Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

2nd gen owners from WA please come in

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-09 | 03:49 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Default 2nd gen owners from WA please come in

So I got in contact with v-leds about the drl led kit they sell and well as I tested and so have other members it does not work on our cars for some reason. They said their drl modules were based off of is350s so they would need a 2nd gen gs to test out and work on to make a module that works. They have not yet responded to me since last nights email, but I think anyone within their area who is willing to let them check out their car or have them run some tests on it to determine whats up would be helping us all out. They are in bellingham, wa btw.

If I can find anyone in that area who is willing I would let them know and I guess go from there.
Old 01-29-09 | 02:03 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

I dont own a 2nd Gen GS. And I never heard of V-LED's before. Do you have the store/warehouse Addy?
Old 01-29-09 | 03:49 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

I think they found a gs owner so ill keep everyone posted. This might be resolved by this weekend.
Old 01-31-09 | 11:26 PM
Zanorath
Pole Position
CL Folding 25,000

Vleds is where I did all my LED based lighting, replaced 5 interior, 2 puddle lights, 2 drl, and 2 city lights with their stuff and its still going strong. The DRL runs off 3 watts though stock (for the IS350) but I'm guessing that the GS is the same, and 3 watts doesn't light the drl without a very rapid flicker. I actually like the flicker, but if you don't like it they make an adapter that connects directly to the battery to get the full wattage that the drl led wants. I'm unsure as to why this would not work in the GS since their lights have standard plugs on them, unless the DRL on the gs runs off an even lower wattage.
Old 02-01-09 | 05:02 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Do they do custom installs.

I want to change the color of all my dash lights. Ive read a lot of DIY's on what bulbs to use and stuff. But they only do the basics. Dont really get into far with it. So I want to go that extra mile and do all my dash and center console lights.

Do they have a shop that I can take my car to and have them do it?
Old 02-02-09 | 06:48 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

^^ no they do not....they only sell led bulbs and such...i am bout to go up there with my 2gen is to get fully led out i need some light
Old 02-02-09 | 08:34 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Drunkebuda
^^ no they do not....they only sell led bulbs and such...i am bout to go up there with my 2gen is to get fully led out i need some light
When, today?

If not today, then hit me up, I want to go