Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

July 9, 2009 Weeknight Meet!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-09, 12:52 PM
sway162
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IS3_FTW
If you get into tacoma area around 430/5pm. We can cruise together

What is it that you do and would you be able to be in Tacoma by that time?
Damn, can't do it today. I would have totally met up with you too. I install the springs yesterday and was able to make it in to work but just right after lunch I was hearing knocking type noises on front passenger side. As soon as I get off I got a buddy down here with tools and I will try and double check my work. The sportx looks damn good though lowered. Wow, makes such a difference especially the rear. It's now leveled out. I will post pics soon.

I work for the Higher Education Coordinating Board, small state/government agency that help fund needy college students. All I do is look at numbers all day long! lol Just making sure our accounts stay balance with all the Washington state schools.

Anyways, I will look forward to another night meet. Next time we should def meet up and cruise to the next meet.
Old 07-09-09, 04:17 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^^^^^sounds like your upper ball joint is loose.

Safer to get things fixed now, so you dont have to worry about it later down the road. Or side of the road
Old 07-10-09, 02:11 PM
sway162
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS3_FTW
^^^^^^^^sounds like your upper ball joint is loose.

Safer to get things fixed now, so you dont have to worry about it later down the road. Or side of the road
How did the weeknight meet go?

Well, I went over the fronts and everything was nice and tight. I couldn't find any loose nuts and bolts. Where is the upper ball joint?
Old 07-10-09, 04:37 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Its part of the upper A arm. Pretty much your camber adjustment

Have you gotten your alignment done yet? They could help you source the problem. Or it could just be that your lowered, and you hear more noises, since your running a little bit of a stiffer suspension.

Also, is it when you brake?
Old 07-10-09, 05:40 PM
sway162
Lexus Champion

Oh okay, I know what your talking about.

Yeah, I was thinking once I get my alignment done I can have the shop take a look at it. I will probably get that done by the end of next week. My rear seats and trunk are all stripped still so I might be just tripping and hearing things! lol BTW...wow it is extremely loud with all the fabric stripped back there. I hear it when I slowly accelerate (never when braking).....but If I give it a lil more gas then I hear nothing at all. It's weird....could be just the springs breaking in? Maybe I am just trippin!
Old 07-10-09, 11:12 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Hey guys, thanks for making out, it was great meeting you guys again, and nice to meet the new people. I had great time at the restaurant and at the parking lot. It was interesting looking at Deek take the tail lights apart. I know Mark you enjoy smelling our new RX leather smell lol...Although I didn't like the Breakwater Blue color. Deek should have asked for digits man, I know you could had a chance with her! ToyotaMike, you really got a great deal on those rims, I couldn't believe when you told me the price!!! Great meeting you and your girlfriend.

Originally Posted by sway162
How did the weeknight meet go?

Well, I went over the fronts and everything was nice and tight. I couldn't find any loose nuts and bolts. Where is the upper ball joint?
It was pretty cool, we later went to an Italian restaurant, and had a waitress that Deek liked eyeballing lol...jkjk You should definitely come out next time.