Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

2 tickets in edmonds

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-09, 08:36 AM
T.K.O.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 tickets in edmonds

$124 no front plate ..... again

$124 no license with me

I never forget my wallet
Old 06-04-09, 09:06 AM
mrkenji
Lexus Champion

That sucks dude. Wow only $124 for no license.. I thought it was like $300 or something
Old 06-04-09, 10:34 AM
gdot
Lead Lap

That sucks. Hearing this makes me want to put a front license plate on.
Old 06-04-09, 03:12 PM
CurryPot
Driver

I regret to say that this is typical of Edmonds. Lynnwood and Shoreline are not far beyond. I live in Edmonds and you have to come to a complete stop, no more than 4 mph over the limit. Don't cut thru the PCC to avoid the light. I was almost ran over by a cop chasing someone cutting thru the PCC. All of these have happened to people I know. In a previous thread, I mentioned the short fall in taxes for Edmonds. They are ticketing anything they can get - not paranoia - to make up the shortfall.

Sorry to hear about the tickets. I wonder when Edmonds commerce will formally complain about the over zealous Police in Edmonds. It's not good for local businesses that's for sure. I've lived here for just over three years. Only in the last 8 months have I seen so many Police pulling people over. And it starts as early as 6 am on 220th, the motorcycle cop is vicious.

No warning for forgetting your license is stupid, would of been fun to ask to see his!!! Front plate enforcement is common now because of the red light cameras. No front plate means they cannot trace you if you run the red light. And just in, Meter Maids are now told to ticket for no front plate. And they have doubled the Meter Maids in Edmons to.... two!. Revenue is up 70%. Of course the dumba$$ sales person at Infiniti will tell you that she has been driving 20 years without a front plate without any problems.
Old 06-04-09, 07:57 PM
Sarg
Rookie

Originally Posted by CurryPot
I regret to say that this is typical of Edmonds. Lynnwood and Shoreline are not far beyond. I live in Edmonds and you have to come to a complete stop, no more than 4 mph over the limit. Don't cut thru the PCC to avoid the light. I was almost ran over by a cop chasing someone cutting thru the PCC. All of these have happened to people I know. In a previous thread, I mentioned the short fall in taxes for Edmonds. They are ticketing anything they can get - not paranoia - to make up the shortfall.

Sorry to hear about the tickets. I wonder when Edmonds commerce will formally complain about the over zealous Police in Edmonds. It's not good for local businesses that's for sure. I've lived here for just over three years. Only in the last 8 months have I seen so many Police pulling people over. And it starts as early as 6 am on 220th, the motorcycle cop is vicious.

No warning for forgetting your license is stupid, would of been fun to ask to see his!!! Front plate enforcement is common now because of the red light cameras. No front plate means they cannot trace you if you run the red light. And just in, Meter Maids are now told to ticket for no front plate. And they have doubled the Meter Maids in Edmons to.... two!. Revenue is up 70%. Of course the dumba$$ sales person at Infiniti will tell you that she has been driving 20 years without a front plate without any problems.
Red light cameras and laser speed detectors...cops need an easy spot to receive a returning laser detection....that's why they hate smoked license plate covers too. If you black out your headlights and license plate...and have no chrome....you're virtually stealth.
Old 06-04-09, 08:50 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

I got a no front plate ticket. I fought it and had a picture of my car with it on. It got dropped. Fight it, you might win. Especially if you have your license with you. Or at least get it dropped a little, if not dismissed completely. GL

They are enforcing the No Seatbelt Law again. So they are cracking down from May 14th-July 7th. FYI
Old 06-04-09, 09:18 PM
5t341th
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

damn 124 bucks for the plate thing.
i got a ticket during a roadtrip and its a fixit ticket
only 25 dollars but thats still too high
Old 06-05-09, 09:16 AM
jcrome04
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fight the tickets. Your front plate bracket was "broken", show a photo of it "fixed". And explain how you were in a rush an just forgot your wallet. If they don't get thrown out completely they should be drastically reduced.

Remember when in court to dress in your best, and mind your P's & Q's, and Sir's & Ma'am's
Old 06-05-09, 10:02 PM
kevin.tran
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sarg
Red light cameras and laser speed detectors...cops need an easy spot to receive a returning laser detection....that's why they hate smoked license plate covers too. If you black out your headlights and license plate...and have no chrome....you're virtually stealth.
haha YES! I'm on stealth mode hahah
Old 06-06-09, 10:25 AM
JP2SEA
Lead Lap

Aren't there a military discount on citation? haha
Old 06-06-09, 03:03 PM
kevin.tran
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JP2SEA
Aren't there a military discount on citation? haha
haha depends on who pulls you over most of the time they let you go
Old 06-08-09, 06:31 PM
T.K.O.
Lexus Test Driver

Tell me about it guys...

First front plate ticket i got was last year in Shoreline.. I drove by a cop who already had someone pulled over.. he ran and jumped in his car... was speeding like crazy and did a dangerous pass around a lady who got between us... all to give me a no front plate ticket... its hard not to take that type of thing personal..

anyway this cop who gave it to me didnt have much of a choice... I've seen her down at the traffic light outside of rorys helping direct traffic twice and she told me about the plate so technically this was the third time she had to confront me about it... lol

i never forget my wallet.. ever... was probably one of the first time and this happened.