Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-09, 07:03 PM
JP2SEA
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you do?

Today in Bellevue, got onto packed I-405 S bound from NE 8th area, it was really packed, bumper to bumper. I turned the signal on, slowly merged onto the traffic (going no more than few miles per hour), wave my hand to let the driver behind know "Thanks!"

THEN,

This A-hole in Black Porche gave me a finger for about few seconds, moved to the left lane and came next to me, then yell x*&%$xo@!+?<. then move forward a bit and started to merge into my lane...at this point his quarter panel was 6 inches away from my door. My side mirror was almost touching his car.

What would you have done? or try guessing what I did

Last edited by JP2SEA; 06-04-09 at 07:46 PM.
Old 06-04-09, 07:26 PM
shonn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I woulda stopped in front of him and yanked his a$$ outta the car. And then teach him a lesson in manners.
Old 06-04-09, 07:48 PM
Sarg
Rookie

Originally Posted by JP2SEA
Today in Bellevue, got onto packed I-405 S bound from NE 8th area, it was really packed, bumper to bumper. I turned the signal on, slowly merged onto the traffic (going no more than few miles per hour), wave my hand to let the driver behind know "Thanks!"

THEN,

This A-hole in Black Porche gave me a finger for about few seconds, moved to the left lane and came next to me, then yell x*&%$xo@!+?<. then move forward a bit and started to merged into my lane...at this point his quarter panel was 6 inches away from my door. My side mirror was almost touching his car.

What would you have done? or try guessing what I did
Let him have his way...no need to f*** up your car, have to get it fixed, deal with insurance, deal with any police...as they would take the entire thing as road rage...you have air conditioning...chill out...lol...I get that everyday - I drive around 100 miles a day....people have cars with no air and are cranky....best to avoid it all....getting the finger doesn't bother me...I tend to laugh at those who seem to think it's necessary to express their opinion through hand gestures....who cares, get home safe and let the other guy go home pissed off. But that's just me, I'm too old for all that crap anymore, so I just let it go.
Old 06-04-09, 08:56 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

What car were you driving? That will determine on what I would have done. LOL j/k

I would do what Sarg said. Just avoid it completely.

If you have another person in the car, just get in the HOV(carpool) lane and flip the middle finger back at him

Im guessing, that you had a camera and took a picture to show us what kind of moron he was, to get no where fast
Old 06-04-09, 10:47 PM
JP2SEA
Lead Lap

Yes! being a mature male as most of you guys know me, I have taken the next exit out (SE 8th) to avoid this crazy aggressive driver

His multiple finger gesture didn't upset me...just smiled and got off the freeway.

hmmmm, I wonder why his passenger side-mirror was folded down
Old 06-05-09, 08:30 AM
mrkenji
Lexus Champion

yah i think it depends on what car you were in.. if you were in the LS i woulda smiled and laughed and waved at him when he was all pissed off.. if i was in another car.. id let him hit me due to it would be his fault since you were already in the lane and have the pissed off jerk pay for fixing your other car and then some.
Old 06-05-09, 09:12 AM
jcrome04
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Laugh at him, at the top of my lungs. Nothing pisses off pissed off people more than seeing you NOT be angry too lol
Old 06-05-09, 11:02 AM
shonn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

meh road rage FTW!
Old 06-05-09, 12:13 PM
davidsong
Lead Lap

well, if you are in your LS i'd say just smile, wave, apologize, whatever... it is not worth it.

if your in your daily driver, it would depends on if you got the time to spare with police, insurance, and what not... if you do, i'd probably mess around with him for a while and (maybe) let it go. i mean, he is in a porsche. if he gets in an accident with you, he would be pissed as hell, more pain for him...lol.
if you dont got the time, again, i'd just smile, wave, apologize, whatever... it is not worth it.

but the driver here in WA really sux so bad... just gotta learn to let it go sometimes, not worth the hassle. just vent on the board, and let it go would be the best approach....
Old 06-05-09, 07:57 PM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

yea..good job! i like what you did..i probably would have done the same..maybe even smiled at him and said thank you! then yell out to him..have a nice day! =P

fun stuff!
Old 06-05-09, 09:22 PM
Sunapollo
Rookie

I'd take a good picture of him with a phone and post it here
Old 06-05-09, 09:57 PM
kevin.tran
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea I would've just laughed....but a few years back I would've thrown some brake fluid at his a$$ or didn't let him in haha but I'm all grown up now haha
Old 06-06-09, 01:03 AM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Ignored it

Last edited by TRD_Power; 06-06-09 at 09:23 AM.