Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Need a Jeep or Jag dealer reccomendation (WA)

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-08, 06:34 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need a Jeep or Jag dealer reccomendation (WA)

Well its time to buy my wife a new car, we have been narrowing down the choices all week but finally we are left with two to choose from.

We started looking at M3's, Rangerover Sports, Audi A5, Jag XF (supercharged) and finally the Jeep Cherokee SRT8.

After the dust has settled we are left with the Jeep and the Jag, we have supporting dealers for Lexus here on CL and I have been trying to find similar dealer for teh JEEP and the JAG. Can someone point me to a Jeep forum that has supporting dealers that will help me buy one near, below or at Invoice? I will probably need the same for the JAG too. But I want to start with the Jeep SRT8. I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks Morris
Old 10-06-08, 07:04 PM
LexFather

Bump and moved here. Can someone help Morris out? He's a great guy and was very active here in the Atlanta Lexus scene. Thanks!!!
Old 10-06-08, 07:37 PM
shonn
Lexus Test Driver

Well I would either suggest, Land Rover/Jaguar up north near me. It's near alderwood mall. Or at the Fife automalls Land Rover/Jaguar dealer.
Old 10-06-08, 07:42 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

Hey Mike thanks for the redirect.

We test drove the supercharged XF today, lets just say its neck and neck at this point. Both cars are pretty darn tight and have over 400hp each, there is a 20K price difference between the two, we have to drive the XF again as it was raining and she didnt get a chance to really get on it like she wanted.

I found a guy that will selll the Jeeps at 500 below invoice so I think I have that covered, now I just need to look around for a JAG dealer that will sell near invoice.

Oh and Shonn we actual did the test drive at the Lynwood Jag dealer thanks for the referall.
Old 10-06-08, 07:46 PM
LexFather

Morris give me about 24 hrs to see can I get an insider up there.
Old 10-06-08, 09:37 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

I used to work for Land Rover/Jag of Bellevue and I'm not gonna lie... Those are the most problematic cars on the road by far... I'd honestly look into something else. X5 FTW.

Last edited by TRD_Power; 10-06-08 at 09:42 PM.
Old 10-06-08, 09:42 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

when you say up 405 do you mean north on I5?
Old 10-06-08, 11:22 PM
Zanorath
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd never vouch for the quality of the SRT-8, but its a beast in a straight line.
Old 10-07-08, 04:31 AM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

I've never been shopping at one of those dealers but you could always try the auto row in Bellevue of 520. I believe you live north of Kirkland right Morris? Well if you take 405 S and hop onto 520 E and take the first exit, then a left at the light you'll pass quite a few higher end dealer ships along with a couple exotic/race/collector car dealership. That's where alot of money shops at though so prices could very easily be little steeper, cant hurt looking though.
Old 10-07-08, 10:19 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

thanks for the leads MkIII.

I should also say that I dont care where there the dealers are. The SRT8 is in Houston, I'll either drive it back or have it shipped back.

Havent found much in terms of US based jag forums, there are some but no where near as active as CL or Corvetteforums.

Worst case scenario I will email what I want to the 10 -20 closest dealers with Internet sales, if those exist and let them give me bids
Old 10-07-08, 02:52 PM
albert_23
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont know much about good jag/jeep dealers. but never ever go to Jag of Bellevue. the salesmen (2 of them) i dealt with are dishonest, liars and pain in the ***. they meant one thing at first and another thing the 2nd time u asked. in fact i've already fixed a price at first and they actually denied giving me that price and was quoting me 1k above what they mentioned at first.
Old 10-08-08, 02:27 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by albert_23
i dont know much about good jag/jeep dealers. but never ever go to Jag of Bellevue. the salesmen (2 of them) i dealt with are dishonest, liars and pain in the ***. they meant one thing at first and another thing the 2nd time u asked. in fact i've already fixed a price at first and they actually denied giving me that price and was quoting me 1k above what they mentioned at first.
Was it some younger looking guy with a weird name? If so, he is notorious for being dishonest and a little slime ball. He had an accent as well, but I just can't remember his name off the top of my head. Jag of Bellevue FTL.
Old 10-08-08, 09:00 PM
LexFather

Sorry Morris, I couldn't get any info/leads for you up there
Old 10-08-08, 09:03 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

no problem thanks for trying, I have a lead on a guy so once she makes up her mind I have a prospect to try for either brand
Old 10-09-08, 06:29 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

check out www.jeepsunlimited.com you might find some links there.
i work on jags at the dealer and so far i haven't seen to omany problems out of hte xf's. of course they haven't been on the road very long either....

Quick Reply: Need a Jeep or Jag dealer reccomendation (WA)