Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Has anyone bought hid kit from ZENONDEPOT?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-09 | 10:25 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Thai, hahahaha that was definitely blinding, personal eye to HID experience lol... You got to level your lights hahaha...Yea those were nice, does mobile cliff offer philips HID bulbs in his store? I want to replace my low beams so badly, I want more bluish tint but also a stock looking low beam.

James, thanks for the feedback on your purchase. Man, now I know what to avoid hahaha

Oh yea Tony sorry for thread jacking your thread! I just wanted to know also thanks!
Old 04-29-09 | 12:16 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

well i think he does for us but some of the philips bulbs are not going to be the correct size. I think pretty much all bulbs are the same just the brand name. Its the lens that makes the cool colors. Like in the my is its the same bulbs and color temp as the acura tsx 4300k but mine looks more yellow stock then the tsx cool white blue tint. Its due to the lens inside the car. Hope that makes sense.

Look what i just found in the isx50
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...h-problem.html

Go with mobile HID

Last edited by Drunkebuda; 04-29-09 at 12:21 PM. Reason: NEW info :P
Old 04-29-09 | 06:04 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

lol, alright I'll check out their website!
Old 04-30-09 | 12:10 AM
joshuajj
Driver

I just bought the volt kit on my 06 is350 and they look good. They definately don't match to my 6000k Garax bulbs. I would say that the quality of the kit isn't all that good. I had a damaged plastic connector and had to come up with a ghetto fix...I had to stuff one of the holes with a paper towel to hold the wires in place for a solid connection. They work great, but you are definately sacrificing quality.
Old 04-30-09 | 11:04 AM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Wow, so many complaints on the xenon depot guys. I definitely don't want to sacrifice the quality. I have seen mobile cliff's products and I'm pretty interested in it, I think I might just go with those.
Old 04-30-09 | 05:42 PM
chums
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by joshuajj
I just bought the volt kit on my 06 is350 and they look good. They definately don't match to my 6000k Garax bulbs. I would say that the quality of the kit isn't all that good. I had a damaged plastic connector and had to come up with a ghetto fix...I had to stuff one of the holes with a paper towel to hold the wires in place for a solid connection. They work great, but you are definately sacrificing quality.
lol hope my volt kit doesnt come in lookin like yours better be a match considering i bought the bulbs for my lows from them, too. why didnt you just send the kit back? i personally wouldnt mind waiting a week or two more to insure quality.
Old 05-02-09 | 02:32 AM
chums
Lead Lap

just got my volt kit in today and installed it, took like 1.5 hours. reason why it took so long is cause i had to reverse the prongs on the connector, and even though its so simple, it took so long to figure out haha. i was pissed that it was so easy...

anyway, fitment and everything is fine, and it has a super slim ballast so finding a spot to mount it was easy. its direct plug and play. fyi this is my first time doing an hid conversion, so if youre not experienced, get the volt kit. its so simple haha

as for color, it matches perfectly with the bulbs i got from them for my low beams. wonder if i could level my fogs though? kinda bright, but not blinding. now that i did 6k, though, im thinking of maybe going 8k lows/fogs...but id rather save that money for a lip kit
Old 05-02-09 | 07:49 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Cool great to hear you got in man, nice to know that it still matches the low beams. Where did you mount your ballast at?
Old 05-04-09 | 05:06 PM
chums
Lead Lap

mounted them on the top of the front brake air dams. all i did was remove a few bolts from the under covers and pull back the fender liner. it gave me plenty of room to move around and the front brake air dams work perfectly to create minimal splash on the ballasts.
Old 05-04-09 | 06:09 PM
naga11
Rookie

Hey chums,

how you liking your HID fogs? I purchased the same fogs as you.

you want to help me upgrade my lowbeams and fog?

naga
Old 05-04-09 | 11:01 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chums
mounted them on the top of the front brake air dams. all i did was remove a few bolts from the under covers and pull back the fender liner. it gave me plenty of room to move around and the front brake air dams work perfectly to create minimal splash on the ballasts.
I see, I'm trying to think of a place to mount it on my RX also. Thanks!
Old 05-05-09 | 05:13 PM
chums
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by naga11
Hey chums,

how you liking your HID fogs? I purchased the same fogs as you.

you want to help me upgrade my lowbeams and fog?

naga
the fogs are working out great, my only wish is that the 2IS came with projectors on fogs haha. yeah i could help you if you need it. did you buy the same volt kit for your lows, too? or are you just upgrading bulbs?

if youre swapping your lows from halogen to hid, i dont have a drill to get through the dust cover, but other than that i could help you with everything else just name the time and place, but sundays really work best for me

@ yogi, did you already get it? i could help you if you need the help, too. if not, good luck, hope theres an easy spot to mount your ballasts haha

Last edited by chums; 05-05-09 at 05:17 PM.
Old 05-06-09 | 06:19 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Hey James, thanks man but I haven't gotten the kit yet. If you can help me when I get it that would be awesome, because I wouldn't know any easy spot for the RX also lol...
Old 05-06-09 | 07:02 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Glad to hear you're liking the Volt HID fogs chums!
Old 05-06-09 | 10:32 PM
chums
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
Glad to hear you're liking the Volt HID fogs chums!
haha thanks, steve. also, thanks for taking care of the low beam issue for me, guess the rumors of your guys' service are true

and yeah, yogi, ill help you out once you get it. get it soon, man, looks siiiiick haha

Quick Reply: Has anyone bought hid kit from ZENONDEPOT?