Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Smart phone gurus... I need help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-09, 11:06 PM
Amini9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nokias are great.

blackberrys you dont necessarily HAVE to get their service, just hide all the internet and crap options. it worked for me for a about a month, until i wanted internet.
Old 03-09-09, 11:07 PM
Woogie
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Drunkebuda
okay coming from a phone guru. DONT get any of them phone listed period. I work for att. Black jack is crap. Iphone is cool but no insurnce for you being hard on the phone. I recommend waiting a little bit for a new cool nokia. Its a nokia n71x. BEST smart phone i have played with in a while. I would give up my blackberry bold and my iphone 3g for this bad boy. Its running simband and its by far a great phone period. It has a 3.2 mega pixel camera with a 6 action shot photo frame if you want to take action shot. It has 4 diffrent photo options.
You mean it uses the Symbian Operating System?

I've used several Windows Mobile platforms and I did the Palm OS a little while back - next to the blackberry operating system, nothing is as great as a Symbian platform. The stability and flexibility that the system offers makes the phones that rock the Symbian OS (SOS) one of the best phones available on the market.

There are a helluva lot of people in the world who currently use a phone that houses the SOS. As such, there is a lot of aftermarket support for that platform. You've got a bunch of free (and some very inexpensive) software available for the phone so that you can customize it to meet your needs. Got a problem with the phone? Google it and you'll find all kinds of answers from developers and programmers who have spent hundreds of hours tearing apart the SOS left and right to learn about it and to further develop it.

I'm using an older phone right now: the Nokia E61, but it's been my absolute favorite phone that I've ever had. I wish it had a few more features like some of its successors, but we gotta pay to play, right?

Functionality and performance tabled for a second... one of your main qualifications for a phone is durability. Nokia and Sony Ericsson make some of the most durable phones, in my opinion. I've dropped my E61 so many damn times, I'm surprised I can still hold it to my ear as one solid piece and speak with it. It's a brick

Moving forward - I'd say either stick with your original plan and get one of the aforementioned phones or get a phone of lesser value and use the money saved to purchase an older Nokia PDA phone on ebay or craigslist.

Last edited by Woogie; 03-09-09 at 11:11 PM.
Old 03-10-09, 01:06 AM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Woogie
You mean it uses the Symbian Operating System?
yes :P i was in a hurry to type it. well I dont know the price for it yet but i think its going to be in the range of 200-250 i dont think it will break that price range. The xperia is good but i been playing with one that i bought off a friend and boy does it get a lot of error when i try to connect and get my email. It has 3g but it always default down to edge for some reason even when i force it into 3g
Old 03-10-09, 11:34 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

So what's your take on the HTC Fuze?
Old 03-11-09, 04:55 AM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I must be the 5% that likes Verizon. Never once had an issue and I get more reception then any of my friends.

Sorry I cant add any helpful information, Im not "hip" on phones, I just dont get why I hear so many people hating Verizon
Old 03-11-09, 05:39 PM
Woogie
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TRD_Power
So what's your take on the HTC Fuze?
Check it out for yourself:
http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=1644

Sounds like of the people who have the phone, they, for the most part, really dig the fuze.

I've never been a fan of phones with moving components - flip, slide, swivel, etc. I don't like the idea of dust and dirt getting into the various crevices of the moving parts and the constant opening and closing of the phone is bound to reduce the lifespan of the phone significantly (comparatively). This is one major reason why I've always owned candy bar style phones. I did the RAZR and MPX220 thing for a while when they first came out, but quickly moved back to a candy-bar style phone. That's just a matter of personal preference, though.

The Fuze, on paper at least, sounds like a promising phone. You should see if you can find a cell phone store that carries that carries phones that aren't available on the mainstream american market. These stores can serve AT&T and T-mobile customers, but they're not direct retailers of those brands - they're third party providers. They generally carry a lot of phones that have been imported from various parts of the world, so you'll be able to find a phone you really like even though it isn't shown on the websites of the major carriers.

I hope this helps, bro.
Old 03-24-09, 01:13 AM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

I know you all have been DYING to know what I finally got.... Well I ended up getting the Blackberry Curve and love the thing so far! I even found the solution to my inability to hold a phone: http://boxwave-corporation.amazonweb...source=froogle

Got it in black. I have the same thing from the same company for my Zune and it's done wonders!
Old 03-24-09, 01:27 AM
markeezy
Lead Lap

nice!

i got a "new" phone also. i was about to get the curve, but i ended up getting a sony ericsson p990i. its an older phone, but it's 100millionbillion times better than the LG Vu. plus, i've always loved sony ericsson. this is my 4th SE.

i love how it's both touchscreen and full keyboard. and i think it has symbian OS also.
Old 03-24-09, 01:55 AM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by markeezy
nice!

i got a "new" phone also. i was about to get the curve, but i ended up getting a sony ericsson p990i. its an older phone, but it's 100millionbillion times better than the LG Vu. plus, i've always loved sony ericsson. this is my 4th SE.

i love how it's both touchscreen and full keyboard. and i think it has symbian OS also.
Right on! I heard most of the LG's are garbage. My parents were about to get the Shine until I read up on it for them and found out how horrible it was. Enjoy the new phone! I checked it out on google and it looks pretty badass
Old 03-24-09, 02:05 AM
markeezy
Lead Lap

yeah the VU was slow and felt cheap.

most of the pics of the p990i on google has the flip-out keypad, but i took that off. it look so much cleaner w/o it.

from this:

to this:

thanks! hope you enjoy your phone too! by the way, what color of the curve did you pick?
Old 03-24-09, 12:54 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by markeezy
yeah the VU was slow and felt cheap.

most of the pics of the p990i on google has the flip-out keypad, but i took that off. it look so much cleaner w/o it.

from this:

to this:

thanks! hope you enjoy your phone too! by the way, what color of the curve did you pick?
That does look much better without the flip out cover I got the black Curve