Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

anyone ever had a totaled car inspected by WSP?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-09, 05:26 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default anyone ever had a totaled car inspected by WSP?

one of my cars was wrecked. I bought it back from the insurance company and put new parts on it.
Old 07-10-09, 05:51 PM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are you wondering? My step brothers best friend/family owns a reputable body shop and has dealt with buying back a totaled evo recently along with other cars in the past. I could see if he could answer any questions you might have.
Old 07-10-09, 07:15 PM
RCPnoi
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Emerald
one of my cars was wrecked. I bought it back from the insurance company and put new parts on it.
was it your GS...i remember you posting a pic of it, with the front end damaged, how is it and what happened?
Old 07-11-09, 03:36 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

no, it was my 740il that got wrecked It was in a head on collision and they totaled it.
The damage wasnt 'that ' bad either. Had to be the easiest fix in the history of bodywork!

I bought it back, replaced the hood,fender and front bumper cover. then bought a set of cheap headlights and stripped all the usable parts from the smashed stuff.

oh , and my rusty sledge hammer!!!

Just wondering what the process is and if anyone has gone thru it....
Old 07-11-09, 09:48 AM
davidsong
Lead Lap

ouch.... hope you were not hurt.

if you get it back running and the inspection passed, then wouldnt that be considered a rebuilt title? or salvage title?

either way, another euro in the house
Old 07-11-09, 12:21 PM
RCPnoi
Lead Lap

no, it was my 740il that got wrecked It was in a head on collision and they totaled it.
The damage wasnt 'that ' bad either. Had to be the easiest fix in the history of bodywork!

I bought it back, replaced the hood,fender and front bumper cover. then bought a set of cheap headlights and stripped all the usable parts from the smashed stuff.

oh , and my rusty sledge hammer!!!

Just wondering what the process is and if anyone has gone thru it....
Matt might be the best bet about getting more info
He is defenitely good ppl

That damage looks just like the damage on the S14 i bought back in Japan
except it was on the driver side....replaced the fender, front bumper, hood ,lights, crash bar and pulled a lil on the frame and it was touge/drift worthy again....crashed it 2 monthz later up in the mountains =P
talk about irony

Ate....so how many cars you got under your belt now?
you should defenitely show up to some of the local meets sometime
i get back from afghan NOV...maybe i can check out your rides next summer
before i transfer again

Good Luck with the beamer
Old 07-12-09, 10:54 AM
pasionm
Driver School Candidate

I bought my Turbo2 back in the day from a junkyard. All you have to do is have receipts of all the parts you fixed. They check all the VIN #'s to make sure nothing is stolen and they do a visual inspection of the car to make sure it can drive safely. Also you have to call them to setup a appointment. I had to wait couple weeks to finally get in.

Good Luck.
Old 07-12-09, 03:58 PM
shonn
Lexus Test Driver

I had to bring my old 1LS to WSP for inspection. And it was the gayest thing ever. lol. I waited for about 30+ minutes for them to look at the vins' and look around the car and that was it. It took about 10 minutes and that was it. I was like "That's it?!" and the lady just said "yep." and walked into the office. lol. So it's pretty painless.
Old 07-13-09, 08:30 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by davidsong
ouch.... hope you were not hurt.

if you get it back running and the inspection passed, then wouldnt that be considered a rebuilt title? or salvage title?

either way, another euro in the house
rebuilt title. I guess the re-sale value is shot now LoL!!
Originally Posted by RCPnoi
Matt might be the best bet about getting more info
He is defenitely good ppl

That damage looks just like the damage on the S14 i bought back in Japan
except it was on the driver side....replaced the fender, front bumper, hood ,lights, crash bar and pulled a lil on the frame and it was touge/drift worthy again....crashed it 2 monthz later up in the mountains =P
talk about irony

Ate....so how many cars you got under your belt now?
you should defenitely show up to some of the local meets sometime
i get back from afghan NOV...maybe i can check out your rides next summer
before i transfer again

Good Luck with the beamer
thanks!

yeah, I was shocked that they totaled it. I had it for about a month. I actually got my plates a couple days b4 the accident and the Title a few days after the accident LoL!!

8 or 9 cars. I think next summer will be much better next year for us. I'll be around

Originally Posted by pasionm
I bought my Turbo2 back in the day from a junkyard. All you have to do is have receipts of all the parts you fixed. They check all the VIN #'s to make sure nothing is stolen and they do a visual inspection of the car to make sure it can drive safely. Also you have to call them to setup a appointment. I had to wait couple weeks to finally get in.

Good Luck.
Originally Posted by shonn
I had to bring my old 1LS to WSP for inspection. And it was the gayest thing ever. lol. I waited for about 30+ minutes for them to look at the vins' and look around the car and that was it. It took about 10 minutes and that was it. I was like "That's it?!" and the lady just said "yep." and walked into the office. lol. So it's pretty painless.
Cool!!

One thing, woukd it be better to wait on painting it so they can see that they are brand new replacement panels?
Old 07-13-09, 12:04 PM
RCPnoi
Lead Lap

thanks!

yeah, I was shocked that they totaled it. I had it for about a month. I actually got my plates a couple days b4 the accident and the Title a few days after the accident LoL!!

8 or 9 cars. I think next summer will be much better next year for us. I'll be around

So where have you been....you've been pretty bz last year and the begining of this year...i was trying to get a hold of you for some assitance
if you're not too bz next year maybe you can help me with finishing touches with my IS before i ship it to japan and get the engine work done

8-9 cars
hrmmz....
2 - 240sx
2 - SC
1 - GS
1 - 740I

what else you got.....how you got so many rides....i'm jealous
that's like me in japan but cars there are hella lot cheaper

i hope you keep in touch and chill with us next year

Last edited by RCPnoi; 07-13-09 at 12:12 PM.
Old 09-26-09, 02:54 PM
RCPnoi
Lead Lap

Hey Emerald
how'd it go?....I may have to consult with you in the future....i'm lookin to buy a salvage car...i'll get with matt to...but just wondering how yours turned out