Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Alignment Recommendation in Seattle/Bellevue Area

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-09, 03:55 PM
JP2SEA
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment Recommendation in Seattle/Bellevue Area

Hi guys,

It's time for me to replace all 4 tires that has severe camber wears and would like your opinion/recommendation for a good/reputable shop who can handle 20 inch rims. I am hoping that the shop also has some experience align cars with OEM air suspensions.

Shop Name?
Location?
Price?

Thanks for your help!
Old 04-09-09, 04:39 PM
Hakaida
Driver

Originally Posted by JP2SEA
Hi guys,

It's time for me to replace all 4 tires that has severe camber wears and would like your opinion/recommendation for a good/reputable shop who can handle 20 inch rims. I am hoping that the shop also has some experience align cars with OEM air suspensions.

Shop Name?
Location?
Price?

Thanks for your help!
They are not quite in the Seattle/Bellevue area, but I took my car to Speedware Motorsports Service Center in Redmond to get my alignment done. Its been a while so I don't remember the price. As for the OEM air suspension experience, I am pretty sure they have had experience with working with them.

Last edited by Hakaida; 04-09-09 at 04:51 PM.
Old 04-09-09, 09:07 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Hi guys,

Shop Name?
Location?
Price?

Thanks for your help!
x2
But Im on aftermarket AIR SUS
Old 04-10-09, 03:17 AM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speedware is a great shop. They have a whole bunch of race cars. check them out. Bel-kirk body shops has a suspension shop called Clarks and they're really good. My allignments been dead on for over 6 months now and when I was taking it to firestone, it'd be WAY OFF every month
Old 04-10-09, 03:48 PM
agent Lex
Driver School Candidate

les schwab is $60. But if you have air sus like air bags or air struts your camber changes every time you raise and lower your car. set a daily ride height and have them set it to that. other than that toe in or out is what can be adjusted, caster usually not adjustable unless you have pillow tops that are two-way (camber and caster)adjustable
Old 04-10-09, 06:25 PM
JP2SEA
Lead Lap

Thanks everyone for your input!!!

I'll be contacting few of the shops including what you have suggested and go from there. I'll be getting alignment done next week along with getting the new set of tires mounted before the BBQ.
Old 05-06-09, 05:01 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Originally Posted by agent Lex
les schwab is $60. But if you have air sus like air bags or air struts your camber changes every time you raise and lower your car. set a daily ride height and have them set it to that. other than that toe in or out is what can be adjusted, caster usually not adjustable unless you have pillow tops that are two-way (camber and caster)adjustable
I was just at Les Schwab, and they dont touch Air bagged cars

Thanks everyone for your input!!!

I'll be contacting few of the shops including what you have suggested and go from there. I'll be getting alignment done next week along with getting the new set of tires mounted before the BBQ.
Can you give me a name and number of the place you went, and how was the service?
Old 05-06-09, 06:22 PM
JP2SEA
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IS3_FTW
Can you give me a name and number of the place you went, and how was the service?
Deek, I probably spent a bit more than other shop but I am very happy with how car drives and no more pull to the right.

Since I work in downtown Seattle, I decided to try out the Tru Line so that I could drop my car off in the morning and go to work while the car is getting serviced.

I had 4 brand new tires mounted/balanced ($29.95/tire I recall). Since I won't be driving aggressively with my LS, I asked them to not have much camber to reduce the inner tire wear. Turns out, when you fill our their sign in form, there are areas to select your typical driving style, give your weight etc, to get the true alignment values.

Alignment was (i recall) $149ish (sorry, don't have the receipt with me). Of course, there are tax, shop fees, tire disposal fees in my case added to the bill.

Overall, I am very happy with result, customer service, and after care. Only negative was the work was completed 40min after I went there to pick up. But they did not cut corners for sure. Owner explained all before and after alignment values, etc.. in detail, which I thought a nice touch. (If he was in a rush, he could've chosen not do so as the shop's biz hours has already passed by an hour.)I was told to bring in cars after (i forgot how many miles...got check my receipt) xxx miles to the shop so that they can inspect tire wear and adjust at no cost if necessary. Oh, I did not get any scratches on my rims from tire dismount & mount/balance

I did find some other shop less expensive but this shop was very conveniently located to suit my busy weekday schedule. Ferrari of Seattle sends their cars to this shop, as well (=they will be careful with your new expensive rims)

Here is the info.

Tru-Line Seattle, Inc.
312 Boren Ave S
Seattle, WA 98144
(206) 325-3340

http://www.trulineseattle.com/

Last edited by JP2SEA; 05-06-09 at 06:27 PM.
Old 05-06-09, 08:10 PM
airtime
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Funny, I just found out there was one in Bellevue by my work, just happen to go down a side street and looked over and saw their sign Tru-Line Bellevue I may have to bring mine there as its starting to pull a little to the right after I had one new tire replacement.
Old 05-06-09, 09:08 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Thanks Nao! I found a place in Kirkland that costs $89 +tax. So it sounds like what you paid, is about right. Its called Clarks wheel alignment.
I will check tru line out, after I go through this shop. But I will call tru line, to see if they have any openings for tomorrow. I need it done ASAP

Originally Posted by airtime
Funny, I just found out there was one in Bellevue by my work, just happen to go down a side street and looked over and saw their sign Tru-Line Bellevue I may have to bring mine there as its starting to pull a little to the right after I had one new tire replacement.
Thats why its best to buy in pairs
Old 05-06-09, 09:20 PM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IS3_FTW
Thanks Nao! I found a place in Kirkland that costs $89 +tax. So it sounds like what you paid, is about right. Its called Clarks wheel alignment.
I will check tru line out, after I go through this shop. But I will call tru line, to see if they have any openings for tomorrow. I need it done ASAP

Thats why its best to buy in pairs
did you try asking extreme? im sure they could refer you to a quality shop