Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

OFFICIAL NWMotoring: 2010 SPRING FLING AT XXX ROOTBEER

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-10, 08:16 PM
NWMotoring
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OFFICIAL NWMotoring: 2010 SPRING FLING AT XXX ROOTBEER

Official NWMotoring.com Meet!
Facebook Post
Make this meet successful by following these guidelines

THE DETAILS
When: March 28th, 2009 STARTS at 9:00AM - Goes until everyone leaves!
Where: Triple-X Root Beer in Issaquah (website)
Address: 98 NE Gilman Blvd, Issaquah, WA 98027
What to Bring: Your Camera, and CASH to buy food with. They do not accept cards or checks! Meals run ~$10-15. ATM available inside.
Who is invited: YOU. Northwest motoring members are invited, this is not another "invite all forums" meet.

We will have plenty of people taking pictures from all over, so be sure to check back after the meet and post any pictures you have here!

How to get there
From i-90 (either direction)
- Take exit 17 (Front St)
- Go SOUTH on Front St
- Take a LEFT on NE Gilman Blvd
- BAM, a few hundred feet later, take a left into the parking lot of XXX Root Beer!

For Google directions, click

The SHOULD be enough parking - beware it may extend into the street and across the street. Please DO NOT block the gas station/store slightly further up the road. -- they've been known to have over 400 cars at their meets so be prepared for a packed venue. Last year we filled up the lot pretty quick!

MISC INFO

ALL CARS AND/OR ANYTHING WITH AN INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINE ARE ALLOWED.

Please Read and follow these Meet RULES!
1. NO BURNOUTS/REVVING
within sight/hearing distance of XXX -- Not only do we not want a bad rep, but we want to respect the community that so graciously allows XXX to have events like this, and doing stupid stuff does not do anyone good. This includes, revving loudly, honking, flybys, etc. (once you're on the i-90 on-ramp, feel free to rev/burn out all you want.... that's between you and the cops)

2. CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF
If we leave any trash after the meet, we will never be able to have a meet there again (Jose will not let us). PLEASE take the extra 5 steps to put garbage in a trash, and pocket/throw away cigarette butts. That will make a huge difference in how long I have to stay after everyone leaves to clean up. KEEP IT CLEAN!!!!

3. USE COMMON SENSE
No drinking alcohol, horsing around (people put lots of $$ into cars), being a douchebag, etc.

So come out, see some awesome cars, have some awesome food, have a great time, and support the the Northwest's Premiere local website!

Pics from the Previous meets!

***PLEASE SIGN UP FOR NWMOTROING.COM BY CLICKING HERE***

***AFTER REGISTERING, OR IF YOU ARE ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE VISIT THE OFFICAL THREAD BY CLICKING HERE AND LET US KNOW YOU ARE COMING!***
Old 02-25-10, 04:34 PM
mrkenji
Lexus Champion

this is the same day as the Northwest Nissans Golden Gardens meet.. and that is normally huge..
Old 03-02-10, 09:47 AM
Bobby206
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be at the XXX meet, probably will roll w/ the guys from e90post. not familiar with anyone here.
Old 03-02-10, 01:42 PM
is300chris
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mrkenji
this is the same day as the Northwest Nissans Golden Gardens meet.. and that is normally huge..
that means no nissans will be there then.
Old 03-02-10, 02:56 PM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Ya im getting confused now. I thought the GG meet was started by the NWN guys, and being that they are putting on the XXX one on the 28th which is supposedly the same day as the GG meet, did the venue just get changed or will there be meets at both spots? Seems kinda pointless to me, might as well just bring them all to one spot, but then again I wouldnt be surprised if they wanted to avoid the amount of cops that were at GG last time.
Old 03-02-10, 06:09 PM
shonn
Lexus Test Driver

Well considering there was just a meet at the xxx root beer place. I'm going to the GG meet. BECAUSE it'll be a bigger meet at GG.
Old 03-02-10, 08:03 PM
LazyAccent
Driver

Eh. XXX Rootbeer was a long drive for me I rather go to GG lol Its closer to me than XXX.
Old 03-03-10, 11:52 AM
drksyde
Driver

so are most people on CL going to GG then?
Old 03-03-10, 04:37 PM
shonn
Lexus Test Driver

Yea, IMPERIAL will be going to GG. Or at least they better be! lol.
Old 03-03-10, 07:23 PM
kevin.tran
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shonn
Yea, IMPERIAL will be going to GG. Or at least they better be! lol.
Lol look at Shonn. Shot Calla...
Old 03-03-10, 10:58 PM
S30ZG
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mkiiisupra
Ya im getting confused now. I thought the GG meet was started by the NWN guys, and being that they are putting on the XXX one on the 28th which is supposedly the same day as the GG meet, did the venue just get changed or will there be meets at both spots? Seems kinda pointless to me, might as well just bring them all to one spot, but then again I wouldnt be surprised if they wanted to avoid the amount of cops that were at GG last time.
GG is hosted by NWN and this Spring Fling Event is hosted by NWmotoring. As for the cops that showed up last year at GG, that happened because there was a wedding the same day at the park and they called the cops because the meet kinda ruined the setting.

If you guys have any Qs about GG feel free to ask me, I'm the moderator Young Z over on NWN.
Old 03-04-10, 05:14 AM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

OMG you make me feel like an idiot. NWMOTORING.............. NOOOOWWW I get it.
Old 03-10-10, 12:35 PM
Bobby206
Pole Position

So I take that nobody on CL is going to the XXX meet? I'm going to be at eastgate park & ride by 8:30am and rolling with the guys on e90post.com but would much rather roll some fellow lexus owners.
Old 03-10-10, 04:44 PM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bobby206
So I take that nobody on CL is going to the XXX meet? I'm going to be at eastgate park & ride by 8:30am and rolling with the guys on e90post.com but would much rather roll some fellow lexus owners.
Dont know yet. GG is almost always bigger, but I have seen some HUGE meets at XXX before. I know most of us are definitely showing up at GG first, then from there who knows. I personally want to go check out XXX later and see whats there.
Old 03-10-10, 08:19 PM
Overdose20
Driver School Candidate

I am gonna meet with you all at gas works then head too GG. The after that I am gonna be heading to the XXX meet or atleast go there and get something too eat.