Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Gauging Interest: Anyone down to install my shock+springs for me? $$$$$

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-09, 12:37 AM
markeezy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Gauging Interest: Anyone down to install my shock+springs for me? $$$$$

hey guys,

i just wanted to know if someone who has experience installing suspension/coilovers/etc would want to "help" install my bilstein shocks? i can "help" but i'm not really car savvy. plus i've already tried doing this myself, and you don't even want to know. i didn't have airtools, so it was dumb of me

anyways, the shocks+springs (they're already put together) have been lying in my room for quite some time now, and i've been dying be lowered. i'll be home from the 13th to the 22nd of this month, so i just wanna see if anyone can fit me in their schedule

i'll be willing to pay money and/or food+beer or whatever.

if not, i already called xtreme auto salon and talked to jet. he said he'll install for $170, but i just wanna see my options first.

so if no one can help, any suggestions on shops that will be able to install my shocks for cheaper than XAS?

Last edited by markeezy; 03-04-09 at 12:57 AM.
Old 03-04-09, 03:12 AM
is300chris
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did we ever do that install day?
if not we should do one between those dates.
Old 03-04-09, 05:55 AM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Offer's still there. I have every saturday/sunday/monday available. The only real possible PITA I can think about might be the lower strut bolts. My impact gun didnt have enough tourqe for mine, but when my step brother brought over his Snap-On impact gun, they came off in a couple seconds. We could give it a whirl
Old 03-04-09, 06:35 AM
RCPnoi
Lead Lap

i changed mine on my own....and i'm down to help a bro....if you dont mind driving all the way in oak harbor....or i can take a cruise down there if its too cold up here to work on a car...pm me and we'll discuss the details

Last edited by RCPnoi; 03-04-09 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-04-09, 11:24 AM
drksyde
Driver

I did my whole suspension myself also and changed it back and forth many times... im willing to help but my schedule... i work a lot. so we should maybe set up a day for installing stuff lol. Im not interested in getting paid or nothing either, just willing to help out another member.
Old 03-04-09, 11:35 AM
RCPnoi
Lead Lap

jus like drksyde....no cash required....maybe jus a lil gas money if do cruise down dere

do you have any tools at all?

it might be better if you head up my way since i have all the tools needed
Old 03-04-09, 03:43 PM
markeezy
Lead Lap

thanks guys!

matt: i'll be free any of those days, the 14th-16th of this month.

ray: i don't have any tools and my garage is small, so maybe we can just meet at matt's house some day?

tinh: what's your schedule? i can drive up to you anytime that week (16th-20th), or we can all meet at matt's if everyone is free on a specific date. since you guys don't want money, the least i can do is buy you guys lunch or something.

chris: you live pretty close to matt right? i think a install day at matt's sounds the best. maybe you guys can help me install my header also, if we have time
Old 03-04-09, 04:17 PM
RCPnoi
Lead Lap

hey...if we gonna have this many people....we can divide the work..half on the headers and half on the suspension.....as for your stock suspension do you wanna keep those....cuz if you dont we can finish the removal a lot quicker by jus cutting thi springs and we can just pull it straight out....remember i told you about my issue...unless thinh can give us a tip or tools.....the sat on the 14th i got no plans so i can head down to wherever we goin to do this
Old 03-04-09, 04:39 PM
is300chris
Lead Lap

ya matt doesnt live that far way.
and hell ya lets put on the header.
Old 03-04-09, 04:48 PM
markeezy
Lead Lap

sweet, the 14th would work for me. and i'd like to keep my stock suspension, just incase, ya know?

good idea on the half/half header-shock installation.
Old 03-04-09, 06:29 PM
drksyde
Driver

ok, ill get that day off. but does matt have all the tools? having an impact gun is greatly useful and spring compressors.
Old 03-04-09, 07:09 PM
markeezy
Lead Lap

not sure if he has an impact gun or not, but we don't need a spring compressor. the shocks and springs are already together.
Old 03-04-09, 07:47 PM
RCPnoi
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by drksyde
ok, ill get that day off. but does matt have all the tools? having an impact gun is greatly useful and spring compressors.
Originally Posted by markeezy
not sure if he has an impact gun or not, but we don't need a spring compressor. the shocks and springs are already together.
we need the spring compressors to remove the original springs on the car....thats y i had to cut my springs into three pieces just to remove the front and luckily the rear had enough space for the spring compressors i had at that time
Old 03-04-09, 09:10 PM
drksyde
Driver

i hope that the new suspension you have is already aligned to fit right into the bolt holes, otherwise we will have to compress it again to align with the bolt holes. But yea, we can remove the stock out without a compressor... its just that we will need someone heavy to jump up and down on the axle or we take a lot of things out and put it back.
Old 03-04-09, 09:34 PM
is300chris
Lead Lap

ya i took mine out with a spring compressor.

Quick Reply: Gauging Interest: Anyone down to install my shock+springs for me? $$$$$