Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

anyone hear about this? so cali meet

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-02, 09:02 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I ran a bit late today...showed up at Best Buy at 8:50pm and didn't see anything. I did see one dark colored SC (with temp plates) parked next to an older ES, but nobody was around. So I drove over to the Barnes and Noble thing and saw nothing but Honda's and Acura's. I didn't really feel like hanging with those folks, so I came home. I gotta catch Spiderman at 10:30 tonight anyways...oh well.

Did anyone meet up? How'd it go?
Old 05-04-02, 01:55 PM
007lexus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Hey GUYS,

I was GREATLY disappointed with ALL the lexus folks so said they were giong and only do-luck-sc showed up!!!! (You all know who are!!!!!!!)

I drove from LA for this meeting(60 miles), I was @#$! pissed not seeing any of the people who said they would attend.

Everyone here knew that before hand that this event would include other vechiles and we still agreed to meet, I personally did not like being stood-up and I think no one here would like it either!!!!!!!

ps. Lexus cars are reliable cars, tooooo BAD their owners are NOT!!(this only applys to those who said they'd attend)
Old 05-04-02, 06:18 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

hey 007lexus,
i'd have to agree, unfortunately. i was late because of circumstances, but i still showed up and met Moe (misspelling?), so it was cool.

99.9% of everyone there was ricers, and i wish more CL members would have shown up. it's weird, no one cares to meet up and chill anymore....
Old 05-04-02, 09:23 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Well, I guess I fall into that catergory of people that said they were coming and didn't show up. I would like to apologize, but after reading posts where members were attempting to change the date and location of the meet on the day before the meet, I decided that it would probably be a waste of my time.

I was actually looking forward to the meet, I just think the person that initiates the meet should be the one that makes the final decision as to where and when the meet takes place. While it looks as though that is what eventually happpened, I makes me a little nervous when I read a post the day before the planned meet has been changed to another date and time. It also appears that what I feared would happen, did indeed happen...only 2 people showed up, I guess I would have made 3!

Please accept my sincere apology.

Ken
Old 05-04-02, 09:43 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
gunnermac,
it's cool, don't worry about it. i really wanted to see more fixed up lexus' out there. yours too! maybe next time though.

i started this post hoping everything will go perfectly, but something came up @ the last minute, so no worries. I would like to get a BIG meet in a month or so, that way it gives everyone time to set plans and everything. what do you think? anyone?
Old 05-04-02, 10:22 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Originally posted by do-luck sc
gunnermac,
it's cool, don't worry about it. i really wanted to see more fixed up lexus' out there. yours too! maybe next time though.

i started this post hoping everything will go perfectly, but something came up @ the last minute, so no worries. I would like to get a BIG meet in a month or so, that way it gives everyone time to set plans and everything. what do you think? anyone?
I would be great we could to put together a SoCal meet pretty soon (maybe late May~early June). I also want to see some modded Lexi and also meet some more of the members.

I think the only way that you will come up with good participation is to come up with a time, date and place then ask who is interested. You can solicit suggestions before deciding on time/date/place, but once it is planned and people start saying "I can't make it at that time or date, lets have the meet when it's more convenient for me", just tell them to have there own meet.

I actually thinking of trying to put together meet surrounding the Father's Day Classic Auto Show here in the Temecula Valley, but it is on a Sunday and lot of the members are married with kids so most would like to be with their families. I think I will might still throw the idea out there. Since the Temecula Valley is sort of centrally located between LA and SD, it may be a good location.
What do you think?

Ken
Old 05-04-02, 11:16 PM
Static911

I am in process of planning for next So-Cal get together for mid / late July

Give me two weeks to finalize everything before advertising it.

Ethan
Old 05-04-02, 11:23 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Great...I'll have my body kit by then
Old 05-05-02, 02:13 AM
enginyr
Banned

Spiderman was cool......Next meet should be "Men In black II"
Old 05-05-02, 12:11 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I showed up...but I guess my timing was just off when I got to Best Buy (I had food poisoning that night, but I still came after sitting on the john for a while!).

I never really wanted to hang out at the speedoptions thing. If you look at my previous posts in this thread, I think I made that fairly obvious. But I really, really wanted to see some other Lexus'.

Like I said, I showed up at Best Buy and at Barnes and Noble, but didn't see anyone that I thought may have been from CL. I was at the Speedoptions meet at 9pm and didn't see anything but the Honda crowd. I didn't have much time to hang around there to wait for people, so I left. Hopefully next time, we can organize this a little better
Old 05-20-02, 04:40 PM
enginyr
Banned

May 24th Wednesday @ 8:30 P.M. Starbucks on (Ventura & Topanga). Me, Ken, Jeff, & Martin are showing up and show the bikers a thing or two. Any like to join. PM....Me. Possibly form the next Los Angeles Club lexus chapter.......

Thats this Wednesday!!!
Old 05-20-02, 04:46 PM
SharpLS-96
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey, your wrong!!!! May 24th is not Wednesday though...its Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So which day is it? Wednesday the 22nd? or Friday the 24th???????
Old 05-20-02, 04:53 PM
SharpLS-96
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Steve...why no LS's on your site at www.lexusgrill.com ? wtf
Do you guys chrome or know of anyone that can chrome my LS grill?
Old 05-20-02, 05:50 PM
enginyr
Banned

Originally posted by SharpLexusLs400
Hey, your wrong!!!! May 24th is not Wednesday though...its Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So which day is it? Wednesday the 22nd? or Friday the 24th???????

My bad the 22nd.....
Old 05-20-02, 07:54 PM
Flatline IS
Driver School Candidate

This could be a cool little meet. I go there every Wednesday with my GSXR. I'll go, and I'll leave the bike at home.
It is kinda cool. 75-100 or so street bikes. We hang there for awhile and then cruise down Ventura Blvd. and take the Sepulveda pass over to Sunset. Roll down Sunset and end up at Carney's.