Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Official Tapioca Express Meet!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-08, 04:10 PM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha...snowboarding.....Im in the market for a new board and bindings. I got seperated from my partner and got lost in the backcountry with thigh-high powder last time for 7 hours into the night, blacked out a few times and one time I woke up and my board was just gone so I said screw it and kept walking. Stage one hypothermia and search and rescue was out lookin for me x_X Finally found a closed chairlift and radioed down to ski partrol. I got to dip down the mountain in one of those rescue sleds. SKETCHY. It felt like the ski partrol guy was going to go right off a cliff at times, what an experience though hahah.
Old 12-12-08, 04:46 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mkiiisupra
Haha...snowboarding.....Im in the market for a new board and bindings. I got seperated from my partner and got lost in the backcountry with thigh-high powder last time for 7 hours into the night, blacked out a few times and one time I woke up and my board was just gone so I said screw it and kept walking. Stage one hypothermia and search and rescue was out lookin for me x_X Finally found a closed chairlift and radioed down to ski partrol. I got to dip down the mountain in one of those rescue sleds. SKETCHY. It felt like the ski partrol guy was going to go right off a cliff at times, what an experience though hahah.
This story fails, without pics

But damn, sounds terrifying to be out there, all by yourself. Glad you pulled through it and still around to tell peeps about this
Old 12-12-08, 05:11 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Man, what scary experience to have Matt.

I have never been snowboarding before, I heard from my friends that it's fun and I should try it. I never had the chance to go with my friends. When I lived down in SoCal, I lived so close to Mt. Baldy and some of my friends would go there. It's like less than 1/2 hour drive there.

Where do you guys go to snow board? Snohomish?
Old 12-12-08, 07:46 PM
solo_stage
Lead Lap

here's the address to Tapioca Express
22315 Highway 99 # A
Edmonds, WA 98026

you guys DO know that parking there sucks though right? theres probably a total of 10 parking spaces... for like 5 businesses. Pochis is in the same plaza as Ranch 99 across the street so there might be a better chance to get parking there, just my thought have fun!
Old 12-12-08, 08:39 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LEXveryG8

I have never been snowboarding before, I heard from my friends that it's fun and I should try it. I never had the chance to go with my friends. When I lived down in SoCal, I lived so close to Mt. Baldy and some of my friends would go there. It's like less than 1/2 hour drive there.

I go boarding up at Snoqualmie pass, since its more incline for Snowboarders. Quick lifts and short runs equal, not so boring. There some rough terrain and mogals(sp?) with steep hills.

I want to go to Stevens and Mt. Baker before the end of this season. Whistler will probably have to wait til next season.
Old 12-12-08, 09:19 PM
nyoko
Rookie

Originally Posted by solo_stage
22315 Highway 99 # A
Edmonds, WA 98026

you guys DO know that parking there sucks though right? theres probably a total of 10 parking spaces... for like 5 businesses. Pochis is in the same plaza as Ranch 99 across the street so there might be a better chance to get parking there, just my thought have fun!
thats what i was saying. the parking there is pretty small but we can park at pochi and walk to tapioca since it is better than pochi
Old 12-13-08, 01:56 AM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

22315 Highway 99 # A
Edmonds, WA 98026

omg kellie is alived and kicking in the pacific forums lol hows socal?
Old 12-13-08, 05:58 AM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LEXveryG8

Ya I prefer Alpental, about a half hour east of XXX Burger (Snoqualmies biggest mountain) over Stevens. Stevens is more spread out but I like the backcountry at Alpental better. Stevens does have a nice terrain park on hand, at alpental you have to take the courtesy shuttle around the bend to the snoqualmie west summit. But I know Alpental like the back of my hand like this Never been to baker yet, I heard it was THEE shiznit. I would go this year but Im out a snowboard. The one year I went to Whistler was the first year we had the big snow drought and everyone who had a season pass was told it was good for the next year. There was ONE run that went HALF way up the hill open ONLY on whistler (blackcomb was closed) AND they had to have the snow making machines out....I was PISSED.

So back on topic. Has anyone seen snow around yet? I still have just rain in Kirkland, havent driven since yesterday though so I dont know what the ice is like. And if we park at pochis....lets make sure we go to tapioca express...MLT pochis makes me throw up in my mouth (not literally of course)
Old 12-13-08, 10:43 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

22315 Highway 99 # A
Edmonds, WA 98026

Hey thanks for the address!

Oh and guys, two reason that this meet might be canceled. I know it sucks, but one is that it's snowing out. So safety is a no. 1 priority. Another reason is that my car is in the works right now. All the parts are unhooked and won't be able to get it done by tomorrow morning. I'll post pic of it shortly.
Old 12-13-08, 11:09 PM
shonn
Lexus Test Driver

It's not gonna be that bad tomorrow. So snow is NOT AN EXCUSE! hahahaha. jk. Well i'll be there.
Old 12-13-08, 11:12 PM
blksc300t
Pole Position

Originally Posted by shonn
It's not gonna be that bad tomorrow. So snow is NOT AN EXCUSE! hahahaha. jk. Well i'll be there.
I plan on being there. I dont know what the weather is going to be like so i guess i will plan it by ear.
Old 12-13-08, 11:33 PM
markeezy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

most likely not gonna be there tomorrow. i'll see though.
Old 12-13-08, 11:42 PM
NW_IS300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by markeezy
ditto. i've had bad luck the past couple of weeks, and i just got my bumper fixed. i dont wanna risk driving in snowy/icy conditions
BRO! you too? my rear also had damage like a week ago cuz of some stupid rocks at night.. plus i work tomm so i wont be makin it out solly
Old 12-14-08, 01:48 AM
shonn
Lexus Test Driver

Ok I just got home from work. OMG! It was a little bit of a challenge getting home. haha. I got outside and was like wtf? There was more snow then I thought. But anyways, drifted a couple on/off ramps at like 30 mph but all in all got home safely. So I'm with all of you who said that they'll play it by ear.
Old 12-14-08, 03:51 AM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Its snowing at my house as I type. Sorry, dont think I cant make it. My tires are spinning before I even get to the end of my FLAT street. Didnt get my Bridgestone blizzaks in time

Quick Reply: Official Tapioca Express Meet!