Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Summer Opening Meet

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-09, 08:22 PM
kevin.tran
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXveryG8
Ok guys, I have to make an announcement that I wished I didn't have to. I'm going to have to postpone the meet to June 20, 2009. I just found out today and it's very inevitable that I must go to a funeral and can't miss out on it. My deepest apologies for those that made an effort to take that day off just to be there, but I promise I'll do my best to make the 20th of June happen. I hope this is not a short of a notice for those of you that took the day off. As much as I want the 13th to happen, it's quite unfortunate but I have to attend this very important event. I hope you guys can understand, thanks again guys for the support and understanding and I hope I will be able to see you guys on the 20th of June. So I have updated the first post of the day of the event, and it's not happening on the 13th of June. Thanks again guys, and many apologies for any inconvenience that has been caused to anyone.
Won't be able to make it on the 20th it's my girlz birthday any other day would be good but the 20th I can't.
Old 06-01-09, 08:50 PM
JP2SEA
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I won't be able to attend on the 20th.
Old 06-01-09, 09:10 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Hey guys, which other day is it good for you guys? Is a weekday good for you guys? Since it's summer break pretty soon, are you guys able to make a weekday meet? Or some other day?
Old 06-01-09, 10:46 PM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

weekday would be good..as long as its after 5..how about for a monday? the 22nd would be good for me
Old 06-02-09, 08:20 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pnyboy27
weekday would be good..as long as its after 5..how about for a monday? the 22nd would be good for me
If people are cool with weekdays then I'm fine with it. But remember last time people said they were mostly free on Saturdays, but then I got again thinking what about the 14th of June Sunday? I'll only be going to the funeral starting on friday going to late saturday afternoon and flying back to seattle probably during midnight, so I think I can make it back for a BBQ on June 14 sunday. What do you guys think?
Old 06-02-09, 10:56 PM
kevin.tran
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXveryG8
If people are cool with weekdays then I'm fine with it. But remember last time people said they were mostly free on Saturdays, but then I got again thinking what about the 14th of June Sunday? I'll only be going to the funeral starting on friday going to late saturday afternoon and flying back to seattle probably during midnight, so I think I can make it back for a BBQ on June 14 sunday. What do you guys think?
Anytime is good for me except for the 20th. If its a weekday i'm going to be limited to like a hour or so because of work. Weekends I'm free if I have no plans
Old 06-02-09, 11:21 PM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

i think im good for sunday the 14th...so far nothing planned..im down!
Old 06-03-09, 02:52 AM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't do the 20th either, fathers day weekend, have plans.
Old 06-04-09, 03:47 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Uh, cant do Sundays anymore. It would be a pain for me to fight the traffic. But depending on location, time and day of the meet. I will have to see

Do I hear a night photoshoot in the air? lol
Old 06-04-09, 10:56 PM
JP2SEA
Lead Lap

Is this BBQ totally canceled?
Old 06-05-09, 12:08 AM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

i dont think so..just delayed
Old 06-05-09, 12:02 PM
davidsong
Lead Lap

hey guys, a quick info.... Yogi will let you guys know of the final results of whether to have the BBQ or not. He will inform y'all later today/night or later tomorrow (Saturday) because he is very busy with final exams and whatnot. So please hang tight, and I will make sure that he will post the updated news or will just pm you guys...

Again, sorry for all the trouble, the funeral is a must attend. Thanks for understanding.
Old 06-07-09, 06:20 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Default Update!

Hey guys, sorry for the late replies and notice. I have been super busy lately with all these finals and projects piling up. I still have more finals to go woohoo! lol...

But, anyways the BBQ is not canceled. I was thinking of postponing it and since it's getting to be a short of notice I don't want to plan something too early without giving anybody time to sort out their schedules. So I was thinking about doing maybe a afternoon to night time on a weekday for BBQ at someone's house or something. We can do a night photoshoot if we have time. I was thinking this would just be a chill, relaxing BBQ nothing much special just to hang around and talk about cars and joke around. What do you guys think? Oh and the food cost is on me, so everybody can enjoy have fun and eat some BBQ and share our mods and car enthusiast lifestyle. Also welcome the BOMB SUMMER WEATHER!

Thanks again guys for the understanding, wish we could have done it this Saturday!

P.S. Anybody have any ideas of where we can do BBQ? Would anybody be willing to volunteer their place for the BBQ event? I would greatly appreciate it, I would have held it at my house but we're remodeling right now.
Old 06-08-09, 01:50 PM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not just keep everything the way it was before, just adjust the date? I wont be able to do weekdays at all. I think Juanita beach would accommodate everybody and their cars more then somebodies house would. I dont think 15-20 or more cars parked on a residential road in a reasonable distance is going to work out.
Old 06-08-09, 06:40 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

lol...good point about the residential area with whole bunch of cars, but will there be that many people there if we do have BBQ during the weekday?

Well, the 14th still looks to me I just don't want to give this a short notice to people. What do you guys think about the 14th? I know Deek you have to depend on time? What about the same time at Juanita Park? I'm going to have to get in contact with some people to give them heads up. So if you guys are cool with the 14th I'll set it to stone and that will it'll be easier for people to get a confirmation on attendance.

But if others people are cool with doing it on a weekday at night, let me know, it be cool to have chill time for most after work and stuff and grab a beer or a drink and have some BBQ. But I think the weekday at night at a house would be a small so we accomodate for parking.

Quick Reply: Summer Opening Meet