Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Gauging Interest: Anyone down to install my shock+springs for me? $$$$$

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-09, 10:11 PM
markeezy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drksyde
i hope that the new suspension you have is already aligned to fit right into the bolt holes, otherwise we will have to compress it again to align with the bolt holes. But yea, we can remove the stock out without a compressor... its just that we will need someone heavy to jump up and down on the axle or we take a lot of things out and put it back.
oh okay, i didn't know we'd need a spring compressor.

but yeah, the suspension should aligned already. shayne, the guy i got it from had it installed before he started to partout when he bought a supra.
Old 03-04-09, 11:01 PM
NoS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's super easy especially since springs and shocks are already together. That alone is the hardest if you only buy springs.

On my Nissan, from practice and working on it always!, I can swap out coilovers in several minutes.

Are you @ WSU?; man I can't wait for Spring Break too!
Old 03-04-09, 11:03 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

ummm impact gun can be rented and so can a spring compressor
Old 03-04-09, 11:06 PM
NoS
Lexus Champion

Impact gun, phhhfff that's why God invented a breaker bar or use a long pipe
Old 03-04-09, 11:15 PM
markeezy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NoS
Are you @ WSU?; man I can't wait for Spring Break too!
yeah, i'm at WSU. and i can't wait to go back to the westside

where are you studying? when's your spring break?
Old 03-04-09, 11:27 PM
NoS
Lexus Champion

Here too; graduating too. Can't wait to get out of here!
Old 03-04-09, 11:35 PM
markeezy
Lead Lap

WTF you serious? where do you live? car? lol

haha yeah, it's my first semester here, and i already can't wait to get the **** out of here. i might go to school in the westside next year.
Old 03-05-09, 01:26 PM
drksyde
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello CL members

Last edited by drksyde; 03-05-09 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-05-09, 02:01 PM
is300chris
Lead Lap

goodbye CL members
Old 03-05-09, 03:20 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Im down to watch and learn. So then I can install my headers ...But I am going to go with a mechanical o2 sim vs. electric o2 sim. So far, there is another IS owner with a mazzuri setup. And he did the Mechanical o2 sim and after 6 months, still no CEL.

But he added a cat before the last o2 sensor. So he didnt need to modify that one. But I might run no cats, so we will see how that last o2 sensor works out
Old 03-05-09, 09:51 PM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

I do have an impact gun. I have a couple impact sockets but not alot so I'd need to know what you need to tell you if I have it or not. The gun itself doesnt have alot of tourqe and wasnt able to undo my lower strut bolt but my susp. is also quite a bit older then yours. My stepbrothers Snap-On impact gun got it loosened in a couple of seconds. I think it has a 85 ft/lb rating. If someone has a breaker bar/pipe, that'd be great if you could bring it just in case.

Only have 2 jack stands so more of those might be good. And my house has parking for 5 cars total. Me+4, we have a pretty packed street. No garage space, all work is done in the street but its a cul de sac so there's no traffic.

What ever day works best for you guys just let me know. Saturday/sunday would be better then monday. So 14/15th?

Oh ya, and anybody just bring over any tools you can manage. Sockets, wrenches, whatever, I hate working and realizing I dont have everything I need or wishing I had two of something
Old 03-05-09, 10:37 PM
RCPnoi
Lead Lap

i'll bring a set of jack stand....jus make sure somebody txt me early that morning so i can remember to pick them up on the way down there....and can you PM us the locatioh yeah....wat time ya'll wanna start this?
Old 03-06-09, 08:52 AM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

I'll pm my address to the 4 who are coming. Im not meaning to make anyone feel like they cant come, I just dont have alot of parking. If any extra want to come just to help or what not, there is more parking 4 houses down on the street that my street intersects with.

When working on cars, I always think first thing in the AM is the best. You never know what's going to go wrong and how much time it will actually take so I just leave my self as much as possible. Im down to start working early as 9 am

I finally got my cf pillar cover and repair kit so I'd like to fix my window trim and finally put my visors on. Then I can get it re-tinted asap and hopefully curtains/pillows get here before the GG meet.
Old 03-06-09, 09:29 AM
drksyde
Driver

make the date the 14th to do this. because i requested that day off lol.
Old 03-06-09, 02:35 PM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Ok 14th it is. Who can I all expect to come? Tinh, Deek, Mark, Ray......Chris? We might have to have a car park down the street for a little while if some other cars are home.

Quick Reply: Gauging Interest: Anyone down to install my shock+springs for me? $$$$$