and that this is costing me to much... so he radios for backup...

the other cop comes out has me start the car and give it gas, so i go to 2000 rpm he says give it more.... ... go to just under 3000... and tell them look its a V8 and 15 years old if i give it any more gas of course it is going to sound loud no matter what.... at this point i am just praying i do not have to open my hood cause, if they say i can not have a K&N filter like the CHP did i was going to go crazy, cause that is all it is a K&N filter and everything else is stock.... well he signs off on it and i greatly appreciated it.

now i just have to make sure the court gets the money and ticket in the mail cause the cop, said take a copy of the ticket before sending it cause if it gets lose in the mail and they do not get it there will be a warrant out for my arrest .... and that is the last thing i need now after i did get the ticket signed off in a timely manner......

and yes this is the one thing that sucks about living in s. cal. but take a look at these pix of were i go with my vespa down the coast and i can do this all year round ...... still love this area and will never move..

laguna beach

Dana Point

mine is the bright red one
Old 08-28-08, 07:02 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by VicFerrari

Look its a scooter gang
Old 08-28-08, 10:50 PM
VicFerrari
Driver

and if we were going down hill , we would be able to catch you....