Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Vegas and Scorpions

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-09, 02:49 PM
sniper
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G2GS
The best way to keep them out of the house is to try and figure out how they are getting in. Then seal the hole. It took me a while, but once I got it sealed we only have them in the yard now.
Buy a UV light and you will have no problem seeing them in the dark...they glow bright green. I go out in the yard about one night a week and hunt them down with the blacklight and kill them. Like David said I got 4 the other night. Last summer the total was well over 100.
Now that's pest control.
Wow. I'm going to do that. I just bought a UV flashlight and more home defense concentrate bottles. I also called a pest service that claims it will guarantee to get rid of them for $65 every two months. I think ill just handle it on my own though.

I just found another one, smushed in the jam of my front door as I opened it to work on sealing it! A least its never boring out here
Old 05-21-09, 01:33 PM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 112 Likes on 52 Posts

ugh its so crazy LOL Scorpions!! lol
Old 05-25-09, 11:35 AM
sniper
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G2GS
The best way to keep them out of the house is to try and figure out how they are getting in. Then seal the hole. It took me a while, but once I got it sealed we only have them in the yard now.
Buy a UV light and you will have no problem seeing them in the dark...they glow bright green. I go out in the yard about one night a week and hunt them down with the black light and kill them. Like David said I got 4 the other night. Last summer the total was well over 100.
Now that's pest control.
I think I'm going to be out hunting them for a long while. I just got my UV flashlight and went around hunting them. I got 18 just last night, which makes it 48 since I moved here. It's going to get worse in the summer isn't it?