Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Dealer recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-09, 02:11 PM
Cerezo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer recommendations?

Hi all, first post here. I am considering a new or used IS350. Anyone has a recommended SA in the tacoma dealership? How is the buying experience for Lexus? I drive a 06' BMW and it was pretty much hassle free when I bought it. What is the over invoice price to expect if buying new? Anyone have experience with a toddler car seat in the rear seat?

Thanks for your comments.
Old 03-19-09, 04:17 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Hi, welcome! I don't know many good sales people here. But, one thing I can tell you for sure is the dealers here overprice on their vehicle. It doesn't matter what model and year the vehicles are. New or used every dealer charges you more than it is actually worth. I'm not sure if you're willing to do this, but I would suggest you buy vehicles from out of state. I know for sure that Southern California are way cheaper than here. That's where I use to live and where we buy our vehicles. Most vehicles you can negotiate to invoice price or even below. If not, it will be pretty close to invoice. It's just the matter of which dealership you go to.

If you're looking for an new IS350 for instance, for normally packaged vehicle, Bellevue Lexus will probably list the vehicle at around maybe close to 41k to 43k, but if you were in Southern California you'll probably get at around 35k to 37k or even less. Depending where you look. Hope that helps, good luck and happy buying!
Old 03-19-09, 07:30 PM
Cerezo
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the answer, that's kind of what I figured seeing an used priced quite a bit higher than the invoice of a new. When I bought my 325i a price was given to me right off the bat and that was the price I had to pay (1500 over invoice, not bad for a 06 model in 05) and I was hoping the same. So what did everyone in the washington state have to pay? Are the dealers not easier on the price seeing how the economy is? The poll on this site obviously didn't do judgment because over a third paid 4000+ below MSRP. I would go out of state but I have a trade in.
Old 03-20-09, 11:03 AM
Cerezo
Driver School Candidate

No one cares to share the price info?
Old 03-20-09, 03:46 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Cerezo
Thanks for the answer, that's kind of what I figured seeing an used priced quite a bit higher than the invoice of a new. When I bought my 325i a price was given to me right off the bat and that was the price I had to pay (1500 over invoice, not bad for a 06 model in 05) and I was hoping the same. So what did everyone in the washington state have to pay? Are the dealers not easier on the price seeing how the economy is? The poll on this site obviously didn't do judgment because over a third paid 4000+ below MSRP. I would go out of state but I have a trade in.
Yea no problem, your welcome. I think you should go car shopping these days to give yourself an idea where the market is at right now in the Washington state. Prepare to go to different dealerships and have them give you the lowest price they can give to you out the door. That way you'll know which one your getting the most out of it. I wouldn't get my hopes up on the dealers here, but try working out your negotiation skills. I'm sure they will at least go a bit lower than before, hence I'm pretty sure the dealers aren't having too much fun in their sales lately. There will be some thirsty sales people, make sure you get those ones. But, all in all it's how bad you want the IS350. If your not in a hurry the IS350 may drop in price, if the dealers are starting to be desperate. Hope this helps.